Metal

Blodeuwedd

Reaction score
My favorite genre, one that tends to be wide in spectrum and very encompassing of a lot of differences and influences.

I usually tend to go for the more of the "extreme" versions of it, and i might be the only one, but post your favorite bands! :D

I know we have a Dream Theatre fan. Also, please be aware that some band names are a bit... um, dark. :flower:

Personally, I like Black Metal, some Death Metal, Doom and a little of Thrash here and there. [Oathea, Negura Bunget, Suffocation, Intestine Baalism, Agalloch, Novembre, etc]

What are you favorite bands? Your favorite shows? Iron Maiden is playing soon in California, I've been considering to go see them, except the venue isn't the best.:ninja:

I went to see Iron Maiden as a kid. my mom is a huge fan, she really loves metal. or loved. i dont know anymore. I dont remember much about the show, only that i was hiding under a seat because the music was too loud. -_-
from all of my mom's records, the only musician i sort of enjoyed was Yngwie Malmsteen, he's a fantastic guitar player.. too good to be ignored. :heart:

20050904220424.jpg

[hatena.jp]

from modern versions of metal...i like Deftones, but i'm not sure if they're considered metal these days. they seem to have channelled their sound into something else. something more quiet. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
:clap: I knew there had to be a metal thread somewhere

I'm a huge metal fan, love Dio, Black Sabbath, Edguy, Nightwish, and many others.

Yngwie Malmsteen is incredible. my dad's a guitar player, so I was kinda raised on this stuff.

What are you favorite bands? Your favorite shows? Iron Maiden is playing soon in California, I've been considering to go see them, except the venue isn't the best.:ninja:
Dream Theater, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Guns N' Roses, Incubus, Ozzy Osbourne are some of my favourites..

Metal listeners in here? What is your favourite group?

Just wondering if anyone in here also listens to Metal, extreme or not? What kinds and which groups?

I listen to Viking, Black, Death, 80s/Power, and Thrash metal when I am sewing usually. :mohawk:

Well,what to say about this^_^

I listen to metal for 5 years from now.
I started with heavy(Of course Iron Maiden where kings for me at that time,and I still love them)then black,death,viking,power, and now the ganre that I most love is mix of symphonic power and gothic,but I like industrial metal too.

My favorite band Therion.Their music is perfection for me:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so happy to see this thread!

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Suffocation, Bathory, and High on Fire (these guys are more stoner rock than metal, but the singer does sound a lot like Lemmy).

Pantera, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Queensryche, Metallica, Audioslave, Motley Crue, Whitesnake and more

I am so glad to find this thread. :clap: Although my taste in music has tamed down (my roommate hates it when I blast on Disturbed and Slayer,) metal has remained my favorite genre since middle school! I don't pay attention to the music nowadays, so I have to ask if there're any new (or revived) bands you recommend? I am up for anything from Alice in Chains to late Garbage to Opeth. ^_^

I am so glad to find this thread. :clap: Although my taste in music has tamed down (my roommate hates it when I blast on Disturbed and Slayer,) metal has remained my favorite genre since middle school! I don't pay attention to the music nowadays, so I have to ask if there're any new (or revived) bands you recommend? I am up for anything from Alice in Chains to late Garbage to Opeth. ^_^

My boyfriend LOVES Opeth. He just got their logo tattooed on his back, hehe.

As for new bands? You should definitely check out High on Fire. I probably tell that to everyone who says they like metal.

Well,I'm listening to metal since I'm a kid,cuz my uncle used to listen to Iron Maiden and that sort of music,I'm now 15,wow I feel super young here! and I'm passing the"metal" tradition to my brother.
I love Metallica-Iron Maiden-Nightwish-Bullet For My Valentine(not metal isnt it)-Disturbed-Within Temptation-Children Of Bodom-Delain-DragonForce-Lacuna Coil-Ozzy Osbourne-Pantera-Sonata Artica-Dream Theather-Buckethead-Black Sabbath...

Awww,DragonForce:heart:I know how I was opssesed with them when they started playing,and ZP Theart:crush:I was so in loveee with him!!!:heart:I used to watch their concert over and over again:lol:

^yep! they are soo awesome! :bounce: I LOVE the Operation Ground And Pound intro but my fav song is Fury Of The Storm!

I listen to allll types of music, but my fave's def. metal.
I like pretty much any kind of metal except black/death metal. Melo-death's as heavy as I get.
I'm into Pantera, Slipknot, Trivium, Scar Symmetry, Iron Maiden, Black Tide, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, Killswitch Engage, Opeth, Bullet for my Valentine, Five Finger Death Punch..good heavens..I could list bands allll day.

o S A T Y R I C O N

o D O R N E N R E I C H

o F I N N T R O L L

o T U R I S A S

o T Y R

o E Q U I L I B R I U M

o B E L P H E G O R

o A L E S T O R M

o S O A D

o I N F L A M E S

o R A M M S T E I N

o M A R D U K

o E L U V E I T I E

o K O R P I K L A A N I

I had the chance to see all of them live and Satyricon and Dornenreich were by far the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauttttttt555
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->