Nylon June/July 2004 : Avril Lavigne

I don't read Nylon and I don't know anything about Avril.
but I think I like this cover :P
she looks cute there and the pose is somewhat fun.

Originally posted by brian@May 22nd, 2004 - 10:49 pm
eeww!!
nylon, what have you done to yourself?
i am very sad about this whole avril thing.
nylon was never about that :\
nylon needs to focus on the great talented artists who gain little or no recognition. in my opinion they should've put harry on that cover instead of avril.

pix7_large.jpg
yeah... :woot: definitely Harry... her first album rocks... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@May 22nd, 2004 - 8:03 pm
but i much prefer her to the blonde bimbo phenomenon and the over-tanned trash that's out there...i actually like her look and she doesn't look like everyone else that the media shoves down our throats...
but htat's the thing...she IS one of THEM...u know...fake, bimbo inside, dumb, pop producing crap...her look is unique, but she overdoes it but havin her so called 'unique' style...every teen in oz has that style...she supposedly doesn't care about her image but her album is scattered with "beauty" photos of her...i mean, if you picked up proper music, you wouldn't really see that...eg, the white stripes, norah jones...and this is the thing...she goes againest everything she stands for, everything she says she's gone againest...

sorry, spaz attack! btu yeh...haven't ever bought nylon so i couldn't tell ya much...

Originally posted by Amelié+May 23rd, 2004 - 9:37 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amelié @ May 23rd, 2004 - 9:37 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@May 22nd, 2004 - 8:03 pm
but i much prefer her to the blonde bimbo phenomenon and the over-tanned trash that's out there...i actually like her look and she doesn't look like everyone else that the media shoves down our throats...
but htat's the thing...she IS one of THEM...u know...fake, bimbo inside, dumb, pop producing crap...her look is unique, but she overdoes it but havin her so called 'unique' style...every teen in oz has that style...she supposedly doesn't care about her image but her album is scattered with "beauty" photos of her...i mean, if you picked up proper music, you wouldn't really see that...eg, the white stripes, norah jones...and this is the thing...she goes againest everything she stands for, everything she says she's gone againest...

sorry, spaz attack! btu yeh...haven't ever bought nylon so i couldn't tell ya much... [/b][/quote]
i couldn`t agree with you more. shes just like the rest of them. its an image she got from the record company..

it is infuriating to hear avril go on rants about how her style and music are differnt as though she is rebelling from the norm.It is so obnoxious and calculated.She really bothers me.

Originally posted by zoelemon@May 23rd, 2004 - 7:04 pm
it is infuriating to hear avril go on rants about how her style and music are differnt as though she is rebelling from the norm.It is so obnoxious and calculated.She really bothers me.
Me too. If you ask me, she is no different from the rest.....a poseur at that.
And about her "unique style".....well I can say that I have seen her so-called 'style of her own' on every wannabe rocker there is out there.

Pompous,obnoxious,full-of-herself crap--yes,that describes our Avril perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->