Oscar de la Renta Resort 2016

marcBarna

Reaction score
By Jessica Iredale
Peter Copping’s creative direction at Oscar de la Renta is still in its infancy, as he discovers the world of the late designer and how to treat it. Resort was Copping’s second collection — third if you count bridal — for the house, and he used it to explore one of de la Renta’s signature motifs — bright color — through the lens of his favorite places. “I really wanted to marry two of Oscar’s worlds, New York City and Punta Cana,” Copping said. It goes without saying that de la Renta’s love for unapologetic femininity, which Copping shares, was also a major factor.

Beach colors of marigold, magenta, persimmon and marine blue were used in bold floral prints and embroideries, sometimes in tandem on printed dresses with embroidered over-bodices. Copping tends toward a light construction, which refreshed neat daywear, such as a black-and-white mini daisy dot cotton poplin skirt suit, and gave breathing room to voluminous taffeta gowns and cocktail dresses that riffed on opera coats. Swimwear-inspired bodices and a filmy caftan — Copping’s first ever — underscored the air of ease that’s wafting through the house.

wwd.com

I really like this. It feels genuinely modern, as opposed to Oscar de la Renta's last few collections which appeared purposefully modernized by a team of stylists.

It's so chic and just beautiful. Every look is special in its own way, you can feel soul and passion from the clothes. It makes this resort better than a lot of regular, seasonal collections.
Peter is such a good fit for Oscar de la Renta imho because they had a lot in common which is great, but also kind of expected. And I'm happy that he's been getting into ODLR's universe slowly. He's got plenty of time so he can work with all the codes and icons of the house.

Not bad. I love the contrast of colors. There are very few pieces that I find unappealing. Overall - a good collection.

Solid collection. He's improving with each offering. It's like ODLR is still behind it. Very nice to see his DNA still breathing through the garments.

I like the first part, very chic and feminine. That's a nice collection :smile:

Good job! I feel like so many women can wear this, from young girls to older ladies.

I can definitely see his touches in the collection but the colors and spirits are pure ODLR. His clothes are always feminine, modern and confident.

I think the collection photographs better than irl (even though the above are photographs of a catwalk haha).

Very beautiful,very chic collection.

Beautiful very Oscar to me, Peter has done amazing wonderful job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->