Melissa Stasiuk

faar_model_melissa_stasiuk_01_h.jpg

wmagazine.com

Melissa Stasiuk in Paris.
Model Moment
Argentine beauty Melissa Stasiuk's beguiling style.

By Karin Nelson
Photograph by Dominic Rawle
June 2012

Argentine stunner Melissa Stasiuk, 21, didn’t even have to say hello when she came to our office for a casting. She had us with her outfit: a cool borrowed-from-the-boys ensemble complete with suspenders and a bow tie. With her creamy skin and shaggy rock ’n’ roll ‘do, she looked like a South American Gia Carangi—and we weren’t the only ones captivated. The androgynous beauty, who was discovered at her high school in her hometown of Misiones, opened Proenza Schouler’s fall 2012 show and inspired her fellow catwalkers’ simple, clean makeup and languid, devil-may-care locks. We caught up with her in Paris, where she walked at—among other shows—Chanel, Louis *Vuitton, and Nina Ricci.

The look: “I feel most comfortable in men’s wear—bow ties, trousers, a big shirt. My goal when getting dressed isn’t to be sexy.” Can’t do without: “A vintage leather jacket and a tuxedo I bought from a men’s store in *Palermo, a wonderful shopping area in Buenos *Aires.” Favorite designers: “Proenza Schouler, Isabel Marant, Nicolas Ghesquière, and Karl Lagerfeld, who’s a genius!” Listening to: “Nicolas Jaar, Cat Power, Daft Punk, Gorillaz, and Radiohead.” Fall wish list: “Every piece from the Proenza collection.”
http://www.wmagazine.com/fashion/2012/06/melissa-stasiuk-argentine-model

^ she is :smile:

I really think she'll go far, her looks, her free spirit, attitude, style, her resemblance to Gia...she just oozes coolness and there is already important fashion players that like her look. She's just starting but I can imagine a really nice career, hopefully.

i-D SUMMER 2012
"Non-Olympic Sports: The Athletes"

Photography: Norbert Scherner
Styling: Charlotte Stockdale

i-donline.com

^ she is :smile:

I really think she'll go far, her looks, her free spirit, attitude, style, her resemblance to Gia...she just oozes coolness and there is already important fashion players that like her look. She's just starting but I can imagine a really nice career, hopefully.

Surely she will. Such a passionate cutie with adaptability for both feminine n masculine looks

translation anyone?

Sorry if you can not understand something. My english is basic. A short summary. The interview took place when Melissa posed for the campaign of Melocotón.

- She has a difficulty to memorize and learn the names of the geniuses of fashion. He asks the makeup artist and stylist to help her with the names. "You have to help me because there are many names in fashion that I do not know."

- Her first trip to Europe as a model: First came to London to make the photo production for Love magazine with Mario Testino. "When I first saw it, he asked if I knew anything of his work and I said, 'Honestly ... no '. I was not going to lie! I saw that the cast were all very nervous about it, and did not understand much the wave. I, however, treated him as an equal ...That's me! And no idea of all, that had helped me talk to him like a close friend. Then, after the photos, I said, 'Mario, you're a genius ...' In two seconds it takes you amazing photos. "

- During that same trip, in the days when she was in Paris, had another meeting to remember. "That's when I met Karl Lag ... (stops and signals for help to end the name of the designer) Lagerfeld ... The fashion show was a Tuesday and I went to audition on Monday. When I arrive, I see they of a bunch of girls and suddenly I feel and they start to do the same to me (make-up, hair, photos...) . When I realized he came to greet me and asked me to look at my book. Then my booker told me he would do the Chanel fashion show. " The girl who claims not to know anything about fashion, lived three days of glory next to the kaiser: walk for the the pre-fall collection of Chanel and was photographed by Mr. Lagerfeld for the same collection of the brand. "He's very cool, warm and friendly personality."

