Mary-Kate cut out of Factory girl?

wings

Reaction score
According to Liz Smith in baltimoresun.com the director has cut out Mary-kate's scene in factory girl!

'Girl' trouble
Mary-Kate Olsen, one of the perilously skinny Olsen twins, had a role in the coming film Factory Girl that was as thin as her thigh. In fact the role was so small, Mary-Kate refused to do any press junkets for the movie. Oops!
Harvey Weinstein, whose company is producing Factory Girl, just up and cut what there was of Mary-Kate right out of the movie. That's Mary-Kate's story, anyway. Don't mess with Harvey; you'll never come out ahead. (But maybe he was just messing with her tiny head, and she's still there, in all her wispy glory?)
baltimoresun.com

I kind of understand that she didn't want to do pr for it since she had what ten seconds screen time?

This Review of the movie from go.com proves its true
OUR REVIEW
by Dave White

Who's in It: Sienna Miller, Guy Pearce, Hayden Christensen, Jimmy Fallon, Meredith Ostrom, Beth Grant, Edward Herrmann, Mena Suvari
The Basics: Want to know all about Edie Sedgwick, the queen of Andy Warhol's pack of wild superstars who all hung out, did drugs and made crazy movies at The Factory in the 1960s? Then you should maybe read a book about her because this movie is dopey.

What's the Deal? In fact, it's so scattered and borderline incoherent that you'd think the ghost of Sedgwick, hopped up on speed, made it herself. The high points all get hit: child of mentally ill and abusive but superrich old-money WASPs, beautiful and screwed up herself, involved with freaky artist types and hangers-on, attention-and-love-starved, high all the time and doomed to the inevitable downward spiral. You just never know exactly why. Or who stood by and didn't lift a finger.

No, Really, He's a Composite: You see Sedgwick get involved with a famous folk singer who is, according to the filmmakers, a combination of several men, but who wears the same clothes and the same famous harmonica-brace as an acclaimed singer-songwriter whose name rhymes with Zob Zylan. This singer is played by Christensen, who's even trying to do the same speech pattern and tone of voice as the famous singer whose name rhymes with Zob Zylan. Legal troubles are already brewing as I write this, mostly because the movie treats their love affair as fact (dumb sex scene and all), when it's still pretty debatable as to how involved they ever really were.

Be Shocked Most By: How good Pearce is as Andy Warhol even though the movie sucks. And how bad Illeana Douglas is as famous Vogue editor Diana Vreeland in her one scene (no one can even be bothered to pronounce the historical figure's name correctly — it was Dee-anna, not Die-anna). And how totally absent credited co-star Mary-Kate Olsen is. You barely see her standing in the background of one shot. Whatever screen time she got was chopped out completely.

got everything from portrait forums​

Well with the rumour going around the movie stinks maybe its best she got cut out...then again she can't act.

hopefully, at this rate the movie will never get released.

Nevermind when the movie bombs she will realise that she had a lucky escape:innocent:

I saw a market research version of the film and MK is not in it other than in the background of a shot at the beginning of the movie. She is basically an extra, no lines or close ups. IF the final version of the film is released, there may be more scenes with MK but I highly doubt it.

Guy Pierce is pretty good as Warhol, which is the only decent thing about the film.

lemeray said:
Well with the rumour going around the movie stinks maybe its best she got cut out...then again she can't act.

ha ha ha ah... so with you

and although how much i love pearce, i still can't get off my head with david bowie as warhol.
i think he's sooo good as warhol :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopsfie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->