Maybelline Signs Freja Beha Erichsen

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybelline Signs Freja Beha Erichsen

She's the brand's newest spokesperson.
The Danish model will front Maybelline's print and TV ads this coming fall/winter. Damien Bertrand, the beauty company's global brand president, describes Beha Erichsen as "an incredibly beautiful and confident woman" who "truly captures the catwalk-to-sidewalk spirit of Maybelline." Maybe she's born with it? That's an easy one.

nymag.com

Really? She doesn't have the kind of beauty one would normally expect in a beauty campaign. I'm curious to see what they'll do with her.

it's a bit late for that Maybelline...:rolleyes::lol:

I'm curious about the results, since Freja isn't really the name (or the face) I would associate with beauty advertising (like, I don't know, Emily Didonato), especially because she has all that effortless look, so it'll be at least interesting to see what they will do to her. Hope it won't be just that rock/punk kind of look.

ETA: Nevermind the excitment :lol:, some previews. The last picture is good, but overall it's too predictable (the reason I mentioned in the last sentence of the first paragraph).

|glamour.ru + peaceandnoise.tumblr via Bigmax|

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised they chose Freja. Does this mean Aline is also signed to Maybelline as well?
If both of them are signed Maybelline has quite a few models on their roster: Julia, Erin, Christy, Emily, Charlotte, Kemph, Jessica, Lisalla, Shu Pei. Could this mean that they are dropping some of their spoke models?
It'll be interesting to see how they shoot freja, will it be the predictable rocker chic look she's stereotyped to. I hope not.

OMG. Am I the only one that is super excited about this?
Yes, Freja isn't one of the models I would ever consider getting a beauty contract with a brand like Maybelline, but knowing how fantastic she photographs makes me very anxious for the final results. Fantastic job for Maybelline. There's no one like Freja on the roster of models they have so this is fantastic.

I'm surprised they chose Freja. Does this mean Aline is also signed to Maybelline as well?
If both of them are signed Maybelline has quite a few models on their roster: Julia, Erin, Christy, Emily, Charlotte, Kemph, Jessica, Lisalla, Shu Pei. Could this mean that they are dropping some of their spoke models?
It'll be interesting to see how they shoot freja, will it be the predictable rocker chic look she's stereotyped to. I hope not.

And that's quite a list, imo. :lol::heart:
To be honest, I hope Maybelline doesn't drop anyone, especially Erin and Shu Pei. I'm not the biggest fan of the other girls listed, but they all are doing a fantastic job with the brand.

There were rumors about her finally getting a beauty contract some months ago when Wayne Sterling posted something on Twitter about Freja and cosmetics brands and her making a huge comeback, so seeing that it's only Maybelline is a disappointment, to say the least. Being signed alongside the likes of Charlotte Free definitely takes away some exclusivity from this. However, I remember back when they signed Erin Wasson, they did a great job at transforming her from the edgy, heroin chic kind of hipster model into a stunning beauty model while still allowing her to promote her own image in a way, so I hope they'll be able to do the same with Freja. Right now I find most Maybelline ads and commercials so kitschy and terribly photoshopped, I don't really see how Freja fits in with that aesthetic. And I hope the pictures in post #5 are just some sort of previews because she looks terrible in those. Hopefully her commercials will debut and be on repeat during the Maybelline sponsored NYFW live coverage on YouTube, though!

I don't think she is a good choice for a cosmetic brand, while being very pretty she can only pull off minimal, neutral look and the pictures in the post above prove this point.
Although we finally have explanation why she has slowed down with work this year.

those shots are horrible - im sorry , i love freja but this looks really amateur ;/

freja?¡ Ok. this makes me thinking everything is possible in this life:ninja: She must have an excellent agent....
anyways, she looks unconfortable and unappealing in those pics...seriously, idk. if she is the right choice to sell well a beauty product:/

I don't see how everyone is so surprised. Freja is beautiful and has a great skin, so why not.

I hope they drop Lisalla and Kemph.

Are those really the shots? She looks like a very bad Victoria Beckham impersonator with Bon Jovi hair - or one of Suzi Quatro's backing singers. I don't mind the look in general, but it won't sell me lipstick.

Excellent move from Maybelline. Freja's not only suitable but also one of the few models that has a unique type of beauty (not cleared eyed, messy hair, doesn't emit a bubbly personality) that is very 'now' and youthful. I find the symmetry of her face just beautiful so I'm excited to see how they'll be playing with it.. and it's about time!, I've been seeing Freja landing fantastic campaigns (TSE S/S 05 anyone?) for an eternity.. it's positive to see a model that's been that consistent and professional (aka. hardly any gimmicks in her career) finally reaching the 'stability' a beauty contract provides.

She totally looks like she belongs in the '80s in those ads. The bad hair, cheesy makeup, and awful styling are straight up '80s.

I'm skeptical about the red eyeshadow shot being really a preview.. I have never seen Maybelline trying to encourage artistic makeup, it's an ultra commercial brand. The hair's also so un-Maybelline from what I can see.

The second/third full body shot is also rare for a beauty ad.

They're probably testing.. if they're even truly Maybelline-produced shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->