Nylon April 2007 : Christina Aguilera

why, oh why, didn't they put charlotte on the cover? honestly, that would make a lot more sense to me than christina aguliera .. at this point, nylon should be trying to redeem themselves ..

does anyone know who makes the sunglasses in the second photo in "luck of the draw"?

wow. the cover really sucks. they could have had done something a lot more original and cool with her.

^at least they didn't use the stark white background they've been doing for like a year though..but yeah, bad cover

i'll probably end up getting this soley for charlotte :heart:. . . i love the style of the pics!

charlotte shoud have gotten the cover,would have been more nylon that way.
christina's been on every cover,i cant see any more of her

can somebody please post cory kennedy's article?:smile:

La bordélique said:
Charlotte's editorial reminds me of a Helmut Lang ad.

^ Agreed.

I really dislike Christina's cover, but the photography is great on Charlotte's ed. I'm looking forward to seeing more, particularly the Jarvis Cocker content! :woot: :flower:

When I think of Nylon, I think of things to do with rock and indie stuff. Christina is NOT affiliated with any of these areas.

Her cover best suits something like "Elle" or "Cosmopolitan" - not an edgy magazine like Nylon.

I hate the cover - Charlotte should have been on the cover!

good idea, TheKiwi! thanks for their email address. i'm typing mine write now.

could anyone please post the pics of Christina?
might get this for a friend (who's a big fan of Christina) if the pics are good :smile:

uggghhhh the picture of Christina is absolutely lovely, but it should absolutely not be Christina. I dont dislike Christina its just that Im indifferent towards her. I dont care to read any articles about her cause Im not into her music. And since Im sure most people who read Nylon feel the same its clearly just a sell out tactic to get more people to buy the mag.

In the February thread someone said this: "Nylon is just like any other mag, they want to sell copies; and right now Sienna is hot whether you like it or not, so they decided to put her on the cover." and the sad thing is that its true. It shouldnt be but it is. I would think that they would care more about being respectable than they would about being "hot".

the bummer is that I think the contents are great and covers like these are very out of character to the rest of the magazine. Which is why Ill prolly buy it anyway :( I lose respect for them but ill still buy it.

ALSO!!! this completely reminds me of what Elijah Woods said in March's issue (awesome article btw) he's talking about how mtv2 or maybe Fuse was just another sell out tv station like mtv and he says "I mean, if you're going to be the competition BE THE F***ING COMPETITION"

First Avril Lavigne? Now Christina Aguilera?

Now don't get me wrong, both have...unique.... fashion sense. But really, Nylon should feature more girls like Zooey Deschanel and Chloe Sevigny and Agnes Bruckner.

Cosette said:
good idea, TheKiwi! thanks for their email address. i'm typing mine write now.

i'd love to read what you sent to them :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->