Michael Kors Collection S/S 2025 New York

That's what you get when you mix the worst of Maria Grazia with the worst of Prada and sprinkle it with some Blazy leather experimentations, to pretend you know what you are doing.
He clearly does NOT, he cannot.
But the worst crime is the abysmal tailoring, I recoil in horror at the crotch on look 2, at the caban on Carolyn, same for the blazer on Yasmin (?).
The 3 gigantics turds on the runway sum up the show and the designer.

imagine you’re Miuccia, Marc and Maria Grazia watching this show? WTF?!!

cast was good as always: Carolyn, Iselin… what a treat.

I like one or two looks: the dress on Jessica Miller, Liisa Winkler’s tailored outfit and maybe Iselin’s nice too. I guess an elevated cast makes it work (and the cast here is a treat, many seasoned models).

They could’ve got rid of that amount of Prada-isms and deliver the traditional American jet-set.

Michael Kors is always a New York Fashion Week highlight for me, so I always feel conflicted when I'm about to bash a Kors show. The collection, as a whole, felt a little... heavy (in terms of colour palette) for spring/summer. Indeed very Prada-esque too but there's not one thing I dislike. It's all just so... effortless, immaculate and wearable.

fLkAJQ7Z_t.jpg
I can always tell when a 'celebrity' mixes in with professional models, at least get the same hair parting as the rest of the pack please
Clearly, she used her own hair and make up

Last edited:
i wonder how his rtw sells. He is obviously very famous with the target/ross outlet crowd. They seem to freak out over finding "discounted" michael kors even if they are almost same price as instore.

That said its hard to find fault in this and hope he somehow gets out of the discount section of everything.

i wonder how his rtw sells. He is obviously very famous with the target/ross outlet crowd. They seem to freak out over finding "discounted" michael kors even if they are almost same price as instore.

That said its hard to find fault in this and hope he somehow gets out of the discount section of everything.
Fashion folks tend not to realize how much purchasing power the middle class has. Nurses and doctors, suburban moms or small business owners, church folks, and the like like to look good and tend to purchase a lot. They are probably part of the reason brands like MK and Coach are still able to survive the tide. They are loyal and have activities like church, parties, weddings, dinners and the like where they get a new item. There's a reason the most purchased fashion brands in the US are those mall brands.

Top 10 Fashion Brands in the USA in 2024
  1. Nike. Nike, renowned for its sports and activewear, continues to dominate the fashion industry in the USA, holding a substantial market share. ...
  2. Old Navy. ...
  3. Ralph Lauren. ...
  4. Levi's. ...
  5. Under Armour. ...
  6. Coach. ...
  7. Calvin Klein. ...
  8. Michael Kors.

That said, I actually enjoy his shows, they are non pretentious and straight to the point. The lace skirts here seem a little dated but the collection as a whole is quintessential MK. Hopefully they'll change the way its presented in campaigns because thats what tells the MK jetsetter story and separates the brand from regular RTW brands and lately their campaigns have lost that essence. They should take a cue from RL who has mantained that luxurious rich all American feel in all his marketing and branding. Even if you wear a cheap Polo shirt you still feel like you are wearing something expensive.

Last edited:
MK Collection is obviously done for overall company brand halo and industry cred but I wonder if it's profitable on its own at all.

That being said, they have some hero products that the rich women love including the Joan Cashmere sweater.

Every time I visit an MK store they never have MKC which is kind of annoying to me. I believe it's only available in their UES store, Bergdorf's etc.

MK Department Store is a LV/Dior/Prada dupe brand.

MK Collection is distinctly Manhattan - a sort of casual grandeur... black for spring in manhattan is normalized

There is just so much wearable contemporary and timeless clothing here it's hard to really find anything wrong. This collection in particular seems to employ gimmicks MK has never really used before - that straw skirt is so unwearable and seems fundamentally against MK's ethos. seems like he's focusing on the skirt with a lot of these barely-there top choices... the caramel lace skirt is exquisite.... the plisse halter semi-sheer gown is a vision...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->