Michael Kors Collection F/W 2020.21 : Rebecca, Mayowa, Annibelis & Sora

Probably because they're both just backstage shots from the show - the close-up is on Vogue Runway in the ''Beauty'' section of this collection.
It's nothing special, but under the circumstances it could've been worse.

Is this company making money still?

It's Michael Kors, not Marc Jacobs, lol. Even if RTW don't sell they'll still have those really ugly handbags to fall back on as well as a sub line and perfume (which he oddly enough does not focus on enough).
I don't know where people buy Kors in the. greater UK because to my knowledge they only have a concept store in London, yet I see that monogram dangling from handbags everywhere.

I don't know where people buy Kors in the. greater UK because to my knowledge they only have a concept store in London, yet I see that monogram dangling from handbags everywhere.

Outlets. They have a wide net of stores in outlet villages where they sell products designed specifically for them. People think they're buying discounted goods from the main collection(s).

Outlets. They have a wide net of stores in outlet villages where they sell products designed specifically for them. People think they're buying discounted goods from the main collection(s).

Thanks, makes so much sense! I'm more baffled that people think it's an aspirational brand, lol. I'd understand if those 'jet-setting 1%' Testino ads were still running, but they're not and yet the bags are still selling.

But do people even buy the runway collection?
I've been to his NYC store and I saw the runway stuff but I realized the magic of his work was in the styling because just a simple piece felt too plain for the price point. He must have a very niche clientele for his runway stuff...And I sometimes comes across his stuff on The Outnet...

ikr? ... they're presence in the market these days is as irrelevant as the creative team involved in this campaign. Backstage campaigns that look like any vogue.com file, are always a lazy joke.

Thanks, makes so much sense! I'm more baffled that people think it's an aspirational brand, lol. I'd understand if those 'jet-setting 1%' Testino ads were still running, but they're not and yet the bags are still selling.

What offends me about Kors is that the quality isn't there. I can see how the price point of the bags appeals to people who think they're buying 'designer' - but I've never seen one in the street that wasn't badly scuffed and worn, with the piping coming apart (seems to be a real weak point). You'd get better wear from a designer-inspired River Island bag for a fifth of the price.

I remember seeing a Michael Kors corner in Selfridges years ago and in all fairness it did look very fancy, very elegant and ladylike. I always assumed that besides those atrocious handbags that have given him millions in profit, that it’s the American woman (mostly) that wears Michael Kors Collection.
also, it’s very usual to see Michael Kors on the red carpet even though the last time I saw MK in a cover magazine was for British Vogue but I’m sure Anna uses him for her covers too, no?

the campaign isn’t great... those boots on Rebecca are disgusting, Mayowa and Annbelis look lovely though but this last picture of Bella is terrible.

to think that ‘he’ (Capri Holdings) bought Versace with the profit of those handbags...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->