Moschino F/W 2018.19 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 21, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

5. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

6. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

The most sophisticated and focused collection of him to date, its a pity that some things looks very cheap, especially the details in leather. The gowns are atrocious, as expected, however that green one with a cape is most beautiful gown that Jeremy ever designed IMO.

7. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

I like pretty much everything except the dresses at the end.

8. Cute

Cute Well-Known Member

This actually... isn't bad :eek:

9. Growl

Growl Member

So many of the models were wobbly/almost fell, I wonder what was up with the shoes or floor situation?

10. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Well-Known Member

Noticed that too. On the livestream that raised catwalk did look noticeably shiny so maybe the surface wasn't great for walking.

As for the collection itself, I agree for a "Jeremy Scott for Moschino" it's actually not that bad!

I'm sort of loving the Jackie O drag.

11. billiejbob

billiejbob Active Member

I got over the literal Jackie O reference after a while but overall this is actually a really refined and mature collection for him.
    It's actually...and I can't believe I'm saying this...a really good collection.
    The pieces aren't gimmicky or anything albeit a couple of fugly dresses at the end.

Kudos.

12. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

reminds me of galliano's hideous 60s phase at Dior (like, resort 2011), but worse and way more literal, obviously. It's still impressive to see him tone down the ridiculous gimmicks a bit. Like, if Jeremy can, anyone can! (*Points in Gucci's general direction*)

13. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Yeah, this was the first thing I thought! Quite streamlined for Jeremy and Moschino, though.

The eveningwear looks like dresses that I bet all of us sketched in first grade, when you naively thought you were recreating some fabulously complicated Dior ballgown but were putting glitter on a zig-zag-scissor-cut piece of paper instead.

14. Fashionstuff

Fashionstuff http://fashionworldstuff.

Same and same and same again.
    I don't see any different in his collections. Ugly prints, same dresses in different colours and horrible evening dresses.
    I liked it before but after 3 Moschino pieces i didn't buy it anymore, ( 3 years of Michele's Gucci and i still in love with his Gucci)

15. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Moschino is more on theme than all the other shows right now, love it!

16. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

I can´t believe that there are so many wearable pieces. The prints are also great imo :)

17. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

Despite I've missed the drama from previous seasons during the livestream, HELL I'M APPLAUDING THIS GUY. It's quite funny to believe that this guy is the same designer of a tacky LA brand. But I suppose that he's getting help from Franco Moschino archives.

The collection is hit. The silhouettes and the concepts worked really well. He did what Prada is trying to do but failing: make clear shapes and dash it with a punch of funny graphics without being pretentious or over the top. Obviously this is going to be a commercial success and it left me wonder if they're doing it well in sales because even when it's pretty clear that this is a Moschino collection, it was a lot more quiet. It felt like: Ok, we've done the crazy lady now we have to make the elegant and down to earth one.
    The last part was incredibly tacky and stunning at the same time. It has the extravagant fun factor that lacked the first half of the show. One thing that really bothered me: how do you send a dress without finish it? It was very uncomfortable for some models to carry those dresses. Birgit was fighting to make that dress work. YOU'RE HIGH FASHION. YOU'RE MOSCHINO.YOU'RE HIGH STANDARS. YOU CAN NOT SEND AN UNFINISHED MESS TO THE RUNWAY.

18. blackcherrified

I love love love love the Pan-am/Mad Men-style 60s pieces for the front part of the show and that black double double-zipped jacket just screams me...

19. Littleathquakes

Littleathquakes Active Member

LOL took the words right out of my mouth.

20. Fernini

Fernini Active Member

It's very the jetsons, supersonic eleganza extraganza!