Oscar de la Renta S/S 2016 New York

marcBarna

Reaction score
Oscar-de-la-Renta-Ready-to-Wear-Spring-Summer-2016-NY-0005-1442342164-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

Miles away from his first collection for the brand. The styling and the color-palette here are so unappealing and dated. And those flats have no business near the delicate clothes.

I like it. Its modern without being removed from the brand. The styling is quirky and sweet, the edit is sweet and lovely.

Its Oscar, but its Peter.

Disappointing, and very much a let down from his debut collection which was brilliant. This reminds me so much of Dolce and Gabbana, especially the first part of the collection.

He really needs to pump up the volume. Oscar De La Renta is pure glamour, yet some of it looked like it came out of a thrift store. There were as many ugly dresses as there were beautiful ones. I will say that the beginning and ending were fabulous! He should have really went for the Spanish theme instead of only using bits and pieces, plus the fabrics looked thick and heavy.

^ I thought it looked D&G too. but the evening wear is gorgeous. that's where the collection shined for me.

I like it, Peter doesn't try to be oh so modern and it's a good thing. I can see Oscar's POV in this collection, but it's changed. Everything is wearable and beautiful. I don't have a problem with flats, they're quite cool.

I really like this. Peter is getting comfortable and showing his quirkiness. But the clothes have pretty much ODR identity. He’s been doing crochet dress for so long now actually. I adore the berry pattern dress. So adorable yet so Oscar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->