Numéro #124 June / July 2011 : Daphne Groeneveld by Greg Kadel

I love Jourdan, but she looks really sleepy and lackluster.

^ Really? To look sleepy and lackluster? To be dead in the eyes and look bored? Well they achieved that for sure. Great concept because I'm bored looking at it.

^ i understand where ur comin from, but im pretty sure they informed her of what she should do for the editorial...not every editorial has to be the same

Thank heavens for Lea T and Jessica Miller just about saving this issue.
Daphne and Hailey both look mighty scary in their editorials and although Jourdan's edit. is very beautiful, it is slightly lacklustre.
Just watched Daphne's video at MDC and it confirms everything I thought about her.:ninja:

^ i understand where ur comin from, but im pretty sure they informed her of what she should do for the editorial...not every editorial has to be the same

i dont think that's what they were trying to say. she does look really dead, and even if it was the point. it doesn't come across well in print. She looks gorgeous everywhere except the eyes...

numero is always top notch, but this issue feels a little heavy in the overstyled sense.

It's a pleasure to see Jourdan but that is one super-uninteresting editorial. But I think the overall uninterestingness comes from Liz Collins, who's work has never really resonated with me..

It's a pleasure to see Jourdan but that is one super-uninteresting editorial. But I think the overall uninterestingness comes from Liz Collins, who's work has never really resonated with me..

I agree with you partially. Indeed, it is a pleasure to see Jourdan. Though it's incomparable, her work in i-D's Exhibitionist issue set a new benchmark when it comes to Jourdan and editorials, as far as I'm concerned. ^_^

Daphne's editorial seems so useless to me. She has such an amazing and unique facial features, but her facial expressions are always so bland, she should work with it more.
Lea's ed seems to be the strongest and the best, she has been growing on me lately. :heart:

Thank heavens for Lea T and Jessica Miller just about saving this issue.
Daphne and Hailey both look mighty scary in their editorials and although Jourdan's edit. is very beautiful, it is slightly lacklustre.
Just watched Daphne's video at MDC and it confirms everything I thought about her.:ninja:

What video? What does MDC mean? sorry :wink:

"Sale Gosse"
Model: Jessica Miller
Photographers: Sean + Seng
Stylist: Franck Benhamou
Hair: Franco Gobbi
Makeup: Lloyd Simmonds
Manicure: Christina Conrad

imcmagazine.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads