Miu Miu S/S 2010 Paris

yaaaay i love it even the prints are growing on me already!!! :D

Sigh...I don't mind the prints, any prints, I'm not so narrow-minded, but I do mind how *little* there is here, other than a few non-descript tight tailored pieces, it's the same collared, bell-sleeved vintage dresses glammed up with collage effects, sequinns, beads and pastiche, and very beautifully embroidered crystal feathers, etc... DIY, anyone? This is supposedly a witty take on the "little girl on the prairie", the kind of scrawly drawings you see on chick lit books years ago that you still see on "Bloom" or "Stila" cosmetics...yeah, that explains the whys of the importance of these prints, but I miss the cool, urbane, sharply turned-out girls of last season with their to-die-for-heirloom quality coat dresses. This feels like scaling back on design development.

Last edited by a moderator:
IM SO... I dont know. Miu Miu collections, even the ones i really dislike at first sight, tend to grow on me after a few days, but this one.. i think i have a huge problem with the prints. like some of the outfits are very very nice but the prints are so ugly. :|

That's my problem as well. I can't deal with prints; especially kitsch-looking prints.

Prada was so "sunny" whereas this attitude is all "doom and gloom". I got mixed feelings on some of the pieces but overall I like it.

Have to say it's another collection that looks more A/W than S/S.

I think I love this. Well, not all of it, but a lot of it. There is so much personality in the pieces, and the hair/makeup and casting is just perfect.

It's definitely not for everyone, but I personally love this collection.

Sigh...I don't mind the prints, any prints, I'm not so narrow-minded, but I do mind how *little* there is here, other than a few non-descript tight tailored pieces, it's the same collared, bell-sleeved vintage dresses glammed up with collage effects, sequinns, beads and pastiche, and very beautifully embroidered crystal feathers, etc... DIY, anyone? This is supposedly a witty take on the "little girl on the prairie", the kind of scrawly drawings you see on chick lit books years ago that you still see on "Bloom" or "Stila" cosmetics...yeah, that explains the whys of the importance of these prints, but I miss the cool, urbane, sharply turned-out girls of last season with their to-die-for-heirloom quality coat dresses. This feels like scaling back on design development.
You must have been reading my mind. The whole recipe is very much what Miu Miu used to be before Prada started showing it in Paris. She's really elevated the line these last few years to give it it's own identity aside from "Prada's little sister", but I think this collection is a huge step backwards as far as that goes.

I do like a lot of the clothes though, especially those few nude beaded dresses with the buchered shirt sleeves and collars on top.

Miuccia should give Pilati some lessons on how to use "funny" prints properly. I think I like this, after some weak seasons (to me) I think I really like this. It's more the Miu Miu I know and adore.

I really like a lot of the pieces, but I do think that she might have stretched out the same few ideas a little too much to fill the entire collection. She could have balanced out the collection more by including solid colored pieces and maybe some without such tight collars.

I really love some of these looks, but after looking at the collection again, it does not seem very versatile. It is what it is, it's for a specific type of girl and no one else. There's not a lot of diversity or variety here.

This looks far better than Prada (has been for a few seasons now). A lil kitschy maybe, but a good, believable kind because Miu Miu has always been so, a little bit off. Innovative designs, maybe not, but the results are much more appealing than a lot others.

Hmmm, I am not a fan.
The prints are way too literal and pretty lame.
There is no sense of creativity in them whatsover (lets put a bunch of flat birds and bodies we drew out on Adobe Illustrator and tile them as a print).

This is very disappointing. Miu Miu I usually love but this it boring. Some of the embellished pieces are ok but ehhh, nothing particularly exciting and I would never, ever wear anything printed with cats like that.

So good! I love it, especially the pieces with metallic (?) details.

Kittens!!!!!!
the applycations in the last dresses are beautiful!!!

So pastiche, kitchen sink kitsch allover motifs are most definitely a major trend like it or not. Cherries, strawberries, kitties and all. I truly did not see this one coming, and from the most unlikely of sources!
It's left me shaking a bit. It's almost as if Jeremy Scott has infected everyone with some hideous, eyeball gouging camp producing disease...

I adore it, hands down. Now that the season is over, it is save to say that it's one of my fave collections. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->