Moschino F/W 2018.19 Milan

The most sophisticated and focused collection of him to date, its a pity that some things looks very cheap, especially the details in leather. The gowns are atrocious, as expected, however that green one with a cape is most beautiful gown that Jeremy ever designed IMO.

I like pretty much everything except the dresses at the end.

So many of the models were wobbly/almost fell, I wonder what was up with the shoes or floor situation?

So many of the models were wobbly/almost fell, I wonder what was up with the shoes or floor situation?

Noticed that too. On the livestream that raised catwalk did look noticeably shiny so maybe the surface wasn't great for walking.

As for the collection itself, I agree for a "Jeremy Scott for Moschino" it's actually not that bad!

I'm sort of loving the Jackie O drag.

I got over the literal Jackie O reference after a while but overall this is actually a really refined and mature collection for him.
It's actually...and I can't believe I'm saying this...a really good collection.
The pieces aren't gimmicky or anything albeit a couple of fugly dresses at the end.

Kudos.

reminds me of galliano's hideous 60s phase at Dior (like, resort 2011), but worse and way more literal, obviously. It's still impressive to see him tone down the ridiculous gimmicks a bit. Like, if Jeremy can, anyone can! (*Points in Gucci's general direction*)

reminds me of galliano's hideous 60s phase at Dior (like, resort 2011), but worse and way more literal, obviously.

Yeah, this was the first thing I thought! Quite streamlined for Jeremy and Moschino, though.

The eveningwear looks like dresses that I bet all of us sketched in first grade, when you naively thought you were recreating some fabulously complicated Dior ballgown but were putting glitter on a zig-zag-scissor-cut piece of paper instead.

Same and same and same again.
I don't see any different in his collections. Ugly prints, same dresses in different colours and horrible evening dresses.
I liked it before but after 3 Moschino pieces i didn't buy it anymore, ( 3 years of Michele's Gucci and i still in love with his Gucci)

Moschino is more on theme than all the other shows right now, love it!

I can´t believe that there are so many wearable pieces. The prints are also great imo :smile:

Despite I've missed the drama from previous seasons during the livestream, HELL I'M APPLAUDING THIS GUY. It's quite funny to believe that this guy is the same designer of a tacky LA brand. But I suppose that he's getting help from Franco Moschino archives.

The collection is hit. The silhouettes and the concepts worked really well. He did what Prada is trying to do but failing: make clear shapes and dash it with a punch of funny graphics without being pretentious or over the top. Obviously this is going to be a commercial success and it left me wonder if they're doing it well in sales because even when it's pretty clear that this is a Moschino collection, it was a lot more quiet. It felt like: Ok, we've done the crazy lady now we have to make the elegant and down to earth one.
The last part was incredibly tacky and stunning at the same time. It has the extravagant fun factor that lacked the first half of the show. One thing that really bothered me: how do you send a dress without finish it? It was very uncomfortable for some models to carry those dresses. Birgit was fighting to make that dress work. YOU'RE HIGH FASHION. YOU'RE MOSCHINO.YOU'RE HIGH STANDARS. YOU CAN NOT SEND AN UNFINISHED MESS TO THE RUNWAY.

I love love love love the Pan-am/Mad Men-style 60s pieces for the front part of the show and that black double double-zipped jacket just screams me...

It's very the jetsons, supersonic eleganza extraganza!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->