More about It Bags from The Guardian: Bags for people with bags more money than sense

Agreed.

I feel we are entering (Or in my opinion, have already been in) an era of Indie labels.

Notice that you are saying more and more "indie" labels being picked up by chain stores (bloomies, neimans, etc)... People are after unique bags, not the bag that you see on everyone's shoulder.

i totally agree with this!

clutches! so true-- i have been buying them lately, some expensive (vbh) and a few on ebay or from banana republic...

Very interesting article thanks for posting. And I cringed when I read the part about people going on debt to buy it bags... That's like really bad, goes on to show the power of IT bags. Though many of us on tFS have a thing for indie designers doing unique bags, I just look around myself and most people I know don't care for the designs, they just want the latest cool item, the logo the brand is what dictates their tastes.

Which I consider is a normal thing when luxury brands wh*re out millions of dollars in marketing and donning them to IT girls... I must also admit that bags that become big aren't that creative (think LV :innocent: or the Chloe bag that made the cut), it was the whole package, the luxury of wearing some **** some big shoes in the fashion industry was seen with.

What's even sadder is when people go broke for this entire joke. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->