Mona Johannesson

Amélie

Reaction score
monaIMG_04B.jpg

SHE'S THE ONE
IF ever a girl was destined to be "the next Kate Moss", Mona must be she. The Swedish 17-year-old was spotted by an IMG scout while at a horse trials event in Gothenburg three years ago and since then has modelled only part time - including one shoot for Swedish magazine Fjords in which she recreated some of Kate's most famous poses - while she finished school. Having arrived in London just over two weeks ago to launch herself onto the catwalk scene, she quickly racked up an impressive selection of new friends including Vogue's fashion director, Lucinda Chambers, stylist Karl Templer and photographers Patrick Demarchelier, Glen Luchford and Lauire Bartley. At only 5'7'', Mona is a little shorter than many of her catwalking contemporaries (she wears heels every day without fail), but we can expect major campaigns to come rolling in anytime now. And everybody's talking about her. "Depending on her mood, she's like Kate Moss, Bridget Hall or Aurelie Claudel," said one model expert. "The fashion world is looking for really fresh, beautiful girls at the moment - Brooke Shields-types - and Mona is really it." Look out for her in Vogue's March issue and the April issue of Italian Vogue. (December 8 2004, AM)
(from UK Vogue)

i get really sick of "the next Kate Moss", "the next Elle MacPherson", the next gisele, naomi, claudia, cindy...whatever...find someone unique and original...maybe that's why Gemma found success caz she looked different (and a bit wierd)...

she's gorgeous, we'll jus have to see how diverse she is...

Originally posted by Amélie@Dec 8 2004, 09:12 AM
i get really sick of "the next Kate Moss", "the next Elle MacPherson", the next gisele, naomi, claudia, cindy...whatever...
[snapback]456159[/snapback]​
agreed, although she does look a lot like Kate :woot:

If it was me, I would rather have wanted to make a carrier based
on myself than to constantly be compared to someone else.

I inwardly groaned when I saw this on the website, they do make a habit of this sort of thing there. And then we hardly ever hear of the person again...She does look a bit like Kate though.

everyone is so stoked about this girl. fantastic personality, GORGEOUS....
i hate the comparisons, but with her, it's going to be inevitable, especially considering her height...

She really does look like her..pretty...

I'll have to see more of her before I comment.

Yes she's very pretty but I just have to roll my eyes at her becoming the next Kate Moss.

I actually saw this just this morning on the Vogue UK site... I'm going to have to agree with the others here, it's been done too many times to be believable anymore.

wow, I was going to start a topic on Mona the other day because she's doing really well and in a few photos I thought she looked just like Kate...

anyway, more pics and info: here

She's not going to BE Kate Moss...but she does have a distinct resemblence to Kate...

while she is pretty and resembles kate.. i dont she how can ever make a name for HERSELF when she will undoubtedly be compared to kate every step of the way. :huh:

she's prettier than kate moss, i think, but i doubt she will live up to the name

I would almost say this or two different girls :huh:
05.jpg

04.jpg

In this pic she looks just like Anne Marie :shock:
00.jpg

Originally posted by Misako@Dec 8 2004, 10:26 PM
She's not going to BE Kate Moss...but she does have a distinct resemblence to Kate...
[snapback]456765[/snapback]​

Well said :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->