Paltrow "Slams" Pitt/Aniston

Ninja Pirate

Reaction score
77-1177.jpg

INDIE film golden girl Gwyneth Paltrow is dumping on ex-beau Brad Pitt, telling Time magazine that Pitt and Jennifer Aniston overhyped their relationship to the press when it was going well — and are paying the price for it now. "It would be a lot easier on Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston now had they not talked to the press about each other and everything to begin with," she says. In an interview hitting news stands today, Paltrow, 32, adds that she's got no intention of making the same mistake. Instead, she and husband Chris Martin, frontman for the band Coldplay, maintain a low- key public schedule and avoid appearing together in public. "Our marriage is between us," she says. "If we decide to continue being together or not, it's our business."

SOURCE: PAGESIX

"When I presented at the Oscars last year," Paltrow tells Time, "everyone would say to me 'Where's your husband? Is there trouble in the marriage?' And I was like, Why on earth would I bring my husband?"

SOURCE: PEOPLE

"Indie?"

Last edited by a moderator:
She sounds like such a b*tch with these quotes. Brad and Jen rarely talked about their lives and even if they acted like Jho and Marc Anthony, the tabs would still do the same, so whatever gwynnie.

Just because she handles her life differently doesn't mean she should criticize other celebrities especially one who she was once engaged with.

She won't comment on her own marriage, but happily comments on the marital affairs of others to the public. Hmmm.

Um, Gwen....maybe if you had been doing anything with your career lately and your hubby was more gorgeous you'd be in the same position as Brad and Jen.

seriously.. I dont see why she has any right to even comment on Brad and Jen's situation. :rolleyes:

OK

Brad and Jen did alot of public appearances but i don't recall them talking about there relationship in public that much.

I think she's just pissed because she can't break up Coldplay the way Yoko Ono broke up the Beatles. (I keed.) Thus the reason why she doesn't want to talk about her marriage.

Theory: I think that the reason why Jen and Brad were wh*ring their marriage is because they were expected to by the media. Tom and Nicole went kaput, so who else was going to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:
"And I was like, Why on earth would I bring my husband?"

why wouldnt she bring her husband?
every word she said made me kind of mad in a way.

I would have said, "None of your beezwax" on why I didn't bring my husband. Not, "why on earth would I bring HIM for??" :lol: Like he's some kind of fashion accessory that went out years ago....doh Gwynie....:doh:

Cheesus crust, guys.

Think - it WOULD have been different had Jen and Brad not gone off all BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH about their relationship - when in was in its good stages, and even bad stages - Jen mostly.

All my G girl was saying was not ment the way you guys like to put her up to be - cold, cruel and full of herself. She said the truth. Live with it.

Also, Chris Martin is a hot man.

Wait a hot minute... wasn't she engaged to Brad Pitt at one point? And weren't they THE Hollywood couple of the moment? And didn't they show up at awards and premiers all the time?

As I remember, Brad and Jen stayed out of the public eye for a good amount of time... and of course they were going to show up to awards ceremonies together, they were/are both a part of the SAME business. It made sense. I never really saw their relationship as overhyped - it's not the couple themselves that overhyped it, it was the media.

Erin said:
As I remember, Brad and Jen stayed out of the public eye for a good amount of time... and of course they were going to show up to awards ceremonies together, they were/are both a part of the SAME business. It made sense. I never really saw their relationship as overhyped - it's not the couple themselves that overhyped it, it was the media.

Yeah, any publicity surrounding their marriage was tabloid or planned on their part (as in an interview).

She really is pretentious - whatever comes out of her mouth. It's like she is the only one that has ever lost a parent or the only one that has ever had a baby or the only one that knows how to conduct a marriage. She is so full of herself sometimes.

I thin kthis is just Gwenyth's way of saying "Ha ha look how successful and happy I am"... without actually saying it.

Maybe she's still bitter about Brad and her relationship. :lol: who knows.

This is a bit off topic, but didn't she make some comments about Jennifer Lopez a little while back that didn't sit to well?

I HATE when she says stuff like this. I'm a fan but stuff like this makes me understand why people don't like her. I think that was way uncalled for.

It's none of her business about Brad and Jen. Celeb couples have been turning up on the red carpet since the 50s of course they will do it today. There are worst celebs out there that sell everything to People Mag etc.

As for the 'Where's your husband? And I was like, Why on earth would I bring my husband?" comment. That has to be the dumbest thing she has ever said.

Umm... maybe cause he is your husband. When people go to functions they take there partners. I think that's a perfectly normal question to ask.

Umm....yea...ok Gwyneth:rolleyes:

While I agree that celeb couples shouldn't tell the press about details of their relationship (just makes them think they're open to everything they do together), I do think it's ok to show up to events together. I mean...if my husband were nominated for a prestigous award, I would want to be there to support him and vice versa.
Does Gwyneth not have any idea that Brad Pitt was/is considered to be the "hottest" man on Earth (not!) and Jen to be one of the biggest characters to ever hit our tv sets? Whether they talked about their relationship or not--they would be stalked endlessly.
Gwyn thinks she's doing what works for her n all that, but in the end I think it would be more pressure to make sure you and your hubby don't show up at things together. Just seems like a bigger hassle IMO and quite unnatural.
Oh and Gwynie..I do seem to recall you talking to Oprah about details of your realtionship with Chris and why you love him so much...*shakes finger* Not much less that anything B and J ever did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iphone4321
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->