Max Azria S/S 2009 : Nastia Liukin

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
Olympic gold medalist Nastia Liukin is taking her gymnastic moves from the floor exercise into Max Azria’s spring campaign, which will debut online later this month. This is Liukin’s first fashion campaign and also represents the first time the brand has shot a well-known personality; model Tasha Tilberg appeared in the fall campaign. “For the Max Azria campaign, we wanted someone iconic — someone timeless. We met Nastia at our last runway show, and she was everything we were looking for,” said Lubov Azria, creative director of Max Azria. “The spring collection was inspired by movement and modern dance so she was perfect. It was meant to be, and the magic just sort of happened.” There are no plans to run the campaign in magazines, said a spokesman, who added the budget this season is flat compared with the fall campaign.

2mi588y.jpg

wwd / october 8, 2009

It's a wonderful image. It has an almost iconic feeling.

I just love that they made her look sooooo much taller than she really is!:lol:

this could be really beautiful, but to be honest the 1st shot is not that great to me, great pose, but I wish the clothes would be shown better, and Nastia's face would be visible (she is a pretty girl...)

looking forward to the rest of the shots

cool...I thought it was gonna be just another celebrity trying to look fierce...this is beyond fierce...

i thought the name sounded familiar! this is beautiful, such a magnificent pose and movement!

Nice!!! very interesting i'm sick with the same pose.

:ninja: i'm on the fence with that shot.

^ Neither am I :huh: the pose is a little too much for me I guess..

I really like it.Love that pose,it's really beautiful and movement of the dress and hair,but I would just like to see her face.

This is a nice surprise ^_^ I didn't know what to think when I read her name,the cynic in me expected her to be doing some typical model pose,nothing to do with gymnastics. It would be nice to see her face but this works just as well,shame it won't be in print cos I think it'd look pretty good

^ indeed. I'm just not sure if I like it or not yet...
Reminds me a little of Daria's poses in JPG campaign last season.

I love it! I'd like to see a model copy that pose. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->