Models & The Number of Their Vogue Covers

yes she only has one cover but that is one of my favorite covers of hers. she deserves a solo cover after a million editorials she has done with vogue us.

yes she only has one cover but that is one of my favorite covers of hers. she deserves a solo cover after a million editorials she has done with vogue us.

Yeah she deserves but who's Daria Werbowy? She's like Mariacarla Boscono or Malgosia Bela (not in terms of works but in terms of fame). Vogue US give only girl covers only to supermodel celebrities (Kate, Gisele, Natalia, Karolina Kurkova, Liya Kebede etc)

The Daria Covers list that i did have some little mistakes and are some reprints covers missing, also Natalia list and Caroline Trentini list, when i have more free time i will remade these list.

Yeah she deserves but who's Daria Werbowy? She's like Mariacarla Boscono or Malgosia Bela (not in terms of works but in terms of fame). Vogue US give only girl covers only to supermodel celebrities (Kate, Gisele, Natalia, Karolina Kurkova, Liya Kebede etc)

anna gave cover to liya and natalia and these were definitely not celebs at the time of their solo cover.

i have to agree with u that a model must be a celeb to be on the cover of vogue us. girls like miranda and candice have more chance to land the vogue us cover than daria or any other non celeb models.

if u dont have a story behind your beauty then the chance of u landing a us cover is pretty much next to zero.

it's time for daria to date some famous dudes like leo and jake by then she will have a chance. :lol:

The Daria Covers list that i did have some little mistakes and are some reprints covers missing, also Natalia list and Caroline Trentini list, when i have more free time i will remade these list.

i can't wait for daria's list.

thanx polevshichikova for your hard work and dedication. u have made this thread so much more interesting.

anna gave cover to liya and natalia and these were definitely not celebs at the time of their solo cover.

i have to agree with u that a model must be a celeb to be on the cover of vogue us. girls like miranda and candice have more chance to land the vogue us cover than daria or any other non celeb models.

if u dont have a story behind your beauty then the chance of u landing a us cover is pretty much next to zero.

it's time for daria to date some famous dudes like leo and jake by then she will have a chance. :lol:

Natalia had a contract with Calvin Klein and she was everywhere. She was in like 100 events like Cannes.
Daria doesn't need a famous people. She just needs to attends some events like the Met Gala, Cannes Film Festival or the CFDA Awards. I think if Daria wanted she would have become like Gisele or Kate but she's too lazy and now it's too late and i doubt she wants to do that. She can also have twitter, twitter make to models lot of fame. Really Daria outside her works she's anybody and it's a shame because she's so talented and beautiful. I think the only girl nowadays can have a Vogue US cover alone is Lara Stone.

Last edited by a moderator:
natalia was a celeb in europe but she was/is definitely not a celeb in the us. she wasn't then and she isn't now. u know u r a celeb in the us if u r being mentioned by magazines such as people, us, etc.

lara is a celeb in the uk or europe but she is not a celeb in the us. the public doesnt know her here in north america. her husband is not a celeb in the us. so really i dont think she fits as a celeb model. brand like ck doesnt turn models into celeb. they are no victoria's secret.

mirranda kerr is definitely a celeb due to her victoria secret contract and being married to orlando blooms. adriana is very famous, kk was famous before but not as much as before due to the fact that she is no longer with vs. brooklyn decker is a celeb due to her si cover and beign married to andy roddick.

here is my list of celeb models in north america:
-giselle
-kate moss
-supermodels(the big 5, plus elle, and stephanie)
-bar rafeili
-carolyn murphy
-mirranda kerr
-adriana
-ale
-heidi klum
-brooklyn decker

potential future celeb models: coco
-

i think i miss quite a few but those were the only models i could come up with.

anyway Natalia is still a celebrity to me. I don't think celebrity mean public recognition, yes also that but Natalia attended many big events outside fashion like Academy Awards etc. Plus she's well known from almost all the actresses, singers, actors, everyone and she hosted so many parties and she invited so many celebrities... Plus just look at her editorials in American Vogue or her covers, the last is Russian Bazaar. She's always with famous people. Plus her charity is well known and i remember she was invited at "Friday Night" with Jonathan Ross and after her there were Colin Farrell and Jay-Z. Plus come'on she's invited in all the biggest shows in Paris fashion week and haute couture week. This is for celebrities. I don't want that you change idea ahahah it's just my point and Anna's point, if not she wasn't on the cover :D

haha. i think natalia is a celeb in europe. she is definitely a celeb in the uk and russia and now france(for dating some billionaire's son), but as i have mentioned earlier that those names on my list are considered as celeb in north america only. thus they are celeb to us vogue.

haha. i think natalia is a celeb in europe. she is definitely a celeb in the uk and russia and now france(for dating some billionaire's son), but as i have mentioned earlier that those names on my list are considered as celeb in north america only. thus they are celeb to us vogue.

omg i forgot the part of North America ahahah. I'm sorry :lol:
Now i agree with you :clap:

Daria is a supermodel I think but her fame is relatively low when compared to Gisele. She needs to get out more
Posted via Mobile Device

Daria is a supermodel I think but her fame is relatively low when compared to Gisele. She needs to get out more
Posted via Mobile Device

haha, i don't think daria wants that. she's probably the most low-key supermodel ever, which i think is pretty rad, because she's still able to rack up so many vogue covers without hopping to every single A-list celebrity event, fundraiser, etc. i love daria because she doesn't want the limelight, but she's also achieved a certain level of supermodel status through her hard work and versatility as a model, not because she's contracted to only particular brand, or because she's screwing some A-list celebrity (i know she dated josh hartnett, but even that romance was low-key).

whatevs to US vouge. she still has some of the most beautiful international vogue covers.

