Nicolas Andreas Taralis S/s 2005

Spacemiu

Reaction score
:heart:

taralis-1.jpg
taralis-2.jpg

taralis-3.jpg
taralis-4.jpg

Well,the presentation alone reminds me alot of a couple Martin Margiela shows.

As for the clothes,I can't really make a formal opinion from these images. Otherwise,they too look alot like the style of MM.

the first batch if imagges isn't posting for me... :(
can't really judge from the few i can see...

thx for the topic space...i don't know his work...is there a website?... :flower:

Thanks for the photos.

Very Hedi actually...
Since his departure, Dior homme has changed a lot.
It shows that the wonderful collections of Dior homme (Luster, Strip) were really thanks to him.

Originally posted by mofo@Oct 30 2004, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the photos.

Very Hedi actually...
Since his departure, Dior homme has changed a lot.
It shows that the wonderful collections of Dior homme (Luster, Strip) were really thanks to him.

[snapback]411571[/snapback]​

oh it's the guy that worked with hedi...i remember now...isn't he really tall?...
i have to say...i really can't see the clothes very well...but those bandeau tops are bugging me....
love the skinny pants though... :flower:

I never knew that. I had heard of this guy before but never knew he was at Dior Homme.

I correct myself when I say this would look like MM. Actually,now that look more closely,alot of it resembles the work of Carol Christian Poell,more so. Still,I'd have to see more for that to be valid assesment.

How cool... I like the presentation. Anything out of the ordinary is always interesting to me.

One comment: those tiny tubes! Goodness!

can't wait what he has to offer for the upcoming fall winter shows

some individual pieces from the collection are pretty nice, actually, very wearable!
thanks for posting!

has anyone got anymore pics?...

Thought I´d probably revive this thread, now that people are talking about Kris Van Assche once again ;-)

I actually saw some of these pieces in the look book, the last jacket is totally stunning, somewhere in between a motorcycle and cutaway jacket - it´s made of bleached black denim and the back is partly woven in the same denim, absolutely superb detailing! I liked how he kept the collection small and focussed - a straight colour story (silver, grey, black, white, some printwork), very wearable but edgy.

I´m a bit reluctant to go with the idea that he was the drive behind the H/W 2003 and S/S 2004 collections for Dior Homme, only time will tell how he will evolve but so far I like most of what I can see.

He didn´t do a collection for F/W 2005, sadly, but I´m told he´ll be back for the S/S 2006 collections - I´ll have a closer look then!

The presentation makes it hard to really see anything, I'd like to see more photos--but thanks for the ones you provided, Space.
Looks very basic, nothing I'd want to spend a lot of money on.

OK, I just visited a store in Hamburg today that was actually brave enough (and well informed) to carry Taralis collection - as far as I was told by the owner, this S/S 2006 collection never made it to the salesfloor, and all they had left was a pair of heavy anthracite wool felt trousers with narrow legs from his debut collection, F/W 2004... it was a small size (french 36) so I gave them a try.... the fitting was just BEYOND amazing on me, normally I detest wearing tailored pants because there is too much fabric on the thigh, but these ones were just as skinny as a pair of very narrow jeans, yet very comfortable to wear. The only thing that made me hesitate to purchase these trousers was the very warm, slightly itchy wool flannel - probably due to the climate, as it was very hot inside the store.

It´s also very remarkable to add that the trousers came packed in a sleek, long black carton, discreetly embossed with the designers initials in silver, wrapped in tissue - I was obviously very nicely surprised by the attention to detail and quality, everything was very well made and of flawless quality... I´ve got very high expectations on him and will definitely check back for S/S 2006!

The only thing I´ve got my doubts on; if this is actually a women´s collection, I doubt there are a lot who could actually fit this as it was very narrow fitted... it´s definitely not a collection for a girl with curves - As far as I was told by the shop owner, half of the collection was sold to skinny men, so I´d say this is a similar approach as with Helmut Lang and Dior Homme in terms of the proportions.

sounds very interesting...anyone with a few links or pictures :smile:

ok, he has a site, no worries :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->