Paris & Nicole might reunite for the Simple Life:4 *Update*: picked up by E!

J'ador-DioR

Reaction score
Saving "Simple Life"?
[size=-1]Tuesday July 12 7:15 PM ET[/size]

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]By Marcus Errico [/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]

Who cares about The Simple Life--Fox should crank out a reality show called Behind the Scenes of "The Simple Life", because that's where all the action is.

Paris Hilton and ex-sidekick Nicole Richie, currently in the midst of an epic feud, might be reunited on a fourth season of The Simple Life that would, according to reports, have them shoot their scenes separately. The battling celebutantes are both under contract for another round of the reality series and it appears Fox is going to make a show with the two of them, whether or not they're on speaking terms.

People and Us Weekly magazines reported Tuesday that the network has a plan on the drawing board that would see the next installment of The Simple Life focus on the two stars' upcoming nuptials, Hilton to Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis and Richie to disc jockey Adam Goldstein, aka DJ-Am. The show would presumably film their respective preparations, ceremonies and first weeks as newlyweds. And the beauty of it is that they would never have to get together.

Us Weekly quotes a source in the Richie camp saying, "Nicole is into the idea--she really wants this," but the magazine reports that Hilton hasn't signed off the concept. When contacted by E! Tuesday, Richie's publicist would only say, "Her option was picked up [but] no decision is made on start date, airdate or concept." Hilton's publicist echoed the sentiment, saying "no decisions have been made regarding The Simple Life 4."

Meanwhile, People says that Fox has a plan b, which would focus on Hilton and Richie reconciling. Of course, with the former pals refusing to talk to each other, chances for that seem remote.

There is no official timetable for the reality series and neither Hilton, 24, nor Richie, 23, has announced when they will tie the knot. Amid the new reports Tuesday, the show's production company, 20th Century Television, would only reiterate the same statement it has been making since news of the feud emerged three months. "We are still working out the creative direction of the next installment, and as a matter of policy, don't comment on the creative process," the company told E! "We will let you know when we have something to announce regarding the next edition of The Simple Life."

The off-camera drama became public in April, when Hilton started showing up at Hollywood parties arm-in-arm with fellow scenester Kimberly Stewart--a position previously reserved for Richie.

"You know, I've had three great seasons [on The Simple Life]," Hilton told E! News. "I love the show, and I just want to freshen it up and make it funner and bring new things in," she continued, making it obvious that Stewart was going to be among the "new things."

"It's going to be a big surprise. And everyone is going to be very excited and happy about it."

In case anyone didn't get the hint, Hilton released a statement the following week.

"It's no big secret that Nicole and I are no longer friends," Hilton said.

Several reasons were cited for the split in various reports--from Richie being jealous of Hilton's bigger fame to Richie quitting the party circuit to settle down with Goldstein--but nothing was ever confirmed.

"I will not go into the details of what happened," Hilton said. "All I will say is that Nicole knows what she did, and that's all I am ever going to say about it."

At the time, sources suggested that Hilton and Stewart would continue on The Simple Life in the show's existing format, while Richie would do her own show about her impending trip down the aisle. But those plans were apparently scuttled, and Stewart, the daughter of rocker Rod Stewart, said she wasn't going to do the TV show.

The third edition, The Simple Life: Interns debuted with the series' best-ever ratings--13.3 million viewers. Despite facing formidable competition from ABC's hit Lost, the reality series finished its run averaging a respectable 9.6 million viewers.

In any cases, all parties better iron out their differences soon if the show is going to make it back on the air. Hilton told Newsweek last month that she's going "to retire" from the public eye within the next two years to start a family with Latsis.
Source:Yahoo.com

[/size][/font]

All the stupid rumors and stupid paris.

I would never want paris hilton as a friend, she completely sold out her friend by saying "Nicole knows what she did." That's so rude. If you're never going to say anything about it then don't say "ANYTHING!!!" She said that same thing on the View and all the ladies were consoling her and she was acting like a huge baby. I would be pissed if I was nicole.

Besides who actually watches the simple life for Paris? Not me. The only reason iwatch is to see what nicole is going to say and wear next. I love her, she's great!

And I could care less about Paris' wedding(s), with her trotting around like a little so called princess ordering people around and planning her wedding. And the only reason I would want to see nicole's wedding is because I want to see what her personality is like without paris around and what she really act like in real life.

My theory is Nicole matured and didn't want to party anymore and people started to notice nicole more than they started to notice paris (with the style change and the engagment), so paris got pissed and now their not friends and paris is playing it off as if Nicole is the "Bad guy". Oh poor paris.... NOT!!!

I don't know what really happened but whatever happened I just can't seem to find sympathy for paris. I believe she's jealous that nicole isn't her little sidekick and she's making a career for herself without paris. I love nicole hate paris.

surferchica said:
All the stupid rumors and stupid paris.

I would never want paris hilton as a friend, she completely sold out her friend by saying "Nicole knows what she did." That's so rude. If you're never going to say anything about it then don't say "ANYTHING!!!" She said that same thing on the View and all the ladies were consoling her and she was acting like a huge baby. I would be pissed if I was nicole.

Besides who actually watches the simple life for Paris? Not me. The only reason iwatch is to see what nicole is going to say and wear next. I love her, she's great!

And I could care less about Paris' wedding(s), with her trotting around like a little so called princess ordering people around and planning her wedding. And the only reason I would want to see nicole's wedding is because I want to see what her personality is like without paris around and what she really act like in real life.

