Moschino Muffin Bag

Luxx

oh me, oh my
Reaction score
While flipping through the new Vogue this bag caught my eye. I'm not sure if I'm 100% in love with it just yet but I'm very intrigued by it. The lock aspect reminds me of a Paddington but this particular lock strikes me as much cuter. I love the red version :wub: the fabric looks very pretty but I'm on the fence about the other variations.

I do love the name though. What is it with bags and breakfast foods? First the Baguette and Croissant and now the Muffin.

Image Credit | Scanned by me from US Vogue August 07

Last edited by a moderator:
ah ha! so that's what it's called.. :buzz: these too caught my eye...randomly picked up an issue of vogue the other day and went on search for these on ebay after i saw them....

so 'muffin' you say eh? why thank you! any more info??

So far I've found out that there is a Big Muffin (the style seen in the ads), a Medium Muffin and a small Muffin (which I'm just going to call Lil' Muffin :heart:)

The smallest seems to retail for $995 while the large is around $1700 I think. Forgive me if I'm wrong on the pricing/sizing.

Image credit | Moschino.com

Luxx, I did a little nosing around on the net too.
Blue Bee online does carry some of the variations of the muffin bag, though I personally find the ones in the ad much more appealing:

The Large Mylar Muffin bag ($1895:(
Measures 18"L x 11"H x 7"D.

Medium muffin ($1245) - these variations are a little "Juicy" for my taste.
Measures 13"L x 9"H x 6"D

Pics from bluebeeonline.com

Moschino also did a few variations of this padlock shoulder bag this season, another one is called the Venice Borsa, but it looks like the muffin, minus the heart shaped key pouch to me (a look that I much prefer actually!:(

This goes by the Large Padlock Shoulder Bag and measures 12” wide across bottom, 18” wide across center, 15” wide across top x 6 1/4” deep x 11 1/2” high.

The Venice Borsa (in a dark green patent with black trim which I love! :woot:)

Dimensions: 17" wide at bottom, 13" wide at top x 6" deep x 14" high.

Pics from zappos.com
Hmm...now you got me thinking :rolleyes:

^Ooh! Fabulous PrincessImp!I totally agree with you that some of them look a little too "Juicy" I think this bag is right on that borderline. Some variations, like the metallic seem a bit much but I am loving that green patent!! :woot:

I love the red in the ad but I'm wondering how well that satiny material will hold up. It looks gorgeous but also high maintenance.

Then again I'm pretty high maintenance (understatement of the year) myself so the bag should suit me just fine. :lol:

^I'm thinking that the bags in the ad that you scanned seems to be a mixture of both the Muffin bags and the Venice Borsa.

The red satin is gorgeous and unique, I usually don't like satin bags are they aren't hardy, but the leather trim might help. Plus this is such a unique bag :brows:

Psst...I really really like the green patent too..so much so that one might turn up on my door-step soon. :shifty:

!!!!

You are my handbag hero! :woot:

Post loads of pictures once it arrives!

Yum. I love anything Moschino and/or food-related.

That herringbone one is gorgeous.

PrincessImp - I love this dark green patent:heart::heart::heart:.. it's gorgeous!:woot:

Pics from bluebeeonline.com

The Venice Borsa (in a dark green patent with black trim which I love! :woot:)

edit: please do not quote images
Dimensions: 17" wide at bottom, 13" wide at top x 6" deep x 14" high.

Pics from zappos.com
Hmm...now you got me thinking :rolleyes:

So, I got my green Venice Borsa bag and it's really gorgeous.
It's a really dark green and even appears black under low lighting.

Unfortunately I decided to return it, after pondering over it for a few days, I decided this bag wasn't for me.
It's really cute, but it feels a little too young to me, I think I would get this bag if I was younger....but in the wake of the upcoming fall collections, this bag had to go back. :cry:

^ Aww I'm sorry to hear that PrincessImp but as you said fall is coming :buzz: and I know there will be so many other incredible bags on the horizon.

I can almost feel my checkbook trembling as I type this.

This is so funny. 3-4 months ago, I bought the bordeaux muffin bag on major sale-- its lock was broken but my husband fixed it for me. I had no idea Moschino was going to re-release it this fall. I've been carrying it and I swear all the SAs in stores chase me to ask about the bag. Funny that my husband fixed the lock for me because he really *hates* this bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanel49
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->