my art show

cupkate

Reaction score
saturday night is my bfa graduating art solo show. i want to look special. problem being i haven't really thought of it until now because i've been focusing so much on the art.
another problem being i live in kentucky and my main stores to shop from would be macy's/banana/jcrew type stores.

any suggestions?
i'm up for anything really.

thanks so much.

Jcrew had some really cute dresses on their website.. give it a look :smile:

^
oo. I second that. Anthropologie has great stuff.

:buzz:

Aaahhh... you're so lucky... honestly- it's your evening, so I'd personally go totally crazy, and wear whatever it is, you've ever darn wanted to! Likely be vintage if it were my choice, or some wonderfully huge party dress of some sort... 'Course, I think that such a night should totally be about you, and your personal style.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
wow that's terrific!

the closest anthropolgie is in cincinnati and i won't have time to do that. i'm bummed because that's perfectly my style (a lot of my wardrobe already).

money really isn't an issue.

i thought this skirt was really pretty in the store. http://www.bananarepublic.com/brows...m?cs_catalog=BR_Summer1_2005&cs_category=2018
but i couldn't figure out what to wear on top. something super fancy since the skirt is so plain.

i love green. :smile:

oh and the type of art that i do is digital photo manipulation, video, and video installation. i've been meaning to post in the lookbook and i will after this show is said and done. my subject matter deals a lot with solidarity among a crowd.

thanks for your comments so far.

Since the skirt is so plain.. I'd try to search for a top that is very funky... It's an art show, afterall! :smile:

i'm really trying to stay away from black.
i think every show i've been to in my college career the artist has been wearing black.

my fear is that i'm just going to look like i'm going to work or church. i have this talent of making everything i wear, be it pants and a shirt or a cocktail dress, look at the same level of dressiness.

Hm... found these at Banana...

You can easily dress this one up or down... I like the back.
br291668-01p1.jpg

br294119-00p1.jpg

hum.. i like the white one a lot. i was there earlier and didn't see many dresses. i'll go back tomorrow. i was there 30 minutes before it closed so it was too much stress to think and the person who worked there wasn't dressed well enough for me to ask their help.

thanks for the suggestions. :smile:

I like this dress from J Crew for some reason!

62983_GR7103_SU05_m.jpg

I know it's black.. but i really like this betsey johnson
165064_fpx.tif

152451_fpx.tif

167435_fpx.tif

161081_fpx.tif

I really like the last one. :smile:

Ideally a gorgeously cut navy pant suit, I love pant suits on women, with crimson pointed toe stilettos, a crimson clutch and nothing underneath the suit top.

Banana Republic Seersucker, I think its more blue than gray. $108.00
br292550-00b.jpg

Option #1. Crimson open toe slingbacks. Steve Madden $79.95. Sandstone clutch, ideally a ivory or navy croc clutch. Banana Republic $24.99.
DAVINCI607.jpg
br282418-02p1.jpg

Option #2. Coral peektoe pumps. Steve Madden $79.95. Sequin and beaded clutch. Arden B. $48.00.

DEBONAIR827.jpg
34334164443.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->