Most Irritating Fashion Personality

why sarah mower and candy pratts price? honest question, i don't know anything about them apart from what they write :smile:

^Listen to Candy speak and you will get it.

I agree with Leigh Lazark - Seriously, what the hell does she do!?

I don't like Emmanuelle either, its just her whole style and aesthetic I just can't stand for some reason.

Julia Frakes is an abomination:angry:

lastly one of the most stylish women in the world and British model of the year - Georgia May Jagger:rolleyes:

yeah CAHNdy's accent is annoying.I think she made it up herself haha

^ oh my god, definitely georgia may jagger! apart from being a rockstar's daughter, she showed up out of NOWHERE, had one like, denim campaign and got the cover of vogue and the title of best brit model. it's all so ridiculous and obvious!

Brad Goreski - I could only sit through 5 minutes of The Rachel Zoe Project, he is such an annoying little b!@$h.:yuk: and I hate the way he dresses too, he always looks so contrived and unoriginal.

Polly Vernon- she writes for the Guardian, among other publications. People like her are among the many reasons why non-fashion people think all people who love fashion are vapid, materialistic and conformist. I obviously don't know her in real life, but she does a great job of sounding like one of those sheep-like trend-wh*ores, attempted tongue-in-cheekness aside.

Julia Frakes- she sounds like a tween trying to use every multi-syllable word in the dictionary (literary family notwithstanding), and comes off as far too put-on and precious. And her name-dropping tendencies are so unsubtle, it's hilarious.
*Edited*

Terry Richardson- the man is capable of taking some really lovely photographs, but sexually harassing models (even the ones he works with on his personal photography projects) is absolutely disgusting, and what's even more disgusting is the number of fashion people who condone his behaviour. Pressuring a model to perform sexual favours while on the job on the pretext of making things sexy is just so wrong, I don't have the words for just HOW wrong it is.

Dree Hemingway- I bet Hemingway would be rolling in his grave if he saw what his genes could produce. She's a classic example of nepotism leading to opportunities in the fashion industry- barely able to form a coherent sentence. *Edited*

All the trust fund/washed-up-rock-star hipster babies playing at 'modelling'/DJ-ing/whatever- no one gives a f*ck about their generic taste in clothing or music or anything, including their self-absorbed 'interviews' in which they try to prove how great they are. Why does the fashion media even bother hyping them?

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't get the dislike for Emmanuelle Alt, but i suppose I'm bias because i actually love her

I Myself dislike : Tavi and BryanBoy. neither have style nor will they ever have it, Tavi is overrated and i totally don't understand the whole craze around her

^Listen to Candy speak and you will get it.

I don't like Emmanuelle either, its just her whole style and aesthetic I just can't stand for some reason.

Julia Frakes is an abomination:angry:

lastly one of the most stylish women in the world and British model of the year - Georgia May Jagger:rolleyes:

Totally agree, at first i thought she was Deaf with how she talks, Seriously :ninja:

I'm going to add Plum Sykes and Scott Schuman to my list. Plum Sykes's writing is cr*p and seems to be basically nothing but an excuse for her to tell mere mortals (us) about exactly how superior she is. Apparently, going to uni at Oxford is not always an indicator of having a functioning brain, or one that you use to do things other than condescend to other people and name-drop.

Scott Schuman....I actually liked his work once. Now it's just gone downhill over the last couple of years- sure he has a decent eye but he's only a mediocre photographer at best, and he doesn't help his case by sounding completely full of himself in all his interviews (after becoming the fashion world's favourite paparazzo, that is). He really seems to believe he's all that- UGH.

Bill Cunningham of the NYT is so much classier, and even though he was one of the earliest street style photographers, he doesn't behave as if he invented the concept (unlike Scott, who seems to have never heard of FRUiTS). Just to clarify, I love Mr Cunningham, I don't hate him! Just contrasting him and the Sartorialist, that's all.

i don't get the dislike for Emmanuelle Alt, but i suppose I'm bias because i actually love her

I Myself dislike : Tavi and BryanBoy. neither have style nor will they ever have it, Tavi is overrated and i totally don't understand the whole craze around her

I agree with these 2 as well. They're just a couple of trend followers. There are millions of them.

Tyra
Victoria Beckham.. her line is a blatant rip off of RM

I actually like Julia Frakes, she doesn't bother me and her style is quite lovely. Although, I have to agree Victoria Beckham has annoying style.

I can't stand Tavi either. She scares the bejeezus out of me. And I just don't "get" what she really has to offer.

Same thing with Julia Frakes.

Their writing are in a similar category for me - empty froth.

Charlotte Kemp Muhl, for being completely vapid and idiotic. On the basis of this, which I found by accident while clicking through NYMag archives:

http://nymag.com/fashion/lookbook/48662/index.html

Cristin of eatfreecake did a beautiful little evisceration of her and that interview (I suggest checking it out, I didn't hate Charlotte before but seriously, between the lookbook and the eatfreecake post, I nearly weed myself laughing).
Someone claiming to be Charlotte K-M then commented on the post saying she intended to be "ironic", but irony or not (seriously, is that an excuse to say anything stupid these days?), I think she still qualifies as massively irritating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to pick Heidi Klum. In the last years she has become more of an epitome of herself. Her shows are ridiculous so are her comments and advises. She went from being german to that digusting all american californian girl who wants to sell us that she is wonder woman. She doesn't have any style herself but constantly is trying hard to be IN.

Not sure if models count but I think Tyler Riggs is terribly annoying, and I also hate the way Vladimir Ivanov tries to seem super Russian by throwing on an accent everytime he says his name then all of a sudden he sounds like a typical California boy.

I mean they are both gorgeous but very annoying.

originally posted by Thanatos

Agree! there is nothing exciting about Leigh, she is just ordinary woman with flat black hair.

Terry Richardson- one word: disgusting.

Karl Lagerfeld- I just cannot stand him.

Tyra Banks- Shut up already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->