Menswear Fashion Week Fall Winter 2012 Milan & Paris Schedules

Excited about Fendi, and the usual ones Jil Sander, Prada, Dolce...

Anyway would to see Marni doing a mens runway show. It's one of my fav brands for men's clothing and i'm tired of having to see this sort of lookbooks :(

Fashion Week in my boring vacation, gotta love it. ^_^

Milan is the most important city, the place par excellence for anyone who wants to do business in the fashion sector. This is where we’ve chosen to do a menswear catwalk show – I’ve always had menswear in my DNA and I’ve felt stronger and stronger in it.”

This is how Renzo Rosso, interviewed by Vogue.it, told us about the debut of Diesel Gold Black, previously the prerogative of the Big Apple, on the Milan scene. The men’s collection, which is separating from the womenswear from autumn-winter 2012-13, will appear on the catwalk at Men’s Fashion Week.

"We’re all very excited about the show: it’ll be immediately after Armani’s, so I hope it’ll be a great success." The womenswear collection, for now, will stay in New York. "It’s the contemporary fashion week par excellence," says Rosso.

As for the men’s collection: "It’s my wardrobe. They’re clothes that represent a sophisticated client, but they can be worn on different occasions or at different times of the day. The denim is elegant, meticulous and completely un-flashy: Diesel Black Gold expresses an obsession with sophistication that we have developed in recent years." February will see the opening of a temporary store in New York to coincide with the fashion week.
vogue.it

If you’re a man or woman of the world, you’ve probably heard of Milan Vukmirovic. And if you haven’t… that will all change soon, because this man is on a mission. The stylish Frenchman co-founded Parisian boutique Colette at the age of 26. Since then, he’s worked as a fashion photographer, designer, creative director, and editor for major fashion houses, ad campaigns, and French magazines. And while we don’t like to name drop, we really can’t help it in this instance. Jil Sander, Trussardi 1911, Gucci, Jardin des Modes, and L’Officiel Hommes are just a few of the major labels/mags that have been touched by Vukmirovic’s expertise and fashion know-how.

That said, Miamians know him best as the creative director and founding partner of luxury Miami Beach clothing boutique The Webster. But in a few weeks, he’ll be wearing a different hat. The famous multitasker has teamed up with ‘80s Americana-style sportswear brand Chevignon to create the Chevignon Heritage by Milan Vukmirovic capsule line, which will debut at men’s fashion trade show, Pitti Uomo, in Florence next week. Four men’s looks and four women’s looks make up the collection. And we’ve heard it includes a cashmere peacoat, a camouflage-print shearling aviator jacket (um, amazing!), a gray cashmere turtleneck, and unisex accessories.

We’ll keep our fingers crossed in the hopes of being able to see the line in our hometown, in the very near future. If so, we’ll consider this man’s mission accomplished.
refinery29.com

:shock:....

Updated Friday January 13, 4.10pm: Adrien Brody is the first Oscar-winning actor confirmed to walk in Prada's autumn/winter 2012-13 menswear show, which takes place on Sunday. Other high-profile names are also expected to hit the label's catwalk - stay tuned for more news as it happens.
Brody is most famous for his role in moving film The Pianist - for which, at 29, he won a Best Actor Oscar - the youngest actor to do so. He also appeared in Woody Allen's Midnight In Paris, alongside Carla Bruni and Marion Cotillard.
vogue.co.uk

Why? What is Prada up to? I don't wanna judge before seeing the show, but I'm sick of Prada's obsession with actors.
Posted via Mobile Device

At the risk of adding fuel to the Prada fire, rather large group of actors including Jamie Bell and Emile Hirsch are in Milan. Perhaps they're there just to go to shows, but you know, Prada apparently aren't stopping at Adrien Brody so who knows.

Can't wait for Galliano!!! Hoping and praying for a little bit of magic!!

I don't know why they're saying it's gonna be their first menswear collection :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Maybe that's because they have new designers.

Can't wait for Dior Homme and YSL. Some preview pics

dior-homme-cover.JPG

Dior Homme

ysl.jpg

YSL

Source: WWD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs