Mugler S/S 2012 Paris

this is surprisingly good, i'm shocked! way better than last season.

great great great !!!!! jackets are so cool; i love minimalist colors mixed with very sophisticated outlines

i quite like the clothes in this...it's easy to be distracted by the fact that formichetti is a bit of a twat...but beyond that there's some good stuff.

I'm actually digging this. Sure not the best colours and few looks that bulge in the wrong places. But I love the random cuts in the jacket and coats look like someone turned the material scraps on the floor that should have been thrown away into a statement piece.

S/S 12 looks like "futuristic clothes" were imagined 30 years ago...

Exactly! The first thing I thought of was Judy Jetson!! :lol: (Who was kind of sexy, BTW...)

judyjetsonlover.gif

coloring-pictures.net

Hum .. the big problem with this is .. I love the concept, but not the execution.

I mean, this is better than last season´s, but still is wrong. Its like looking at Helmut Lang or Martin Margiella nowadays .. there's something off and lacking and that makes me second-guess myself when Im holding the garment when buying it at some store.

I hope this improves.

I know its really easy to hate on this because, lets face it, Formichetti is pretty annoying. I have to say though, as derivative as it is, its a million times better than the last collection. Its more wearable and the pieces seem to have a lot more thought put into the design and construction.

I remember seeing the last collection hanging in Opening Ceremony and it was so ridiculous I couldn't even imagine their clientele buying it. This is definitely a step in the right direction.

I know its really easy to hate on this because, lets face it, Formichetti is pretty annoying. I have to say though, as derivative as it is, its a million times better than the last collection. Its more wearable and the pieces seem to have a lot more thought put into the design and construction.
This right here.

Except I don't think it's a million times better. Maybe 10 times better? :lol:
I do like a few of the dresses.

If this feels like Mugler at all, it feels a little like Limp Mugler, Mugler gone soft. I always picture Mugler as hard and sexy (remember Jerry Hall struting out on the Mugler runways?) - this is something entirely different.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->