Orphan Black

AgrenateD

Reaction score
i searched this forum to see whether there's already a thread and i'm sort of hurt no one has created one yet :lol: but this has got to be the most ridiculously brilliant show that has ever premiered on cable tv in a very long time. it currently airs on BBC America and Space in Canada.

collider

essentially it's a sci fi series, but the core of the show delves into a deeper jumble of highly debatable subjects like individuality, ethics, bio-engineering and the old nature vs nurture argument. its lead is Tatiana Maslany who plays con artist/hustler Sarah Manning, who assumes the identity and life of her clone after seeing her commit suicide by jumping off a train platform. Sarah then becomes entangled in a conspiracy involving herself and including her other clones.

iboughtaf*ckingateautumblr

this show is starting to have a cult following and i do believe the viral attention and word-of-mouth by every screaming fangirlandboy on the internet's one of the major reasons why its has garnered such incredible momentum despite the initial low viewership. WARNING: the show is dangerously addictive, and people have been reported to watch the entire 10 episodes on season 1 in one sitting :lol:

can't wait for season 2 next year and congratulations to Tatiana again for winning the Critic's Choice Award for Best Actress In A Drama Series :clap::blush:

I'm glad Tatiana has finally been recognized for her performace: being able to portray 6 different characters in a complete different way is a very hard task and I don't think many actresses could have pulled it off as brilliantly as she did. I started watching the show and, at first, I thought it was just a better copy of Ringer, but after a couple of episodes I realized that it was a complete different story. Easily one of the best TV show of 2013. Can't wait for the second season :clap:

she just finished a live chat session with LATimes a few minutes ago and i was lucky enough to have joined, i am so fangirling right now :rofl: she said she created playlists for the clones to portray them better; showtunes for Alison, The Clash and Dizzee Rascal and some punk for Sarah and Grimes and Diplo and electronic music for Cosima. unf great taste in music :wub:

they've got two more nominations going, Television Critics' Association in August, New Program of the Year for OB and Individual Achievement in Drama for her. this show's doing the circuit now. hopefully those Emmy snobs will take notice :lol:

This show is brilliant! Watched the entire season in 3 days, I was so hooked!!

i searched this forum to see whether there's already a thread and i'm sort of hurt no one has created one yet :lol:
I wanted to start this thread, but I was afraid no one was going to care; so, I left it alone.:lol:

I love this show. I truly thought Tatiana was English, until I watched her behind the scenes interview on BBC America where I found out she was Canadian. Fooled me.:blink:
My favorite character is definitely Helena.

best new show in ages! I am positively obsessed! I can't believe how well she plays the characters so differently. Sometimes I honestly forget that it's the same person. I'm also very glad that the show (& obvs Tatiana) is getting the recognition it deserves, especially considering that it isn't on a major network.

I've just finished the first season and it's amazing. I know it's been renewed but does anyone know when a second season will air?

I've just finished the first season and it's amazing. I know it's been renewed but does anyone know when a second season will air?

there's no set date yet but i think they're slating it for spring 2014. ugh what a long wait :( :doh:

Ive watched 2 season like in one week :D i liked the show, a lot:smile:

You'd never want to go wrong with Tatiana Maslany! :D

Really love this series to the core, and I have finished 18 eps (the full Season 1 + 8 Season 2), I need to binge two more before Season 3 starts. Really love the characters, especially Delphine, Helena and (now) Gracie.

Btw, Zoe de Grand Maison (the one who plays Gracie) gives me Chloe Moretz vibe for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->