Moschino S/S 2024 Milan

Really random moschino-isms. Not a concise look.

Feels like they flipped through 80/90s magazines and remade stuff. Feels like we wanted this in 2010 when that idea was fresh and people were clamoring for BodyMap et al.

judge-judy-slowly-closing-laptop-bho8hwnc3n1yavg6.gif

Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele:

VOGUE.COM

Gabriella Karefa-Johnson:

VOGUE.COM

Naturally, Carlyne's the only one who did good. But I hate the incohesiveness of the collection, none of it makes sense together and everything that came after Carlyne's section was downright awful. When Katie's people started acting crazy on the runway I just lost it lmao

This might be harsh but I think Katie Grand might be one of my least favorite stylists ever. She loves a gimmick and ill-fitting skirt. One of the best things Marc Jacobs did for his brand was to replace her for the runway collections. One of the worst decisions Miuccia ever made was hire her for Miu Miu, only to rightfully fire her later on.

It sucks. Moschino copies Anna Sui.

Last edited:
The reason why Carlyne is the legend she is…
The cut is impeccable, the styling is fun and clever and the jewelry gimmicks is efficient. Those are real clothes (probably the only thing they can sell from this collection) and a real POV of a stylist. It has a timeless quality to it.

‘The rest is a disaster.
I must say that I’m surprised to actually like Gabriella’s part as much as I like it.

The last 2 parts are a trainwreck. Katie Grand is the architect behind Tomo Koizumi. You can’t trust her.

The nice 40s tailored looks in the beginning are high fashion than it descends into a complete sh!t show.

I really liked it! It feels fresh somehow! A bit messy (the multicolor crochet part) but the rest its quite nice... Very shootable... And the first part i could wear it anywhere
I liked it even more than jeremy Scott era for sure

I love Jeremy so I'm biased, but this was a very strange, sad show. He's not for everyone but underneath his tackiness there was always life and colour and joy. This just felt like they'd completely misunderstood who he was and what he made the brand become. It's the same criticism people have been having of Peter Do, really - the visuals were sort of similar but the essence was just gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BazzAstrall1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->