Net-A-Porter

Tiffany7

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has ever shopped at the Net-a-Porter website?

I know their shipping costs are probably high to ship to the US compared to if you ordered something from the actual boutique in the US & paid their shipping costs but what Im wondering is if their costs of the items are higher, lower or the same as they would be in the boutiques?

Thanks for your help. :flower:

They can't be much higher...the good folk at Vogue shop at Net-A-Porter

actually they got pretty good prices.. because they sell online..
i think its much worth it to order from them.
i havent yet, just because what i want is always quickly sold out :cry: .

but i know a bunch of people who have and one who almost only shops there :ninja:

sometimes they got items that you cannot always find in the shops, so thats the advantage :flower:

i find them the most selective online site so far :heart:

Well... what I was thinking about getting is already all sold out but the shipping for it was around $50.00 USD! Thats just insane lol.
Ill just order directly from the store I think since the store is here in the US hee hee.

Thanks anyway everyone. :flower:

They're my favourite store!!. Coz I live in London the shipping is ultra quick - under two hours was my record time from order to delivery :woot:
The items come beautifully packaged, tissued, in dust bags then in lovely carrier with ribbon rosette on.

They're the best!

Yeah I suppose it would be great if you lived there but not so much for me in the US. :(
Oh well. :blush:

Originally posted by Tiffany7@Mar 19th, 2004 - 3:24 am
Yeah I suppose it would be great if you lived there but not so much for me in the US. :(
Oh well. :blush:
International shipping IS crazy. Airmail costs about 10$ a pound, plus registering and insurance and custom fees.

I try to avoid shopping from abroad if the sender cannot tick the "gift" box. If they tick "merchandising", the parcel has to go through customs... they always open it without taking any care and if the item is suspicious to them, youcan have a lot of trouble and even see how they return it to the seller or even worse, destroy it :cry:

The Postal Service is always begging people to be honest and tick "merchandising" when appicable, but with the custom police being so harsh, how can they expect us to not lie?

fyi-i love net-a-porter...they have great taste and buy some excellent pieces, so the selection is outstanding...however...shipping IS high,as you've discovered...and the prices are the same as boutiques except for the sale stuff...there's a pr of pants they still have for sale from last spring-they are reduced only 40%, i think, and i've had them since last spring (i also got them on sale here in NY) and have worn them for about a year already...so their sales are no bargains...

...the best thing about them....and what i really use them for...is for things that are not available in the US and for which i am willing to pay a premium because i love it so much...

my vanessa bruno-empire dress is from there...it wasn't sold in the us... :heart:

I love net-a-porter but everything sells out so fast I can barely stand it. There was a cute Chloe babydoll top that was selling at a very reasonable price (200 something USD) and I thought i would mull it over and i checked last night and all sizes were sold out! Things go there quick quick quick! I suppose for shipping purposes you could have a friend who lives in the UK get it and then send it to you and tick the 'gift' box.

Under 2 hours! That is amazing!

Originally posted by mehg@Mar 19th, 2004 - 12:04 pm
I love net-a-porter but everything sells out so fast I can barely stand it. There was a cute Chloe babydoll top that was selling at a very reasonable price (200 something USD) and I thought i would mull it over and i checked last night and all sizes were sold out! Things go there quick quick quick! I suppose for shipping purposes you could have a friend who lives in the UK get it and then send it to you and tick the 'gift' box.

oh-i saw that top...it's sold out?!.... :doh: ...wow, that was fast...

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 19th, 2004 - 5:09 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 19th, 2004 - 5:09 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mehg@Mar 19th, 2004 - 12:04 pm

oh-i saw that top...it's sold out?!.... :doh: ...wow, that was fast... [/b][/quote]
yes, most of their Chloe stuff is selling uber-quick. i saw an amazing pair of Chloe jeans with the double-braid waistband which were sexy and practical and they were almost all sold out, and a uber cute cheesecloth cowboy shirt also by Chloe which in the style I wanted was again, almost sold out. Very unhappy about it!

Originally posted by mehg+Mar 19th, 2004 - 7:41 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mehg @ Mar 19th, 2004 - 7:41 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 19th, 2004 - 5:09 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-mehg
@Mar 19th, 2004 - 12:04 pm

oh-i saw that top...it's sold out?!.... :doh: ...wow, that was fast...
yes, most of their Chloe stuff is selling uber-quick. i saw an amazing pair of Chloe jeans with the double-braid waistband which were sexy and practical and they were almost all sold out, and a uber cute cheesecloth cowboy shirt also by Chloe which in the style I wanted was again, almost sold out. Very unhappy about it! [/b][/quote]
thats the only downside about the site.. because they stock KEY items of each season, they sell out extreemely quick... but still in some cases they got more stock than the actual boutique...sometimes :rolleyes:

If theres something that was on the catwalk that you've got your eye on, email then and they'll let you know when it comes in - I found them to be very good at this.

Things sell out so very quick, but theres new stuff every week , so you might get lucky one day.... :innocent:

Lately I've been resorting to checking the site everyday for new stock because one never knows when new stuff will come in and at net-a-porter you have to stay on top to get what you want

Originally posted by mehg@Mar 23rd, 2004 - 6:48 pm
Lately I've been resorting to checking the site everyday for new stock because one never knows when new stuff will come in and at net-a-porter you have to stay on top to get what you want
They update once a week, usually Tues or Weds - I signed up for email newsletter coz this gets sent out the same day.

mehg does the smart thing. even though they say they update once a week, they do more than that.
they either restock an item which had been sold out for even with one or two new pieces every now and then.

i always check too :innocent:

Thanks Leyla :flower:
I went to the website before my nap because i was bored and when i get bored i go shopping online and it had been updated with one new thing and then i got bored again tonight and went back to the site and they had totally updated their stock for this week and already a few items were sold out in certain sizes! eek! They have some very cute stuff this week including a cute behnaz sarafpour mini bubble dress and a great Chloe cargo skirt.

im so glad they collaborated!
until today NETAPRTER is IMO the best fashion online shopping site on the web. :heart:
and i can only see it gettin better and better :woot:
im not sure they needed LANGUAGE NYC to help them out with their customer database, but if thats the case then thats even better :flower:

I agree with leyla. Net-A-Porter keeps on getting better and better.
This collaboration with Language puts them center on the online shopping map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->