Michael Kors "Very Hollywood" Fragrance : Carmen Kass and Noah Mills by Mario Testino

Oh.
My.
God.

It's just...I am absolutely speecheless. It's so beyond the point of tacky that its almost art. This should be hanging in a museum somewhere - this is should be the opening scene of a John Waters film if only it possessed one shred of irony. I never thought Michael Kors could ever achieve something this meaningful but he has actually manged to create the most incredible piece of kitsch I've seen outside of a Jeff Koons exhibit. I'm flabbergasted. I'm stunned. I'm laughing to the point where I can't contain myself.

There are tears in my eyes...

your words are so inspiring

i am crying

Spot on LuxxB)

Michael Kors seems to have created this non stop exotic, glamorous world for Carmen and Noah where they just manage to achieve the lottery winner's dream and more.
It is really becoming quite grating.......yachts, helipcopters, limousines, sunshine, bright lights, red carpets, adoration, what the hell next.......there really is no next for them. It's all downhill from here as they freefall into the world of the 'has been' who has frittered it all away.
Cue his next campaign......Noah and Carmen on a council estate in the North West of England, sitting on their doortsep smoking roll ups, next to binbags and parts of an old knackered car in their front garden and photographed by Jurgen Teller.

^:rofl: That made me laugh. Your absolutely right.

carmen looks pretty as always but i woulld prefer something more dramatic

The concept is so cliché, but I do actually like it.
Instead of doing something more contemporary they put Carmen looking absolutely tacky, with a trashy dress and an awful hairdo.

they captured the holywood concept perfectly only issue is the duo...havent we had enough of them for MK already? The hair too...

why didnt they use Bianca B in a Sophia Loren old Hollywood setting instead

Or Tanya :wub:....anyway Carmen looks like a barbie and you can't even see Noah, he's doing ANTM Aminat's 'back to the camera' pose. Recipe for fail so far :lol:

Its Glamorous,
It's Fabulous
It's VeryHollywood.

Indeed!

And with the LadyGaGa as the OST this is actually very "elegant".
Oh, TheFame.

I even think LadyGaGa would fit this better, at least she would rock it.

The sleazy smile on Noah's face seals the deal for me. And Carmen plays the perfect brainless bimbo with too much spray in her hair ... 'blinded by the diamonds and photogs...'

Michael Kors is the tackiest designer ever to walk the face of the earth. He makes money from people's lack of proper taste and correct social upbringing.

^I don't think that's true at all.
He's one of my favorite designers from NYFW and his designs are beautiful and modern. Fit for a contemporary woman in the present. His ad campaigns may be tasteless, but your far from wrong when it comes to your critique on his compositions.

No offense.

Green python totes with gold piping and straps, with tassels dangling from both ends? Even Carmen's dress here is hideously tacky, imo.

He is usually very over the top. Very Texas/Jessica Simpson. No offense.

Oh, but his fw09 collection wasn't tacky at all.

The dress in this ad is hideous, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->