My theory is Nicole matured and didn't want to party anymore and people started to notice nicole more than they started to notice paris (with the style change and the engagment), so paris got pissed and now their not friends and paris is playing it off as if Nicole is the "Bad guy". Oh poor paris.... NOT!!!

I don't know what really happened but whatever happened I just can't seem to find sympathy for paris. I believe she's jealous that nicole isn't her little sidekick and she's making a career for herself without paris. I love nicole hate paris.

:huh:

I don't exactly think that making assumptions about their fallout when you've clearly never met the two and saying "stupid paris" is what I would consider polite either... Don't get me wrong, I don't like Paris (or Nicole, for that matter) any more than the next person, but I think that was a little much, perhaps?

Golden_butterfly said:
wow, money makes up for everything these days.

I dont get it. :blink: They dont need the money, esp Paris, why would they do this... it will be interesting tho...^_^

eightyeightkeys said:
:huh:

I don't exactly think that making assumptions about their fallout when you've clearly never met the two and saying "stupid paris" is what I would consider polite either... Don't get me wrong, I don't like Paris (or Nicole, for that matter) any more than the next person, but I think that was a little much, perhaps?
No actually it wasn't... We are allowed to post our opinions aren't we? Well that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I just don't like paris or anything that she has done and I have absolutely no sympathy for her. If you don't like my opinion then don't read it.:rolleyes:

They aren't enemies... they have just grown apart since paris has spent most of her time with her future husband... there are ruhmours everywhere... ^_^ ruhmours are never true

Plastic'sWife said:
I dont get it. :blink: They dont need the money, esp Paris, why would they do this... it will be interesting tho...^_^

i dont think its a choice...i heard on entertainment tonight that they are still under contract...so they have no choice

versace_goddess said:
They aren't enemies... they have just grown apart since paris has spent most of her time with her future husband... there are ruhmours everywhere... ^_^ ruhmours are never true
Actually it's the other way around. Nicole didn't want to party anymore and wanted to spend more time with Adam and paris didn't like that nicole was maturing. That's what the rumors are.:rolleyes:

Simple Life returns for fourth season on E!

From washingtonpost.com:

Just as millions of teenage girls across the country had nearly given up all hope, cable network E! Entertainment announced yesterday it had stepped in to "reunite" best-friends-forever Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie for a fourth edition of "The Simple Life."

Whereas the first editions followed Paris and Nicole as they lived on a farm, traveled cross-country on an Airstream, and interned at jobs no member of their families would ever dream of holding, in "The Simple Life: Till Death Do Us Part," the celebutantes will play at being married by spending time with families with whom they would never spend a nanosecond in the course of their actual fabulous lives.
Each week, Paris and Nicole will take turns pretending to be the wife/mom and run the household of a family whose members, sans Mom, will decide which of the two they like better.

FYI, "reunite" is, in Hollywood, a relative term. And, thanks to the miracle of modern technology, Paris and Nicole will never ever actually come into contact with each other while working on the series.

E! Networks President and CEO Ted Harbert told The TV Column that any concern about the rift between the two women is allayed by the producers' plans "to bring comedy into the show by putting the girls with unusual and quirky families that will bring out the best in the comedy conflict between the girls."
"The key thing to remember here is the magic of editing," he added, saying "it's not like we're going to do 15 minutes of Paris with one family and 15 minutes of Nicole with the family."
Also in the plus column, the show will be shot entirely in Los Angeles, so "there will be cameras on them as they live their fascinating Los Angeles lives."
And yet the presumed cost savings realized by shooting entirely in L.A. will be offset by having to have two separate crews -- one for Paris and the other for Nicole, who, to reiterate, are not speaking to each other. On the other hand, as part of the deal, E! also gets rerun rights to all three previous seasons.

It's interesting that they're pitting them against each other - although Nicole seems to have lost a lot of her spark and Paris was never half as entertaining as her so I can't imagine how this is going to be entertaining. That is until it's edited to death to make them look like mortal enemies and the sabotage begins :evil:

"Each week, Paris and Nicole will take turns pretending to be the wife/mom and run the household of a family whose members, sans Mom, will decide which of the two they like better."

That is the DUMBEST idea I have ever heard of.

I guess having Tara Reid and Anna Nicole Smith on their network wasn't dysfunctional enough for them?

fashionicon said:
"Each week, Paris and Nicole will take turns pretending to be the wife/mom and run the household of a family whose members, sans Mom, will decide which of the two they like better."

That is the DUMBEST idea I have ever heard of.

...And that's why it's on E! :wink:

I just want to say that E! is the WORST channel ever! I mean, have they ever had a decent show? Everytime I switch past that network I get a migraine.

And it stinks that they seem to own The Style Network, because that is the least stylish network I've ever seen in my life.

scblonndie said:
I just want to say that E! is the WORST channel ever! I mean, have they ever had a decent show? Everytime I switch past that network I get a migraine.

And it stinks that they seem to own The Style Network, because that is the least stylish network I've ever seen in my life.
Robert Verdi who says that Logo-A-Gogo is still in...Umm...Robert, where have you been?

Paris is sooooo boring. Nicole Richie still has that Spark that will make you laugh only in a more decent way now. Nicole will be amazing and I cannot wait to see. This will show Paris, she really is talentless. Poor kids whoever they will be....

Guys, please stay on topic. TFS guidelines are clear on drug and weight discussions...

versace_goddess said:

There is always some truth to even the most wild rumors. That is why those tabloids are able to stay in buisness. Because more than often they turn out correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->