Mary J Blige Doesn't Like "Rude" Christina Aguilera

babyjane

Reaction score
Listen to what Mary said:

http://www.gossipish.com/media/Mary_J._Blige_on_meeting_Christina_Aguilera.mp3
http://<a href=
Hip-hop soul diva Mary J. Blige has vowed to never record a song with pop diva Christina Aguilera because she feels that she is "rude". Recalling their first meeting Mary said that upon greeting each other Xtina extended her hand to Mary as though she wanted her to kiss it which was taken as an extreme insult by Blige.
Mary was very candid about her dislike for Christina during a filming of a documentary for British TV even saying that the 'Dirrty' singer was not going to last in the business because she doesn't know how to treat people and that Britney will be the one to go the farthest. After having had time to consider the impact of her statements, Mary tried to have her comments on Xtina taken out of the documentary but they were included regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's going to be remembering Madonna+Brit+Xtina's MTV awards performance for some time to come. It was hilarious how ppl praised Christina's singing - which was beyond awful - and I do remember Mary J Blige's look of torture when Xtina was singing for all she was worth. I agree with Mary JB - Britney is the one with the rythm in her blood (even though she needs to let go of her musical inhibitions) - Xtina is the one who will die trying.

I don't know if Christina Aguilera is rude or not but I know that she can definitely sing. Britney on the other hand can't sing at all. I don't even care for either of them since I don't like that type of music but I know a good voice when I hear one. I think people would rather hear a beautiful voice than a half whispering "are you ready?" every 5 seconds. I think Christina will last much longer as an artist and Britney will have the Michael Jackson sort of fame.

These women are all so catty!

chicsassy7 said:
I don't know if Christina Aguilera is rude or not but I know that she can definitely sing. Britney on the other hand can't sing at all. I don't even care for either of them since I don't like that type of music but I know a good voice when I hear one. I think people would rather hear a beautiful voice than a half whispering "are you ready?" every 5 seconds. I think Christina will last much longer as an artist and Britney will have the Michael Jackson sort of fame.
Yeah, this is the old issue of how some people think belching and wailing amounts to good singing. Naturally, neither Britney nor Christina are fantastic singers, but choosing from pest or cholera I will pick the one with an ounce of feeling in her voice (Britney) rather than the belching one (Xtina). No, I'm with Mary J on this one :lol:

iluvjeisa said:
Yeah, this is the old issue of how some people think belching and wailing amounts to good singing. Naturally, neither Britney nor Christina are fantastic singers, but choosing from pest or cholera I will pick the one with an ounce of feeling in her voice (Britney) rather than the belching one (Xtina). No, I'm with Mary J on this one :lol:

I don't think Christina can sing either. Or that she's better than Britney. As you said : pest and cholera. :P

I think Christina has a gospel singer type voice, a lot of soul and power which isn't really suitable for pop music. I like her voice not her music. Don't even get me started on squeeky Britney. My cat has a better voice.
But back on subject, I hear the rude comment a lot. Hopefully marriage will deflate her ego a little.

Wasn't this Mary J. vs. Christina thing so... 5 years ago?

But I have to agree with you guys who say Christina can't sing. She has a nice voice - she just does not know how to utilize it to its full potential. Have you noticed how bad she strains to hit certain notes? It's awful. It's like she can't hold a note without busting out some whacked out vibratto. She's a god damn yoddler, through and through.

ChinaLove said:

But I have to agree with you guys who say Christina can't sing. She has a nice voice - she just does not know how to utilize it to its full potential. Have you noticed how bad she strains to hit certain notes? It's awful. It's like she can't hold a note without busting out some whacked out vibratto. She's a god damn yoddler, through and through.

I was thinking the same, I read how on the christina website, it said its all rumours.

ChinaLove said:
She has a nice voice - she just does not know how to utilize it to its full potential. Have you noticed how bad she strains to hit certain notes? It's awful. It's like she can't hold a note without busting out some whacked out vibratto. She's a god damn yoddler, through and through.

That's exactly what I wanted to say:flower:

Had it ever occurred to Mary J that maybe... just maybe... Christina extends her hand like that naturally, not expecting people to kiss it? I know many people who shake hands like that because it's slightly more feminine than just sticking it out straight... In my opinion, Anyone who reads that deep into a hand shake has some serious time on his/her hands and some serious problems to go along with it...

eightyeightkeys said:
Had it ever occurred to Mary J that maybe... just maybe... Christina extends her hand like that naturally, not expecting people to kiss it? I know many people who shake hands like that because it's slightly more feminine than just sticking it out straight... In my opinion, Anyone who reads that deep into a hand shake has some serious time on his/her hands and some serious problems to go along with it...

That's a good point - but I suppose there's a pretty good chance that there are other reasons for MJB to interpret this hand-action in this way? Well, there are basically three options; Either Christina is whacky with a bloated ego, or MJB has a paranoical syndrome or else - and probably by far the most likely - the interviewer has edited his story to cause a rift.

If it's anything Christina is capable of, it's singing. She's a heck of a singer, which is more than I can say for most other 'singers'. Her voice is extremely powerful and rich.

iluvjeisa said:
Yeah, this is the old issue of how some people think belching and wailing amounts to good singing.

That sounds very condescending to those of us who do not share your opinion.

chicsassy7 said:
iluvjeisa said:
Yeah, this is the old issue of how some people think belching and wailing amounts to good singing.

That sounds very condescending to those of us who do not share your opinion.

Yes, it does - but then there are some other comments on this thread which are condescending as well.

I suppose I'm a bit grumpy about it because there are so many ppl who like her singing - and yet when she sings live my head aches and I feel nauseated. She has a nice voice - and on record it sounds fine (if a little boring) - but live it's just really horrible.:sick:

I dont know what to think but Mary J. sure doesn't hold back anything. She was being honored at the VIBE awards and during her acceptance speech and she complained about how the photographer chose a horrible picture of her to put on the cover of VIBE magazine. Thats kind of rude considering these people were giving her a life-time achievement award(or something along the lines of that)

ChinaLove said:

Oh don't compare her with yoddlers,please. Even they know how to use their voices rather beautifully,m'dear. :wink:

Actually,to me she sounds more like a constipated cow. For arguement's sake,she nor Britney have no musical abilities whatsoever. They're just voices backed by manufactured sounds.

Anyway,I must agree with Erin...it's all so silly and trivial.

Someone just alerted me that this story is from 2001.

Below is a picture of Mary's reaction to Christina when she lifted her veil for the imfamous performance of "Like A Virgin" at the MTV awards.
Maryhatextina.jpg

i thot i was the only one that say ms. mary j's pained expression. but i dont think its classy for people to predict other's careers

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->