ooops ..the worst dressed for 2005 list

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
here it comes, re-posted from cnn, original from Reuters
story.britney.olsen.ap.jpg

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters)
- -- Pop singer Britney Spears Tuesday topped an annual Hollywood worst-dressed list compiled by a fashion designer who called her an "over-the-hill Lolita."
Mr Blackwell's list, which also slammed starlets Mary-Kate Olsen, Jessica Simpson, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton, summed up 2005 as a particularly bad year for "couture chaos, wardrobe wrecks and stylistic sleaze."
Spears, who gave birth to her first child last year, has been a favorite on Blackwell's list for the past five years. He described her Tuesday as going from "princess of pop to the ultimate fashion flop."
The self-appointed fashion guru's lists are a Hollywood tradition. Over the years they have poked fun at everyone from Queen Elizabeth to Elizabeth Taylor.
In his 46th report, Blackwell said that Olsen, 19, who with her twin, Ashley Olsen, heads a multimillion-dollar entertainment empire appealing to young girls, looked "depressingly decayed" in her "bag lady rags."
He called Simpson, 25, a "cut-rate Rapunzel slingin' hash in a Vegas diner" and said Lohan, 19, was "drowning in grown-up groaners" that added 30 years to her looks.
Blackwell said hotel heiress Hilton looks "like yesterday's cheesecake," criticized "Desperate Housewives" television star Eva Longoria for "garish taste" and described Oscar winner Renee Zellweger as looking like a "painted pumpkin on a pogo stick."
Blackwell urged the women on his list to emulate the "effortless beauty and memorable style" of Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Kate Moss, Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman and Dionne Warwick.
Blackwell's worst-dressed women of 2005 are:
1) Britney Spears
2) Mary-Kate Olsen
3) Jessica Simpson
4) Eva Longoria
5) Mariah Carey
6) Paris Hilton
7) Anna Nicole Smith
8) Shakira
9) Lindsay Lohan
10) Renee Zellweger
Copyright 2006 Reuters. All rights reserved.

i dont even know how most of them dress (eva Longoria/ mariah carey/ shakira) but the rest absolutely deserve their place in this list

Last edited by a moderator:
I think MK shouldn't be on the list.

And Renee, her style is boring but not the worst.

The rest I agree.

I don't think Renee Zellweger or Eva Longoria(though I don't like her) is that bad at all....

But Britney at #1 is defnitley fitting.

Britney just had a baby! If you were a new mother who is not in the best shape of her life, who breastfeeds and has KFed for a husband (god forbid), would you be tooting around in brand new designer duds? I don't have any special affinity for her, but i think she should be cut some slack.

I would love to give Brit the benefit of the doubt, but new mother or not, why can't the woman throw on a bra? Gross.

And she knew K-Fed was a bag of douche when he left a pregnant Shar Jackson for her.

I have no sympathy.

UniqueChic said:
Britney just had a baby! If you were a new mother who is not in the best shape of her life, who breastfeeds and has KFed for a husband (god forbid), would you be tooting around in brand new designer duds? I don't have any special affinity for her, but i think she should be cut some slack.

Yeah right... we've seen her before being pregnant and she looked the same old crap.... the girl could not dress to save her life....

anyone has the best dressed list??

I also agree with Britney being number 1, it's not because you are a new mother that you have to let yourself go to a point that Paris Hilton has more than style than you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but having a baby does not stop you from brushing your hair once in a while, or even just sometimes cleaning your face. i'm not asking for much, oh and a bra. :flower:

I think the list is fairly accurate , though I dont think Zelwegger has ever worn anything particualry offensive ( well not bad enough to land her in top 10)

i think mariah carey isnt bad she only sometimes need the bra!!and britney spears deserves the spot she was a worst dresser for a looong time i tell u before her marriage even!
lindsay lohan i guess the blonde hair doesnt suit her at all really..dats why!

I don't think MK, Eva Longoria or Lindsay Lohan should be on that list. They looked fab last year.

I definitly agree with Eva Longoria on the list... she looks tack-o-rama.

Lena said:
Blackwell urged the women on his list to emulate the "effortless beauty and memorable style" of Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Kate Moss, Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman and Dionne Warwick.

Ummm, am I the only one who caught this? :blink:

liberty33r1b said:
oh, and i forgot: hahahahhaha, Lindsay!!!!

:D joining liberty for a laugh
i think its a really good list, even though i could throw some more 'contemporary style symbols' in.. :evil:

I don't think Lindsay deserves to be on the list. Her style is trendy and boring, but not tacky. Now Hillary Duff on the other hand...

Fabulyss said:
Ummm, am I the only one who caught this? :blink:

Dionne Warwick! That jumped out at at me too. Maybe he calls the psychic hotline a lot and this was his way of giving her a shout out.

Zellweger and Lohan? I'm surprised, especially with Renee... :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->