Your Interior Decorating Style...

It looks like something you would find in a therapists office, in a good way (and very comfortable :wink:). I think the purple leather will fix that association though.:D

^ LOL ... I don't think therapists have furniture this good :wink: Maybe at home ... but a lot of them here anyway may not do all that well financially. Like some are unable to file (or keep filing) on their patients' insurance, but keep seeing them anyway.

I don't know if anyone really reclines at the therapist ... isn't that just something in cartoons? My impression anyway :wink:

I have some Art Deco furniture, the closest I come to modern ... and this is modeled on chaises from the 20s and 30s, primarily Le Corbusier. I wouldn't have thought to get this if I hadn't reclined in it ... :wub:

They have another one that's more of an art piece, a chaise made of standard wood pieces of other furniture that looks like a reassembled fossil skeleton, but is supposed to be very comfortable. I haven't tried it for myself ...

Here's the actual chair ... included some detail shots of the wood. It's beautiful, especially the wood, and beautifully smooth. It's comfortable, and smells faintly of leather (I'm surprised it's not more).

Attachments

• chair 3.JPG
    chair 3.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 9
  • chair 1.JPG
    chair 1.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 6
  • chair 2.JPG
    chair 2.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 5
bearcreekdoughbowls

I'm excited about this purchase ... more figured maple, so unlike me :wink: This is a hand-carved ambrosia maple bowl to hold some of my stone fruit collection.

Attachments

• Bear Creek Dough Bowl.jpg
    Bear Creek Dough Bowl.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 4
Elegant chair:P and this is nice. I've been looking at trays myself. There is an interesting collection at the supermarket here--it actually looks like a chest of drawers. I sometimes take my meals around the house so this is good.

Do any of you have stoves with no burners? A flat heating element. I have to regularly clean mine because what I cook overflows often, I think it's the way it heats.
I have tried several products and recently bought a oven cleaner which says it is actually not for the exterior of the oven or the heating elements --but my landlord swears by it that it works.

^ Hmm ... if you don't have it turned up too high, sounds like it's faulty. I have always had electric stoves so far ...

This is my latest dough bowl, with some of my stone fruit collection ... I want to buy more of this guy's work (different from the other one, as you can probably tell).

Attachments

• Dough bowl with stone fruit.JPG
    Dough bowl with stone fruit.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 5
Shabby chic beach house relaxed with some French Provincial vintage elements. My home is my sanctuary. Pretty much everything is aesthetically pleasing. I cherish everything I've collected immensely.

Shabby chic beach house relaxed with some French Provincial vintage elements. My home is my sanctuary. Pretty much everything is aesthetically pleasing. I cherish everything I've collected immensely.

I realized after getting my new chair (above) that I needed a little table to go next to it. Just found & ordered (what I think) is the perfect one. This is mid-century, birch root veneer + beech, Italian, and Biedermeier-inspired. I love the artisanal legs, and how it has the style but none of the heaviness or awkwardness of some Biedermeier, which I've always liked but never bought. There's a drawer in front, and the apron goes all the way around.

Vittorio Dassi table.jpg

1stdibs

I feel exactly the same way :flower: I spend a lot of time choosing things I really like, and then I never want to get rid of them--which is a good thing.

I had a 1950s wicker stool that I've been using as a temporary side table. Now I want to paint it black and put it in my bedroom and see how it works as a slipper chair. I often get dressed in the bath, and sitting on the commode lid to put my shoes on lacks a certain elegance :rofl:

I also want to replace my dining table and chairs. These were free to me when I got my first apartment, and I had everything slipcovered. I get compliments on the set still, but I think it's time for real furniture now :wink: Thinking of possibly getting a vintage table and new chairs.

I realized after getting my new chair (above) that I needed a little table to go next to it. Just found & ordered (what I think) is the perfect one. This is mid-century, birch root veneer + beech, Italian, and Biedermeier-inspired. I love the artisanal legs, and how it has the style but none of the heaviness or awkwardness of some Biedermeier, which I've always liked but never bought. There's a drawer in front, and the apron goes all the way around.

I love the color of the wood and the twisted legs on that table. :heart:

Here are some of my purchases since I posted last ... I am also looking for a very small table for my hallway for charging things. As you can see, I'm feeling the Swedish thing for awhile now ...recent purchases 2.jpg
recent purchases 3.jpg

1stdibs

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->