Matching Shoes and Handbags?

I typically coordinate the color in my shoe with my top/blouse, a scarf/wrap or bag....but it depends on the overall look, the size of the bag, the style of shoe etc. I wouldn't do a purple knee high boot with a purple bag (and not a huge purple bag) but I would do a purple strappy sandal. I was at a concert tonight in all black with a red pump and red bag. At the end of the day the overall look tells whether it can pulled of or not in my opinion....the fact alone that the shoe and bag are similar colors wouldn't be enough info for me to automatically say yea or nay. What kind of shoe, what size bag and what else are you wearing, are you really tall or short (at 6ft and 6'4+ in heels there is a lot of distance btwn my shoes and bags vs. someone who is 5'3) and a lot of other things would be factors.

I never match match my shoes with my bag. They only match most of the times because I use my black bag most of the times and I most of my shoes are black.

same here...
i sometimes match red and gold, but usually, i just want to match my bag with clothes, and then just pic the shoes i think that are okay.

I avoid it like the plague. I was wearing my brown bag w/ brown shoes the other day, I had to change bags, yea no.

I dont like to be "matchy matchy". It really depends on the outfit, but I do not match my shoes to my bag on purpose. I like to wear bags in colors that compliment the whole outfit, not just the shoes.

I rarely carry a bag (excluding my school bag), so my answer would be no. Even on the rare occasion when I do carry a bag, I do not match my shoes with it.

thanks everyone! :smile: i truly appreciate your replies. :flower: i shall relay the message to my friend. i'm a safer dresser - not too adventurous with colors (i.e. red shoes) but i do mix and match shades. that's why i wanted all of your opinions. :D

I'm young and a university student. Under these circumstances it's considered to be "cool" if your look is a lil' chaotic, with splashes of color here and there. So, no need to be all matchy matchy.

But, I tried to combine black and brown for ball (black suit, dark chocolate brown shirt, with brown belt and shoes) and it looked AWESOME! So, even if it's a general rule, such rules can be bent if you know how.

i don't match my shoes and bag but shades must not be totally different!

they should complement each other, but they should definitely not match in color! I try to match them to jewelry or scarves instead.

I dont like to match! it's just too boring.I make sure everything goes well together.Ex. I absolutely love valentino's red color dress with a pale pink pair of shoes and valentino red bag

I never match anything. I prefer wearing things that compliment one another, instead. But I think it's really important to wear combinations that you like. :flower:

I don't care about it as much as I used to, but maybe that is because I only use one bag atm :lol:
One thing I dislike is matching shoes/handbags when they are both red/green/yellow etc., don't mind it though when they are tan/brown/black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->