Our Photography! #2

I hardly think the camera you use is without importance...in particular not when it comes to quick snaps like these...thinking otherwise seems pretty naive.

It's mostly just a matter of knowing how to use the camera you've got. Those same pics with a Hassleblad 503, by someone who doesn't know it very well won't get pics as good as those with your Nokia's built in camera.

It's mostly just a matter of knowing how to use the camera you've got. Those same pics with a Hassleblad 503, by someone who doesn't know it very well won't get pics as good as those with your Nokia's built in camera.

Yeah, I guess so. I really was just bothered by the resolution of those leaves in the second shot. There's some automatic sharpening it's doing that really rubs me the wrong way.

We had the craziest summer storm happen this week. It lasted about two minutes and covered everything in these hugh hailstones. It was really scary. Afterwards, the sun came out, shining as if nothing had happened. I've just learned today that a three year old girl died because the storm knocked down a tree that smashed the car she was sitting in. Like nature needs to remind us how fragile we are.

1001664f.jpg

1001665k.jpg

1001668l.jpg

1001671.jpg

1001672.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^That's so sad. It seems that a lot of crazy, weather related things have been happening lately.

DSC01944-2.jpg

0004_93830033.jpg

Some beautiful shots, diesanni, GreatOrion and Gincat!

I've been working on a "dream sequence", here are a couple of recent shots:

discontinuity_web.jpg

armageddon_web.jpg

Thank you Tangerine.:flower: Those are fantastic, blurred shots are hard to pull off. I especially like the last one. For some reason the first thing that popped in my head was L.A. circa the 1950's. They both have a very nostalgic quality. Are these analog?

Thank you, Gincat! :blush: Mutual Admiration Society! :lol: Yes, they were taken with a Lubitel 166 Universal, a plastic TLR camera, on 120 film. :flower:

I'm into Urban Exploration.. here's some of my stuff
thanks for looking

Thank you, Gincat! :blush: Mutual Admiration Society! :lol:
That's why this is one of the nicer threads at TFS.:D

Elle M, for some reason I'm having trouble seeing your pics. They're not loading.
jjrodriguez, the colors in that last shot are excellent.

Some portraits and a sunset I took in India:
Unfortunately there was so much contrast in the cast shadows, that the other little girl and their mom aren't really visible. They were darling, though.

28170051.jpg

I was completely charmed by this girl.

28170011.jpg

28170031.jpg

A row of mosque domes

28170069.jpg

^ The first two photos are amazing. Great job! Ever think of photojournalism?

Gincat ... I don't know why you can't see them, they show up on my monitor just fine ... could it be because of imageshack ? :(

^ The first two photos are amazing. Great job! Ever think of photojournalism?

Thank you, Elfinkova. And I did when I was a little kid.

Gincat ... I don't know why you can't see them, they show up on my monitor just fine ... could it be because of imageshack ?

I think it might be imageshack. I'm seeing all except one now. :unsure: They're nice, especially the first one.

Mojopin, thanks for the karma and the comment.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieRunway
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->