Moncler And Junya Watanabe?

faust

Reaction score
I saw an ad yesterday of italian outerwear company Moncler with the Junya Watanabe Man label on the jacket? I couldn't find any info in this collaboration online. Runner maybe you can find something? On the company website in the news tab I saw something that has Comme des Garcon, Moncler, and 10 Corso Como in one article, but it is in Italian. Where is our man in Milan, Tott, when you need him?

Moncler

Oooh that sounds intriguing! Maybe he collaborated with Moncler for those puffa jacket gowns for fall.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 12 2004, 10:45 AM
Oooh that sounds intriguing! Maybe he collaborated with Moncler for those puffa jacket gowns for fall.
[snapback]329525[/snapback]​

That was the jacket in the ad. I don't know, I think all these CDG collaborations are starting to bore me. CDG and Fred Perry was a non-event. Maybe this is better. I don't know where to look for Moncler in NYC. Do you?
BTW, the ad was in Wallpaper.

I think you can get Moncler at Saks or Bergdorf's. It's very old-school and luxurious though, no? I see it in the same league as Loro Piana and other forgotten European fixtures.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 12 2004, 10:51 AM
I think you can get Moncler at Saks or Bergdorf's. It's very old-school and luxurious though, no? I see it in the same league as Loro Piana and other forgotten European fixtures.
[snapback]329534[/snapback]​

I'm really not sure. Saks and Bergorf <shudders>.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 12 2004, 10:58 AM
:lol: I know what you mean. But those jackets look so comfy.
[snapback]329540[/snapback]​

That's true. And they make jackets for kids! I wonder if I can get something for my daughter.

I've never heard of Montcler let alone have I seen it. Sounds interesting though. AF Vandevorst is doing Allegri and Bernhard is doing Capucci, so perhaps the Italians are finally catching on and getting away from the stuffy luxe stereotype.

I’m not good at Italian but as far as I understand the collaboration consists only of the jacket pictured, and the article also states that it’s exclusively available in the 10 Corso Como stores.

Originally posted by macchiom@Aug 12 2004, 11:10 AM
I’m not good at Italian but as far as I understand the collaboration consists only of the jacket pictured, and the article also states that it’s exclusively available in the 10 Corso Como stores.
[snapback]329558[/snapback]​

thanks!

Faust, I have noticed the date is Nov. 2003:-)

I've been to the Red Star CdG Shop in St. Peter and they are selling the fall collections already. There are 4 photo albums of Comme's collections for fall, this time free for watching:-) In overal the Shirt collection is about baggy trousers and more fitted knitts (with Fred:(-) and H+ collection is super, with front cut-off to the sides jackets and low-crotch trousers. The fabric look very "shabby" but it will look better in real life.

The Comme H+ jacket was S, black, wonderfuly cut (with the front slightly curved to the sides), very easy to wear for 600-700:-) euro and it was not 100% wool. The store also shows white and in blue stripes shirts. I also saw the Junya jacket which was L and "super small", black, with thick, "stiffy" fabric.

Good news is they sell last year curved panel jackets. Bad news is they cost more than Yoox (jackets are for 600-700 euro) But in Russia everything costs more than everywhere else:-)

I tried a beige S jacket with "permission stop" on the back. It had fitted me as if it would have been made by order:-) The sleeves were a bit long but it would not be a problem. This was the price:-) There was also a S black nylon jacket with white lining (236 euro not reduced price) (it is August already now). It was a bit too long or too large. I ended up not buying anything :-( Maybe will wait for the Warsaw Guerrilla.

Btw, leform sold everything the time I visited. Only a pair of blue Freed shoes left:-)

And I've managed to spend a starving day in Hermitage. St. Peter is so beautiful:-)

Originally posted by nqth@Aug 12 2004, 02:42 PM
Faust, I have noticed the date is Nov. 2003:-)

I've been to the Red Star CdG Shop in St. Peter and they are selling the fall collections already. There are 4 photo albums of Comme's collections for fall, this time free for watching:-) In overal the Shirt collection is about baggy trousers and more fitted knitts (with Fred:(-) and H+ collection is super, with front cut-off to the sides jackets and low-crotch trousers. The fabric look very "shabby" but it will look better in real life.

The Comme H+ jacket was S, black, wonderfuly cut (with the front slightly curved to the sides), very easy to wear for 600-700:-) euro and it was not 100% wool. The store also shows white and in blue stripes shirts. I also saw the Junya jacket which was L and "super small", black, with thick, "stiffy" fabric.
Good news is they sell last year curved panel jackets. Bad news is they cost more than Yoox (jackets are for 600-700 euro) But in Russia everything costs more than everywhere else:-)
I tried a beige S jacket with "permission stop" on the back. It had fitted me as if it would have been made by order:-) The sleeves were a bit long but it would not be a problem. This was the price:-) There was also a S black nylon jacket with white lining (236 euro not reduced price) (it is August already now). It was a bit too long or too large. I ended up not buying anything :-( Maybe will wait for the Warsaw Guerrilla.

Btw, leform sold everything the time I visited. Only a pair of blue Freed shoes left:-)

And I've managed to spend a starving day in Hermitage. St. Peter is so beautiful:-)
[snapback]329836[/snapback]​

Sounds like a good trip. Hermitage is gorgeous. You are right, designer clothing is much more expensive in Russia than in Europe :o

from ispovision 05.05.2004

Moncler Designs for Comme des Garcons

The down jacket brand Moncler is participating in the “10 Corso Como” design campaign of Comme des Garcons with a new model of its cult classic. This campaign will provide both young insider labels and renowned fashion brands with the chance to redesign one of their own selected products and sell it in strictly limited numbers via the Comme des Garcons-Stores in Milan and Tokyo. Moncler is giving its men’s jacket “Venise” a new makeover within the framework of the campaign; the model already characterized the market in the sixties. Based on the good collaboration, the company is planning to collaborate again with Comme des Garcons in the next fall/winter season.

the first sentence might be "participated in". I think Moncler collaborated with 10 Corso Como in A/W 03. as macchiom said, it consisted only of the jkt below in three colors...vermilion, navy, and black.

and this time around, the collaboration products will be launched with the label of Junya Man. it seems that they are available in November at both Junya stores and 10 Corso Como. also we will see the variety of models and fabrics that is small though.

Attachments

• corso.jpg
    corso.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 28
Faust, there is an Moncler's ad in recent Wallpaper fet. a jkt with a prominent "Junya Watanabe Man" label :-)

Originally posted by nqth@Aug 24 2004, 05:16 AM
Faust, there is an Moncler's ad in recent Wallpaper fet. a jkt with a prominent "Junya Watanabe Man" label :-)
[snapback]343568[/snapback]​

Yes, that's what started this thread :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avann
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->