vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Click to expand:

pi1KWjX3_o.jpg

CFDA.COM

Surprising calendar….
Toteme moved from Paris to NYC and Off White is in the US instead of Paris. No Altuzarra…

NYFW is still a non event but there are less and less staples of American fashion. Maybe we will have some creative surprises.

Helmut Lang isn't on the schedule. Interesting....
It’s looking like a flop already. Who is buying that anyway?

What I don’t get it. If Wintour is so powerful why she does not order to all big American designers to stay on NYFW. Why Tom Ford, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Vera Wang, Marc Jacobs and now even Donna Karen are not staples with Michael Kors, Carolina Herrera… It’s strange you must admit. If it continues like this, it’s losing importance. Very strage!

And where is Gabriela Hearst???

Last edited:
What I don’t get it. If Wintour is so powerful why she does not order to all big American designers to stay on NYFW. Why Tom Ford, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Vera Wang, Marc Jacobs and now even Donna Karen are not staples with Michael Kors, Carolina Herrera… It’s strange you must admit. If it continues like this, it’s losing importance. Very strage!

And where is Gabriela Hearst???
Those grown people aren’t children. They aren’t going to be ordered by someone who is not part of the strategy of a company to show in one city.
She may suggest things (she suggested to Jacquemus to have 1 show in NYC) but those are important decisions that are within the company.

And she uses her influence when she is sollicited otherwise it’s intrusion.

The problem in NYFW is not the presence or absence of big names as NYFW speaks to the domestic American market primarily and the big brands that have a business worldwide will have a showroom in Paris or Milan (Ralph Lauren). The problem is the lack of good, quality fashion.

Nobody is going to NYFW anyway with those people, nobody would even care to look at it.

Sad sad list… The most exciting show will be Giorgio Armani and that will come well after…

The big names that are still showing in NY should relocate to Milan or Paris. Most of the brands are unheard of, at least for me. Decided to check "Who Decides War" was about ... A waste of fabric and resources

The former giants like Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, and Donna Karan are now just licensing brands for Macy’s, so those American designers looking to retain a luxury cachet have fled for Milan (Ralph Lauren) or Paris (Thom Browne, The Row). The biggest names still showing in New York reek of “outlet mall aspirational” (Tory Burch, Michael Kors, Coach), so it’s no wonder the event is limping along.

New York should try to bring in those more accessible (read: affordable) brands and smaller houses that are lost in the shuffle of the big houses with the lure of more visibility. Lacoste, Onitsuka Tiger, or Y-3 should be perfect for New York. Even Diesel. Same goes for Vivienne Tam, Undercover, or even Acne Studios. Let them be the lead actors of New York rather than just the extras to Paris’ superstars.

Lacoste, Onitsuka Tiger, or Y-3 should be perfect for New York. Even Diesel. Same goes for Vivienne Tam, Undercover, or even Acne Studios. Let them be the lead actors of New York rather than just the extras to Paris’ superstars.
yeah they should focus on luring in mid high street brands in new york fashion week so we dont end up with so many unknown nepo babies.

With a schedule like that, NYFW is basically dead!
I think change is inevitable and the schedule was bound to change with the passage of time especially considering NY is where many start their journey. What remains to be seen is whether they can live up to the momentum or become one of the caricatures of American fashion that we have seen lately showcasing at NYFW. NY without RL, Tommy, Marc Jacobs or even Donna Karan lacks that 2000s NYFW glory but its not new, many of those are now showing at different times/cities.

Tommy Hilfiger to show aboard the MV John F. Kennedy on September 8:

This calendar is depressing. 90% of the entire roster are microbrands. This is a sign of an extremely unhealthy ecosystem.

Wow , NYC Fashion week is like LA fashion week lol , what a steep decline. I remember I use to wait for NYC fashion week on here back in the mid late 2000s till even 2013 it was fine than it just nose dived. Marc Jacob's opulent shows were the center piece but now his shows are just blah

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evf1029
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->