- In a tattoo on the inside of the left arm reads "live, create, receive (vive, cree, recibe)" and the middle finger of the right hand is one that expresses an unequivocal and resounding "fu**". She identifies with these tattoos the left side of her body as "good" and the right side as "bad". Or, "the side of the heart" and "right side" respectively. "It as a crazy mine. For me the ideal is to work with the heart and head. "I will not say I always succeed because it would be a kind of perfection, but I try. Also, do not know why I always hurt the side of reason. I try to strike a balance between good and bad, my strengths and weaknesses. And if you ask me what is good about myself, the first thing I will say is 'that is me'. So as you see me now I'll see everywhere. And the bad thing is that I am also very structured in some things, and that sometimes causes problems. "

- She is a fan of longboard and the photography, are the priority activities during her free time. "My days are not just work, work, work... I never leave my great therapy that is the longboard, with my friends at the El Rosedal. Also use it to go from casting to casting and to move to Buenos Aires. It is a pleasure, is the best thing that can happen. Also love photography ... I'm walking down the street and everything looks a photo. "

- She has lived for two years in Buenos Aires in an apartment in Palermo, kept very tidy the place, "for my obsession with order and cleanliness."

- She born in Jardin America, Misiones. She misses her kitten "Blanqui" and barbeques on sundays as a family. Still confesses that she not is a very attached to the affections, and clarifies that no lives clinging to a strict plan on carrying out her profession.

- "One day, the bookers of the agency found me out from school, and they called my mom (she studied at the private school Roque Gonzales Institute, and left school before completing the fifth year). They insisted, insisted, but I did not want be a model. But my mom started to say to take it as a game, and then I liked the idea of ​​coming to live here and work for this. I think in the now, do not think about future. Now I have fun with people I work mainly in the backstage of the fashion shows which make friendships. The 'before' to do the job is what I like. After also enjoyed a fashion show and the photos, but mostly I enjoy what's about that. "

- "For me there is a big difference between modeling and work of model. In that sense, I am not a model, but I work of model. I'm not a person who cares as the typical model. It's all genetics. And if I do not believe... question to my mother and my father "(laughs).
Meanwhile, grows and, as I said her mother, plays a model, and already in the big leagues.

why she don't learn english ? by the way she looks great ! :smile:

I am sure she is working on her english but clearly the interview was conducted in her native language... why don't you learn spanish?

DMAG AUGUST 2011
Ni tan vírgenes ni tan suicidas

Photography and Art Direction: Tom Ghiorzo
Art and Styling: Ornella Bonamico
Hair: Alejandro Reyes with Alfaparf Milano's products
Make-Up: Damian Vieira for Sebastian Correa with Helena Rubinstein's products

dmagazine.com.ar

LOUIS VUITTON FALL/WINTER 2012 BACKSTAGE

Magda Laguinge | Facebook

A CASTING WITH INEZ AND VINOODH IN NEW YORK. 100 WOMEN PHOTOGRAPHED IN BLK DNM WOMEN’S TUX JACKET 11. PORTRAITS EXCLUSIVELY FOR BLKDNMCLOSEUP.COM. 4 OUT OF 40 POSTED EVERY DAY.

MELISSA (NEXT) IN TUX JACKET 11

WOMEN’S TUX JACKET 11: FULLY TAILORED, DROPPED SHOULDER BLAZER WITH OVER-SIZED, MASCULINE CUT AND SATIN-DETAILED LAPEL.

blkdnmcloseup

There's an interview in zarpado, this is in Spanish but I'll do my best to translate properly, my English isn't so good but at least I can speak it having the same basic education that her.

Nickname or artistic name?: Usually they call me 'Meli'
Where and when were you born?: I was born in Posadas, Misiones on March 14
What profession you write on your documents when you travel?: Model and I clarify I come to know clients.
How would you define your work?: Full of surprises.
What has been your best show?: I can't choose one because they're all different and everyone has its personal charm
What is your biggest regret?: Actually, I don't regret anything. You can learn from everything. Everything has a reason, nothing is by chance.
Any recurring nightmare?: I don't hear my alarm clock and I fall asleep and then I'm hurried because I'm late.

The people would be surprised to know that Meli wakes up at 6 everyday and one of the activities that she does is meditating.

zarpado

^Thx for translation, Perickles. I really like this interview coz she's such a smart and mature girl. I wonder if the early riser does some Yoga while meditating.:wink:

Love this girl. She looks gorgeous in the shots in #214, they have a very 60's Ali McGraw vibe to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyboutique
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->