Numéro #223 June/July/August 2021 by Lusha Alic, Yulia Gorbachenko & Lee Wei Swee

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cover #1 with Jorja Smith by Lusha Alic:

Cover #2 with Mayowa Nicholas by Yulia Gorbachenko:

Is this their first celebrity cover?

love the second cover...

Mayowa needs to be more ubiquitous. I have yet to see a bad picture of hers.

As beautiful as Jorja is, her cover really was unneccessary next to that striking image of Mayowa.

The background location on Mayowa's cover reminds me of Zara S/S Campaign.
Mayowa looks amazing!!

I like both, but the second cover takes the W here.

Very strong shot of Mayowa. She needs to be everywhere, I agree.

This is the info of Birgit cover:

Photo de couverture : Lee Wei Swee. Réalisation : Samuel François. Birgit Kos chez Elite Paris porte une robe en résille de strass, PRADA. Coiffure : Pierre Saint Sever avec Dyson chez Art Board. Maquillage : David Lenhardt chez Agence Saint Germain. Manucure : Lora de Sousa.

From Numéro website

Babeth may not be the best stylist (even if she was very very influential) but nobody can deny her eye for photography.
Numéro has always kept it standards when it comes to talents. It’s always sleek and well executed plus, to her credit, the up and coming photographers have somehow always delivered more than some established ones (Mondino I’m talking to you!).
Birgit has the best cover mainly because it fits with the theme of the issue.

Mayowa is stunning and consistent but it doesn’t work for the cover. The same for Jorja.

Babeth may not be the best stylist (even if she was very very influential) but nobody can deny her eye for photography.
Numéro has always kept it standards when it comes to talents. It’s always sleek and well executed plus, to her credit, the up and coming photographers have somehow always delivered more than some established ones (Mondino I’m talking to you!).
Birgit has the best cover mainly because it fits with the theme of the issue.

Mayowa is stunning and consistent but it doesn’t work for the cover. The same for Jorja.

I agree with you @Lola701 is one of the few titles that didn't give up their DNA and aesthetic to look like a indie magazine, so they are true to themselves. It's true sometimes i wish a refresh of the art direction but after all these years they are consistent and of course it's not perfect but it's one of the few magazines that provide great stories.

I agree with you @Lola701 is one of the few titles that didn't give up their DNA and aesthetic to look like a indie magazine, so they are true to themselves. It's true sometimes i wish a refresh of the art direction but after all these years they are consistent and of course it's not perfect but it's one of the few magazines that provide great stories.

The problem with Numero is that it became a victim of it success in the industry. So somehow, the magazine is even more niche than before and had kinda becomes a wonderful business card for Babeth, her talents and the owner.

Babeth has a vision, an eye for photographers and while her magazine at the beginning wasn’t necessary different from what Carine tried to do with CRFB or even Katie tried to do with LOVE, in the sense that it was a vanity project done with friends, her love for fashion and photography triumphed and it was really audacious.

But ultimately, all the talents she discovered or showcased first (M&M, Akrans, Kadel, Sundsbo...etc) became household names and suddenly, the Numero aesthetic became diluted a bit everywhere.

But I think we should really applaud her for keeping her standards. Numéro is still about great models, good photography and it’s still one of that counts for people in fashion.

But I wish she would go back to the formula of the early days sometimes...mixing old generation with new generation. Very big superstars models...
The problem is that it sounds very nostalgic and not exciting at all after all...

Even if it's nostalgic it's a good resource of imagery month after month....i think in general (not CN mags) they start as a vanity project in a way that someone has a vision and they pursued it. it's undeiable the credits that having your own magazine can give you, big or small. Just after reading this thread went to the Numero website to see the covers and yes maybe it changed because fashion changed too but she can bring a little of her formula back, i think now it's the time.

Carine should wake up and bring what she can do best. I like the new format and paper of CRFB, and stop trying to be something she is not. if no look at Antidote magazine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->