MDC (Models.com) Rankings

Sara is very longevous in the industry.
I'm surprised by this choice.

Rianne Van Rompaey isn't she a new super when Paloma and Precious as a Super's ?
If Imaan, Vittoria and Anok are "supermodels", then Rianne should be too.
No doubt about this.
A main newspaper here in Italy define her few months ago "the most important model in the world".

But among the factors they mention "significant social media following".
Imaan, Vittoria and Anok are all around the million.
Rianne is only 200k.

Paloma and Lee are more exposed in the american mass market.

Added to Hot List:

Alay Deng
Apolline Rocco Fohrer
Dana Smith
Diane Chiu
Luoyi

Added to Top 50:

América González
Devyn Garcia
Grace Valentine
Jan Baiboon

I don’t think Mariacarla is a legend, few people outside fashion know her. It’s different when you talk about Gisele, Naomi and Linda, their names are like brands.

Pretty sure your average person has no idea who she is or would even be able to recognize what work she's done.

I think you didn’t understood my point. Of course I know who is Mariacarla and what she represents to the fashion world, she is industry icon for more than 20 years but for me not at the same level of Gisele, Naomi, Linda…

I don’t think Mariacarla is a legend, few people outside fashion know her. It’s different when you talk about Gisele, Naomi and Linda, their names are like brands.

Nobody knows Linda outside of fashion either :grinningsquinting:. To be 100% accurate, the only models from that list the average person not interested in fashion could maybe know (and the current reasons why for each) are: Gisele because of Tom Brady and maybe because of her movie cameos, Naomi for her Epstein news and maybe for her TV shows appearances, Kate because of the Johnny trial, Heidi for Project Runway (and this applies only for some millennials), Tyra because of ANTM and memes :tearsofjoy:, and maybe Carla only if you are french and interested in politics. That's it, literally no one else there has any type of real relevance outside fashion for the average person these days.

Oh... and maybe (just maybe) some boomers might remember something about Cindy, Christy, Helena and Claudia if someone mentions one of her non fashion commercials or music videos back in the 90s, but for the new generations of fashion ignorants, they are complete unknown.

The real "cultural impact" for any name on that list in mainstream media is barely existent anyway. :clown:

Also, Mariacarla Boscono has been working since 1997, and is still in demand. She is beyond Icon status, has any other model from her time been as consistent as her? She is a known supermodel to the one of the biggest fashion capitals of the world, her recognition there is similar to Liu Wen's in China. Her fashion career is truly legendary with 0 signs of stopping.

Posted Oct 8, 2020.

Well deserved and congratulations to the Legend, Mariacarla Boscono. Always in demand, we're now in 2023 and her career still has 0 signs of stopping. A career that is extremely rare in fashion, truly phenomenal.

Also, congratulations to the incomparable Icon and New Super, Imaan Hammam. Sublime in every area of fashion with an ever flourishing career.

I've been wondering... If Mariacarla can go to Legends in MDC. Why not Raquel Zimmermann? Which has been growing since the end of the 90s, has more campaigns and covers than Mariacarla, was #1 in the MDC Ranking for years, the only thing is that nowdays Mariacarla is more present at shows than Raquel, on the other hand Raquel has a continues to work for major brands/magazines!

I've been wondering... If Mariacarla can go to Legends in MDC. Why not Raquel Zimmermann? Which has been growing since the end of the 90s, has more campaigns and covers than Mariacarla, was #1 in the MDC Ranking for years, the only thing is that nowdays Mariacarla is more present at shows than Raquel, on the other hand Raquel has a continues to work for major brands/magazines!
raquel does not the party girl game, the social, the lobby... she is my fav model 2000 era, but she is very "into myself" type...

Added to the industry icons:The Establishment

Ai Tominaga,Daria Werbowy,Emma Balfour,Farida Khelfa,Natasa Vojnavic,Oluchi Onweagba,Paolo Roldam

Added to the industry icons:Next Generation

Candice Swanepoel,Issa Lish,Malika Bodian,Xu Meen

So Oluchi was already an Icon once without doing nothing in the past 10 years, now she gets The Perfect Magazine cover and suddenly she's an icon again.

These lists mean nothing, not sure where the logic is but you can’t be anointed as iconic and then have it taken away.

Does anyone or any website or any posts here have a list of all the models who reached #1 on models.com (when they used to classify them in order)?

Does anyone or any website or any posts here have a list of all the models who reached #1 on models.com (when they used to classify them in order)?
1998: Angela Lindvall
1999/2001: Gisele Bündchen
2001/2002: Angela Lindvall
2003/2004: Karolina Kurkova
2004/2005: Liya Kebede
2005/2006: Daria Werbowy
2006/2007: Gemma Ward
2007/2010: Raquel Zimmermann
2010/2012: Lara Stone
2012/2014: Joan Smalls
2014: Edie Campbell
2015: Anna Ewers
2016: Bella Hadid
2017: Adwoa Aboah
2018/2019: Adut Akech
2020: Paloma Elsesser
2021: Kristen McMenamy
2022: Bella Hadid

PS: Angela was the first model to be #1 and Gisele soon took the place for her, but she returned to #1 after Gisele joined the list of Icons, until 2014 the ranking had a methodology to update by seasons, then it started to be annual.

1998: Angela Lindvall
1999/2001: Gisele Bündchen
2001/2002: Angela Lindvall
2003/2004: Karolina Kurkova
2004/2005: Liya Kebede
2005/2006: Daria Werbowy
2006/2007: Gemma Ward
2007/2010: Raquel Zimmermann
2010/2012: Lara Stone
2012/2014: Joan Smalls
2014: Edie Campbell
2015: Anna Ewers
2016: Bella Hadid
2017: Adwoa Aboah
2018/2019: Adut Akech
2020: Paloma Elsesser
2021: Kristen McMenamy
2022: Bella Hadid

PS: Angela was the first model to be #1 and Gisele soon took the place for her, but she returned to #1 after Gisele joined the list of Icons, until 2014 the ranking had a methodology to update by seasons, then it started to be annual.
omg thank you!!

also, I’d thought Eugenia Volodina had been placed #1 for a while, but no! and I definitely remember Raquel there for the longest.

thank you dear :smile:

omg thank you!!

also, I’d thought Eugenia Volodina had been placed #1 for a while, but no! and I definitely remember Raquel there for the longest.

thank you dear :smile:
No Russian model has ever been #1, Raquel prevented Natasha and Sasha, their peak was #2, I think Natalia was too... And about the site, you can see the archive here!

No Russian model has ever been #1, Raquel prevented Natasha and Sasha, their peak was #2, I think Natalia was too... And about the site, you can see the archive here!

again, thank you SO much! Im gonna have a fun time looking and these pages! ♥️

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->