Daria Werbowy:heart:
20/06/2012 /50 Covers

-2003-07-Vogue Italia
-2003-08-Vogue Italia
-2003-10-Vogue Italia
-2004-03-Vogue Hellas
-2004-03-Vogue Japan
-2004-04-Vogue Hellas
-2004-04-Vogue Portugal
-2004-05-Vogue Italia
-2004-05-Vogue Korea
-2004-09-Vogue US
-2004-11-Vogue Korea
-2004-12-Vogue Hellas
-2005-01-Vogue Uk
-2005-03-Vogue Korea
-2005-03-Vogue Paris
-2005-04-Vogue Portugal
-2005-05-Vogue Portugal
-2005-06-Vogue Korea
-2005-06-Vogue Portugal
-2005-07-Vogue Korea
-2005-09-Vogue Spain
-2005-11-Vogue Australia
-2005-12-Vogue Japan
-2006-04-Vogue China
-2006-04-Vogue Hellas
-2006-04-Vogue Mexico & Latino America
-2007-03-Vogue Brasil
-2007-03-Vogue Uk
-2007-10-Vogue Germany
-2008-03-Vogue Hellas
-2008-04-Vogue Japan
-2008-05-Vogue Brasil
-2008-05-Vogue Hellas
-2008-06-Vogue Portugal
-2008-08-Vogue Paris
-2009-01-Vogue Japan
-2009-02-Vogue Australia
-2009-04-Vogue Portual
-2009-05-Vogue Paris
-2009-05-Vogue Uk
-2009-08-Vogue Paris
-2009-11-Vogue Russia
-2010-01-Vogue Japan
-2010-02-Vogue Paris
-2010-04-Vogue Japan
-2011-03-Vogue Hellas
-2011-10-Vogue Russia
-2012-02-Vogue Paris
-2012-06-Vogue Australia
-2012-07-Vogue Japan

Untitled-1-9.jpg

Untitled-2-4.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

vogue-archive.livejournal

haha, i don't think daria wants that. she's probably the most low-key supermodel ever, which i think is pretty rad, because she's still able to rack up so many vogue covers without hopping to every single A-list celebrity event, fundraiser, etc. i love daria because she doesn't want the limelight, but she's also achieved a certain level of supermodel status through her hard work and versatility as a model, not because she's contracted to only particular brand, or because she's screwing some A-list celebrity (i know she dated josh hartnett, but even that romance was low-key).
whatevs to US vouge. she still has some of the most beautiful international vogue covers.
I agree! She is low-profile, unlike other top models like Natalia V (I love her tho).... She's so mysterious. It's amazing she still has so many covers
Posted via Mobile Device

Natalia had a contract with Calvin Klein and she was everywhere. She was in like 100 events like Cannes.
Daria doesn't need a famous people. She just needs to attends some events like the Met Gala, Cannes Film Festival or the CFDA Awards. I think if Daria wanted she would have become like Gisele or Kate but she's too lazy and now it's too late and i doubt she wants to do that. She can also have twitter, twitter make to models lot of fame. Really Daria outside her works she's anybody and it's a shame because she's so talented and beautiful. I think the only girl nowadays can have a Vogue US cover alone is Lara Stone.

No she couldn't. Theres a reason why her and Lara haven't gotten solo covers. Its because no one knows who the hell they are. Their time for that is all but gone. No amount of events could have made it possible without that extra star power. Liya and Natalia made their marks at just the right moment before celebs started to rule to solidify their reputations in Anna's eyes.

Look at how many of Daria's reprint covers originate from her US Vogue editorial work and how flawless they look...just makes you think about how good they would have looked on the front of the American edition. Not that I want to start on the whole 'model vs. celebrity' cover debate, because I am totally ambivalent to it, but just thought it was interesting to throw that thought out there.

she should have played liz taylor instead of lindsey lohan. she looks incredible as liz taylor

imo, too different moments to even compare... even though I love Daria as a model, that's about it... Gisele fame came before Leo, a proofs was when she was on the cover of rolling stone and also had harper's bazaar Us, vogue us, and W all in the same month... she changed beauty aesthetic and her personality crossed the modeling part. Of course Leo gave her a lot more fame outside the fashion world, but she already had made her mark on pop culture. Daria is part of a new crop of super model, like karlie and joan... can't cross the fashion world and their background stories are not really inspiring for selling like liya and natalia... beautiful girls with normal lives getting the most of what they can... and I applaude

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->