Nylon April 2007 : Christina Aguilera

the cover looks like it was made in the late 90s "genie in the bottle" stuff

cutxpaste said:
i'd love to read what you sent to them :flower:

There's actually a letter to the editor in the magazine complaining about the cover girls as of late. I don't think it's the first time I've read a complaint like that recently, either. It doesn't seem like they're putting it into action, though. Disappointing. This issue's not all that great, the highlights of it for me were already posted (the Anna Mikhaylik editorial as well as Charlotte Gainsbourg). Even the girls from Grindhouse would've been refreshing cover girls. I don't know, I think they know that the majority of the readers will continue reading it, despite who's on the cover. I know I complain but I'll still read it, as will many others. I think these kinds of girls are still going to wind up on the covers every once in awhile. It seems like they're trying to blend in with the more mainstream magazines and girls like Christina and Avril sell. Wish Nylon was as loyal to their readers as the readers are to them.

Also, somebody asked something about Cory Kennedy, and I didn't notice anything by her in it, not that I'm complaining. And looking at the table of contents, I noticed Ellie (Stacey Farber) from Degrassi: the Next Generation is an intern for Nylon!

Last edited by a moderator:
cutxpaste said:
i'd love to read what you sent to them :flower:

Dear NYLON,

I just saw your latest issue, the one with Christina Aguilera on the
cover. I have to say that I am so, so dissapointed with you NYLON!
I've been a reader of NYLON for years, and usually worship your
magazine. But Christina Aguilera on the cover?!? I mean COME ON!
She is on every other magazine cover in the US. Why must she DISgrace
your cover too? You usually pick cover stars that are indie and
original. Christina is neither. Charlotte, who also had an editorial
in this issue, would have made a much better and more deserving cover
star!

Thanks,
Aimee

I'm surprised NYLON decided to put Christina on the cover, but more importantly, Charlotte looks great!!!!!

Just got this issue in the mail. I'm not sure if anyone's posted any contents yet, so here's a quick summary of the models that are featured: Rachel (New York Model Management), Jenny (Elite), Anna Mikhaylik (Next), Naya (IMG), Alexandra Richards (Next), Olya (One), Angelika (Marilyn), Jo Talka (Elite).

Then there is, of course, the features on Christina Aguilera, Charlotte Gainsbourg, and the girls of Grindhouse (Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Sydney Poitier, and Jordan Ladd). There are also stories on a few bands, namely Bright Eyes, Modest Mouse, and Amy Winehouse, among others. My scanner isn't the best quality but if any of you want to see any of these, I'd be happy to scan them. :flower:

And finally, my thoughts on the issue: Nylon is one of my favorite magazines of all time, but this was a disappointment. My friend and I both agreed that there weren't nearly enough editorials, which is one of Nylon's fortes usually -- there's one on Anna Mikhaylik, but that's about it.

"Luck of the Draw"
Photographed by Clare Shilland
Styled by Leith Clark
Modeled by Anna Mikhaylik at Next

(my scans)

Christina is so fresh and beautiful......
I love her so much...It's much better than the B2B styling.....
She look amazing here

I don't hate Christina... :ninja:
but I don't understand the recent cover choices either!

The Charlotte pictures are really great:heart:

I couldn't believe it when I saw that Charlotte's interview wasn't even a page long. :blink:

It didn't hurt my feelings at all not to see a pointless Cory Kennedy article though.

polka_dot said:
I couldn't believe it when I saw that Charlotte's interview wasn't even a page long. :blink:

It didn't hurt my feelings at all not to see a pointless Cory Kennedy article though.

Agreed to all of this.

http://community.livejournal.com/xtina_aguilera/1651581.html?#cutid1

I've read somewhere that Rose Byrne features on this issue, can you scan the pages pleasssse :smile: ?

clarissea said:
I've read somewhere that Rose Byrne features on this issue, can you scan the pages pleasssse :smile: ?

I've found them but thanks :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->