Moschino F/W 2022.23 Milan

Only day 2 of MFW and they’re literally stealing the show!

Wow Milan is really bring it today. Another hit.

This collection can easily Jeremy best collection of his career.

It's a perfect balance between decorations elements and classics dressmaking. A lot fabulous evening gowns, look 26 is simply divine.

I just find that Jeremy has relatively good ideas, but the execution always feels so painfully cheap and surface or superficial. Take for example the dress where it’s as if two clocks literally were just plonked on the shoulders as sleeves or Cara Taylor’s harp dress where the harp itself and the strings are so wonky … they could have been so beautiful and still fun if executed better. I will give it to him that he always puts on a fun show where the models try to model and pose a bit.

I can see how comfortable and powerful the models feel in these clothes. Even Steinberg looks commanding.

This seems like a more refined and rich version of his fall 2008 collection. Love it!

i love this - when I see runways I want fun inventive clothes and a SHOW - love him or hate the collections Jeremy has perfected giving us this!

Loved the outfit on grace Elizabeth, Gigi looked great in this get up but also If you told me she was a 40 year old model returning from retirement for her first runway in years and a bit nervous I would believe you. Make of that what you will

Cara Taylor’s harp dress stole the show. They need to show a side view of it.

I just find that Jeremy has relatively good ideas, but the execution always feels so painfully cheap and surface or superficial. Take for example the dress where it’s as if two clocks literally were just plonked on the shoulders as sleeves or Cara Taylor’s harp dress where the harp itself and the strings are so wonky …

Weirdly enough, this is why Scott's Moschino is so charming to me. As weird as it seems, I actually appreciate the wonkiness, haha.

The pairing of Moschino and Scott is one of the best ever in fashion. This collection is pure fun and forza. Love all of it!

He really does have an infectious talent - I totally appreciate his youthful, wide-eyed joy. There is absolutely not a drop of cynicism in his work - and that is really a feat, these days.

It's not my favorite of his for Moschino, but there are some fabulous looks, and I like the "2001: Space Odyssey" layer - just the right reference for these Baroque / Rococo furniture and decor pieces.

I just find that Jeremy has relatively good ideas, but the execution always feels so painfully cheap and surface or superficial. Take for example the dress where it’s as if two clocks literally were just plonked on the shoulders as sleeves or Cara Taylor’s harp dress where the harp itself and the strings are so wonky … they could have been so beautiful and still fun if executed better. I will give it to him that he always puts on a fun show where the models try to model and pose a bit.

Absolutely. And even being a basic b*tch, he’s done better.

This all feels too Disney Princess x Beauty and the Beast ensemble costumes on the nose. Some of the more simpler— but not basic pieces, are good: The curtain print ones; the crystal chandelier embroidered housedress; the gilded keyhole black dress; and the closing gown all possess that Franco frothy silliness and lighthearted charm.

He is the perfect pairing for a brand in my recent memories. Along with this collection, there are several collections in the past that make me think that he can do Dior better than those post-Galliano designers, but I would probably miss him in Moschino where I usually enjoy his works.

I'm in the minority and I don't think this is that great. It reads too Disney for my liking with the fabrics looking a little plastic in my eyes. There are some beautifully cut 40s style skirt suits and pants that I enjoy - love a good tapered 'victory suit' silhouette.

That being said, I've never been a fan of Jeremy Scott so I am biased. I can't really deal with his overly sweet approach to fashion, but I do respect his passion and what he maintains in the fashion conversation. It is admirable that he has lasted this long in the industry and is still able to confidently have his own voice come through his designs.

For all the distractions and garishness, there is some really sharp tailoring in here and its bitchy glamour and energy is enticing. I like this collection a lot! I think Jeremy Scott would do very well at Chanel or Dior even, two houses which are devoid of life and glamour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->