MDC (Models.com) Rankings

lol.... love the comments. Models.com recently had a bit of a shuffle up.. here are the changes:Maria Carla Boscono - Moved up - #8Jessica Stam - Moved up - #13Sasha P - Moved up - #16Freja Beha - Moved up - #18Louise P - Moved down - #19Caroline Winberg - Moved down - #20Anne V - Moved down - #25Vlada - Moved up - #40Hilary R - Moved up - #42Julia Dunstall - moved up - #44Alyssa - moved down - #47Eloise - Moved down - #48Querelle - moved down - #50Any thoughts? personally I think they've made it a little more accurate... but still its waay off.I think Anja R should definitely be higher than #40, and Inguna a bit higher too, Marta should be lower..Snejana is looking ok in the top 20, along with Valentina and i'm glad they moved Doutzen to #23, shes been working really well

irresistable_loz said:
lol.... love the comments. Models.com recently had a bit of a shuffle up.. here are the changes:Maria Carla Boscono - Moved up - #8Jessica Stam - Moved up - #13Sasha P - Moved up - #16Freja Beha - Moved up - #18Louise P - Moved down - #19Caroline Winberg - Moved down - #20Anne V - Moved down - #25Vlada - Moved up - #40Hilary R - Moved up - #42Julia Dunstall - moved up - #44Alyssa - moved down - #47Eloise - Moved down - #48Querelle - moved down - #50Any thoughts? personally I think they've made it a little more accurate... but still its waay off.I think Anja R should definitely be higher than #40, and Inguna a bit higher too, Marta should be lower..Snejana is looking ok in the top 20, along with Valentina and i'm glad they moved Doutzen to #23, shes been working really well
Why are Isabeli and Julia #3? I don't get that. Shouldn't Hana be above them? Also Natasha Poly and Missy Rayder should be bumped won. And Guinevere #15, above Snejana and Solange? Lydia Hearst at #27? She shouldn't be on the list at all.

Hana should be ahead of Julia, and Cintia should be on the list somewhere, even if it is in the lower numbers.

The most glaring things:

Anja - what in the world is she doing down at #40. They're nuts. She's had Ralph Lauren, Armani, Versace and Ungaro - at least those, constant Bazaar only girl eds. Weird! The only thing I can think of is that she doesn't have the approved by Vogue stamp - which shouldn't put her that far down the list anyway. The idea of her being further down the list than Nataliya is ludicrous. Anja should be top 10.

Snejana - should clearly be in top 20.

Tiuu - gosh, she hasn't done much the last year, has she? She has cover girl, but so does ANTM models. What is she doing at #14 for heaven's sake? Compare this to Anja, or even Michelle Buswell. Just weird.

Hannelore - what's she doing at #12. Please.

Natasha Poly - the list is so slow moving - Natasha should possibly be in the top 20, but #9, no.

Diana Dondoe - this position #8 of hers was quite accurate this time last year. Now it's not.

Elise is not #7 any more. Love her, but she's not up there anymore.

Eugenia, top 10, but not #4.

Isabeli, top 20, not #3.

Julia, top 10, but not #3

I wonder if Lydia Hearst's rich parents have paid to keep her so high on the list. I can't fathom why else she would be there.

Dear me, with the amount of models on the list now (Many "tied"), it's more like Top 100 rather than Top 50 now :lol: :lol:

Has Cintia ever been in top 50?

Its a good thing recently.. some girls have been dropping.. Missy Raydar, Elise, Diana, I love them and everything, but its nice to see the ranking are displaying the recent girls and their true presence on the runway/editorial/campaign scene.. ie Sasha, Snejana, Caroline and Lily D.

Cintia has been in top 50, but not in the past two seasons.

Vlada still needs to be higher, as does Mona. Isabeli, I'm betting, isn't anywhere near #3 now. I wonder if Gemma is above Daria at this moment, even...

iluvjeisa said:
The most glaring things:

Anja - what in the world is she doing down at #40. They're nuts. She's had Ralph Lauren, Armani, Versace and Ungaro - at least those, constant Bazaar only girl eds. Weird! The only thing I can think of is that she doesn't have the approved by Vogue stamp - which shouldn't put her that far down the list anyway. The idea of her being further down the list than Nataliya is ludicrous. Anja should be top 10.

Snejana - should clearly be in top 20.

Tiuu - gosh, she hasn't done much the last year, has she? She has cover girl, but so does ANTM models. What is she doing at #14 for heaven's sake? Compare this to Anja, or even Michelle Buswell. Just weird.

