Off-White F/W 2019.20 Paris

I wish i could understand this even just a little bit . he seems a nice guy and it’s quite an amazing success story, but none of this says anything to me . Literally nothing .

Tacky and unflattering. Everything reminds me of faux leather car upholstery.

There are some okay pieces but then they are borrowed from other brands. Did Celine did those furry shoes like ages ago? Some of the flattering looks are such non-event designs.

Really if this is shown in New York, it still wouldn't have been a top show.

Some of it isn't bad actually but I always am suspicious of where the designs are from, ever since Virgil got exposed for plagiarizing a young unknown designer for his last menswear collection.

Something about what Virgil does never speaks to me, I'm not sure what it is. His shoes with Nike, which are simply redesigns of Jordans and their old shoes, always get a Sneaker of the Year nomination. I don't get it. The younger generation and people from Hypebeast and Complex trip over their feet for Virgil though.

it is hard to understand why people are interested in this manufacturer of landfill.
its not fashion.
its not good.
its less than zero.
i hope its the last season we have to look at this.
it will hopefully disappear as hard and fast as it appeared.

I didn't have to zoom in but a lot of the clothes are very poorly constructed, I mean the fit on those dresses is HORRIFYING and I say this with the strongest of words. I like his work at LV but now I am thinking the better tailoring there is largely due to access to the experienced ateliers at LV who are deft at hand in terms of tailoring. These pieces look done by him and his own team and its a piss poor job. This is a B grade college-level fashion student's work. This does not belong on a Paris runway, I would not even put this on a LA fashion week runway for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->