1970s-1990s Thierry Mugler

Absolutely adore this thread... even if you don't like his aesthetic, you can't deny how beautifully crafted everything is. I remember i was at the salvation army a few years ago and came across this great mugler coat, big shoulders, nipped waist, amazing seaming details and topstitching.. 5$!!!

backstage photos from Thierry Mugler's f/w 1988/9 collection. from "War of the Poses: Hamish Bowles's Interpret-A-Porter" article by Hamish Bowles (for Harpers & Queen magazine?), 1988, photographs by Niall Mcinerney.
source: scan by me.

Thierry Mugler ads, photographed by Thierry Mugler, 1990.
source: scanned by me.

i'm sure i have some older ads somewhere too, i'll have to see if i can locate them. :blink:

a also have a lot of showimages...but i dont know how i can put them here!!!
:-(
i woud love to share them!!!!!

muglerette is the problem that you don't have credits for the showimages ? If that is the case you can upload them to a photosharing website and just post the links to the images here .. not the photos, just the link to the photos :flower:

Thierry Mugler ads, photographed by Thierry Mugler, 1990.
source: scanned by me.

*please do not quote images*

i'm sure i have some older ads somewhere too, i'll have to see if i can locate them. :blink:

amazing images Proximity - look forward to seeing those others! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
amazing images Proximity - look forward to seeing those others! ^_^

i hope i can find them! i can visualise them & remember which ads they are, but who knows where they're lurking, i can't see that i would have disposed of them. they're ads for earlier collections than the Naomi ones. it's going to bug me where they are now. :lol: :angry:

Kim Cattrals character in SATC wears a lot of Mugler suits (the zig zag ones), I tried locating some.. but failed miserably..

I believe this one

01_sexandthecity_lg.jpg

100207_sex12_200X400.jpg

is this one

2-1.jpg

45437_bb_ID_1988_03_MUGLER_FW88_COLLEZIONI_7_061_122_114lo.jpg

all these are by Thierry as well

SC_04771F.preview_0.jpg

100207_sex01_400X400.jpg

ep73_sam_carrie_bookpromo.jpg

and this dress is available on ebay :wink:

ep58_sam_poolhall.jpg

0acf_3.JPG

Credit: Celebutopia, Thaicatwalk, Ebay

Thierry Mugler 1995

Vogue italia, new trends report 1995:

Thierry Mugler

Mugler_1995_01.jpg

Mugler_1995_02.jpg
personal scans

thank you so much for the amazing pictures.....his anniversary was so great.....i am still looking for a video from his s/s 1994 show

He did costumes for Mylene Farmer for her tour in 1989
ec12.jpg
ec14.jpg
ec7.jpg

ec10.jpg
ec9.jpg

mylene.ru

Last edited by a moderator:
i knew he did mylene's costumes for that tour but i was never able to find pictures of the outfits. THANK YOU bedtime!!!

i don't think what he looks like naked is relevant for this thread. his body, his business. his brilliant design work is more worthy of our attention.

a/w 90 "anatomique computer" jacket
Images%5C2006-09-12__15-54-37Image1.GIF

antiquesandthearts.com

i don't think what he looks like naked is relevant for this thread. his body, his business. his brilliant design work is more worthy of our attention.
antiquesandthearts.com

yeah, you're totally right, but I was not afraid about him naked ^_^ I'm afraid about what he's doing with his life, of course it's not my biz but well, he was a genius! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->