Hannelore - what's she doing at #12. Please.

Natasha Poly - the list is so slow moving - Natasha should possibly be in the top 20, but #9, no.

Diana Dondoe - this position #8 of hers was quite accurate this time last year. Now it's not.

Elise is not #7 any more. Love her, but she's not up there anymore.

Eugenia, top 10, but not #4.

Isabeli, top 20, not #3.

Julia, top 10, but not #3

then i'm wondering what girls will be on your top 5 list when julia,isabeli and eugenia are not there.

Models.com Top 50 - very wrong!

I really love this site but I think some of the rankings are just ludicrous! These are the Top 10:

1. Gemma Ward - yes, okay she sort of deserves it, considering she was the 'it girl' of fashion for a very long time

2. Malgosia Bela - shes a good model and all but shes not that popular and she hasn't been in that many campaigns, right? She doesn't deserve this spot

3. (shared) - Doutzen Kroes
- Julia Stegner
IN reference to Doutzen: can someone please tell me what the hell she is doing on this list:angry: ; she has been in like 5 campaigns in her entire modelling career, she is a diva, shes not even that popular and she has weird fish lips:lol:

4. Mariacarla - I think she is popular, beautiful, versatile (ever-changing hair colors) and shes a muse to Stefano Pilati and Ricardo Tisci, so she really is a top model

5. (shared) - Sasha Pivovarova (she is a top model, no question about it lol)
- Iselin Steiro (she WAS a top model, but she hasn't done any shows recently and she had a very short-lived career, so maybe she doesn't deserve this spot - care to disagree with me though lol)

6. (shared) - Freja Beha (she is a top model imo)
- Isabeli (not really getting why she is in the position)

7. (shared) - Caroline Trentini
- Jessica Stam

8. (shared) - Irina Lazareanu
- Lily Donaldson

9. (shared) - Snejana Onopka
- Anja Rubik

10. Missy Rader

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think Trentini and STam deserve their position though. And Gemma is certainly the top of the modelling game at the moment.

However, I agree that model.com is very inaccurate

Some of the models later down the rankings, also puzzle me. I mean Tiuu Kiuk is at no. 14! The girl has literally disappeared from the modelling world! She has done a minimal amount of shows the last 3 seasons (if not none) and she hasn't booked any campaigns or editorials!

She is ahead of girls (ranking-wise) like Elise Crombez, Diana Dondoe and Marina Peres who definitely deserve to be ahead of her!

kuba01 said:
2. Malgosia Bela - shes a good model and all but shes not that popular and she hasn't been in that many campaigns, right? She doesn't deserve this spot
Malgosia was one of the campaign queens this season: Chloé, Donna Karan, Lanvin, Jil Sander Fragrance, Marc by Marc Jacobs, H&M, Cole Haan... I definitely don't think she should be as high as 2nd, but it was a very strong comeback.

But yeah, MDC doesn't exactly provide the most accurate or, errrm, most objective ranking. :rolleyes:

Ahh, so is Daria now on the "icons" list?

As for Doutzen, she was everywhere like 2 seasons ago. She still has CK, which is very big and L'Oreal.

Saracita said:
Malgosia was one of the campaign queens this season: Chloé, Donna Karan, Lanvin, Jil Sander Fragrance, Marc by Marc Jacobs, H&M, Cole Haan... I definitely don't think she should be as high as 2nd, but it was a very strong comeback.

But yeah, MDC doesn't exactly provide the most accurate or, errrm, most objective ranking. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info:flower: . I also think she shouldn't have been as high as 2nd!

oxymoron said:
Ahh, so is Daria now on the "icons" list?

Negative. But Daria's not bankable though. If Chanel drops her and no one takes her up with them, she's over. :(

Caroline should be on # 2

Malgosia's return was considered a rather huge comeback, but I don't think anyone expected her to pop out at #2...

MDC has its own reasons for ranking the girls how they are right now, I'm sure, but if it were up to me...

1. Gemma Ward
2. Sasha Pivovarova
3. Iselin Steiro
4. Raquel Zimmermann
5. Anja Rubik
6. Snejana Onopka
7. Jessica Stam
8. Caroline Trentini
9. Coco Rocha
10. Freja Beha

I have my own variety of reasons and biases implemented into this list, too, of course :lol:

kevinnn said:
Missy Rayder needs to peace out.
Oh, yes. Preferably yesterday. :ninja:

I also think Tiiu should go, much as I love her. And girls like Hana, Valentina, Lisa Cant, Isabeli (why is she 6th again?) should move down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->