Naturalismo.

MulletProof

Reaction score
..also known as "new weird america".
this is a long overdue.. a few TFSers (strawberry, iperlchen, unspoiledbird, moi) have been going on around it for the past 2 or 3 years.. before the genre even got a name :angel: . but.. as AON experiencies a crisis of good music and discussions.. I concluded it was necessary to build a home for the homeless. :heart:

“My hero, my favorite musician, is Caetano Veloso. That’s my number one,” enthuses Devendra. “What gets me through a tour is listening to Caetano (slight pause) or Jorge Ben, Gilberto Gil, Os Mutantes, and all that. That’s what gets me through my life. Tropicalismo becomes this big part of my life and this big inspiration, so I started thinking about Naturalismo. That’s what we do – naturalism. I started talking to Andy (Cabic) from Vetiver about this. ‘What do you think about this? Naturalism is a good one, right?’ If we give them some alternatives then maybe people will start taking this seriously. It’s not going to happen with these humiliating, embarrassing, cheesy, tacky phrases like ‘freak folk.’ Then he says, ‘We don’t want to be anti-artifice. We don’t want to be against anything or elitist in any way.’ I agreed.” “Then I started thinking about something I’ve said in every interview, which is that everything is a derivative of nature. Everything. Even the most plastic, most synthetic things are derived from nature. The source of them is found in nature at some point. Naturalismo becomes a completely all-inclusive thing. If there’s one thing we can take from Tropicalismo, it’s this anthropophagic attitude towards the world.”

-Devendra Banhart

CERBERUS SHOAL/ LIVE AT BOTTOM OF THE HILL, SAN FRANCISCO 2005. :heart:

JOSEPHINE FOSTER.

foster1zk5.jpg

[singersong]

JACK ROSE. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
the best thing since sliced bread... sliced songs with layers of personality and charisma in between... music sandwiches.

i'll be back, but i'm damned if i'm letting this go unreplied to... again :ninja: :P

^please do, one-woman parties are no longer fun. :ninja: :lol:

THE CASTANETS- A SONG IS NOT THE SONG OF THE WORLD.

I love the castanets, I believe they were my first introduction to the 'genre' in 2003, I saw them playing at a local café and just fell in love with them (or should i say, him :mellow: :heart: )..

Last edited by a moderator:
Gone are the days of rainbows / Gone are the nights of swinging from the stars
For the sea will swallow up the mountains, and the sky will throw thunderbolts and sparks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannah Ursula
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->