Mugler Mens F/W 12.13 Paris

Better than last season for sure but I must say the choice in fabrics is horrendous!! Some of those pieces look really ill fitting!! Not flattering!!

you see, that's another issue for me. not even the fabrics are really interesting (shiny glitter fabric? what?)

the only remotely interesting combination would be that jacket made of that matte, rubbery material with the patent overlay on. but that's just ONE jacket out of a whole collection, which most pieces made of that shiny satin that Dior seems to be so fond of these days.

and i agree with Spike that it looks more designed, less styled. if it would have been just another 'styled' collection by Formichetti, i wouldn't even have bother commenting. at least the gimmicks are down.

I think if there were too many gimmicks and over-styling the designs would have been overshadowed. Maybe he wanted to emphasize on the fit and the silhouette more.

It reminds me a lot of Bottega Veneta F/W 12-13, especially those suits with the plastic patches. The early pieces are very interesting, though, and it's nice to see a new development in Mugler's style.

romain kremer must be one of the least talented people out there, he surely f'cked his way 2 the middle

Hahaha-- love that.

At least they've wised up to the trick that if you keep everything monochromatic, everything will look clean and sleek. Still rubbish though.

Why does everything Formichetti touches always look so cheap and costumey? Everything looks more like costumes than clothes. He may love fashion so much he has to destroy it-- as he claims-- but does that include "destroying" the classical technique of cut and fit? This collection looks as ill-fitting and as unskillfully-cut as anything sporting the new "Mugler" name. It just all looks so 3rd-year fashion student in it's design and execution. And like the designs of students still learning their craft, there's some potential there if I look hard enough-- and am generous enough. But why should I support him when he's already a big name with an even bigger attitude and ego, but his output is always so poor? I'd rather support an unknown name.

Looking at the new Rick Owens collection, I can't help but wonder how he would interpret, progress, innovate the Mugler aesthetic and legacy. I'm not a fan of Owens, but his designs, and skills, and genuine talent for deconstructing fashion, would be so interesting, and at the very least-- credible, if he were to be the creative helm at Mugler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->