Paris F/W 2004 Men's Wear Schedule

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From firstview.com
Friday January 23, 2004

2:30 pm Number Nine-Elysee Montmartre - 72 boulevard Rochechouart - 75018
3:30 pm Masatomo- Universite Rene Descartes - 12 rue de l'Ecole de Medecine - 75006
4:30 pm Philippe Dubuc - Galerie Topograpie de l'Art - 15 rue de Thorigny - 75003
5:30 pm Bernhard Willhelm - 59 rue de Charonne - 75011
6:30 pm John Galliano - Place to be announced
8:30 pm Thomas Engel Hart - Place to be announced

Saturday January 24, 2004

10:00 am Junya Watanabe Man - Place to be announced
11:00 am Pierre Henri Mattout- Place to be announced
12:00 pm Moritz Rogosky- Place to be announced
1:00 pm Armand Basi -Galerie Nikki Diana MArquardt - 9 place des Vosges - 75004
2:30 pm Gaspard Yurkievich- Place to be announced
3:30 pm Sonia Rykiel -Elysee Montmartre - 72 boulevard Rochechouart - 75018
4:30 pm Comme Des Garcons Homme Plus- Place to be announced
5:30 pm Yohji Yamamoto- Lycee Carnot - 145 boulevard Malesherbes - 75017
7:00 pm Louis Vuitton- Serre du Parc Andre Citroen - rue de la Montagne de la Fage - 75015
8:30 pm Dries Van Noten-Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux Arts - Chapelle des Petits Augustins - 14 rue Bonaparte - 75006
9:30 pm Raf Simons- Place to be announced

Sunday January 25, 2004

11:00 am Antonio Miro - Hotel Saint James & Albany - 202 rue de Rivoli - 75001
12:00 pm Paul & Joe- La Boitre Noire - 48 boulevard de Strasbourg - 75010
1:00 pm Helmut Lang -Espace Comines - 17 rue Commines - 75003
2:00 pm Wooyoungmi -Passage de Retz - 9 rue de Rivoli- 75001
3:00 pm Udo Edling -Carrousel du Lovre- Salle Soufflot - 99 rue de Rivoli - 75001
4:00 pm Ozwald Boateng- Hotel Intercontinental - 3 rue de castiglione - 75001
5:00 pm Paul Smith- Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux Arts - 14 rue Bonaparte - 75006
6:00 pm Dirk Schonberger -Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux Arts - Cours des Muriers - 75006
7:30 pm Hermes -Institut du Monde Arabe - 1 rue des Fosses Saint Bernard - Place Mohammed V - 75005
8:30 pm Xavier Delcour -Salle Wagram - 39 avenue de Wagram - 75017

Monday January 26, 2004

11:30 am Jean Charles de Castelbajac- Place to be announced
12:30 pm Masaki Matsushima-Place to be announced
1:30 pm Own- Place to be announced
2:30 pm Sebastian Meunier- Betc Euro Rscg 48 boulevard de Strasbourg - 75010
3:30 pm Stephan Schneider- Place to be announced
4:30 pm Jack Henry -Place to be announced
5:30 pm Francesco Smalto - Place to be announced
6:30 pm Sebastien D Rodriguez - Place to be announced
8:00 pm Christian Dior- Place to be announced
9:00 pm Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche - Place to be announced

HI ALL :flower:

I , for one , am overjoyed to see Masaki Matsushima back !
Will he still be as quirky and experimental as before , or will he play more safe ?
I cannot wait for these new shows and the input given on TFS from those ' in the know ' !!! Thanks a million for the info , igni :flower:

Regards KIT :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

So,Xavier will be showing again.

I forgot about Mattout and Rogosky. I hope they do some good stuff

HI again :flower:

According to the fashion press , eg Fashion Wire Daily et al , Sebastien D Rodriguez is the one to watch !!

I also have a soft spot for Sebastien Meunier . :heart:

Who are Number Nine , by the way ? ( If you will excuse my ignorance ) .

Yours KIT :innocent:

i'm so looking forward to the mens shows :heart:

thanks for the scedule igni :flower:

Is Dior Monsieur still made? Are Christian Dior and Dior Homme separate lines? :wacko:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 10th, 2004 - 4:24 pm
Is Dior Monsieur still made? Are Christian Dior and Dior Homme separate lines? :wacko:
HI Prince of Cats :flower:

CHRISTIAN DIOR MONSIEUR died when LVMH sacked Patrick Lavoix and hired Hedi Slimane to completely revamp the menswear . Hedi DID at first design a more ' conventioal ' collection for Dior , sold at Avenue Montaigne and other high-end stores , which was on more generous proportions , for the male physique , but this secondary collection was discontinued after a couple of seasons and merged with the main DIOR HOMME collection .

CHRISTIAN DIOR MONSIEUR used to have shops in Spain and concessions in El Corte Ingles , the clothes made under licence in Spain , in the same way that CHRISTIAN DIOR MONSIEUR suits etc were made under licence in the UK by a Yorkshire tailoring firm , but this has long discontinued . I know that Christian Dior Monsieur was made for European and American markets by GFT in Italy , but DIOR HOMME have completely different manufacturers .

Hope I've been of help ! :rolleyes:

Regards KIT :flower:

Number Nine is Japan fashion brand and it's the first time to go Paris for runway show~

Thanks THOMAS28 :flower:
You're a pal !!!

KIT B)

i want to see helmut lang.......i think im gonna cry

hlang_WW.jpg

¬_¬

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 11th, 2004 - 6:29 pm
hlang_WW.jpg

¬_¬
:shifty: you know exactly what i meant

i wish i was there to see the :kiss: mod.......show :doh:
:innocent: anyone with a backstage pass

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 11th, 2004 - 9:29 pm
hlang_WW.jpg

¬_¬
:heart: j'adore Helmut, hes getting sweeter and sweeter :blush:

OT:
hope you've read HLang' interview at selfService acid, if not, its a must read B)

Originally posted by kit+Jan 11th, 2004 - 4:13 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kit @ Jan 11th, 2004 - 4:13 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats@Jan 10th, 2004 - 4:24 pm
Is Dior Monsieur still made? Are Christian Dior and Dior Homme separate lines?  :wacko:
HI Prince of Cats :flower:

CHRISTIAN DIOR MONSIEUR died when LVMH sacked Patrick Lavoix and hired Hedi Slimane to completely revamp the menswear . Hedi DID at first design a more ' conventioal ' collection for Dior , sold at Avenue Montaigne and other high-end stores , which was on more generous proportions , for the male physique , but this secondary collection was discontinued after a couple of seasons and merged with the main DIOR HOMME collection .

Hope I've been of help ! :rolleyes:

Regards KIT :flower: [/b][/quote]
Hedi's (and Dior Homme's) first collection was in Fall 2001 named Solitaire right after he left YSL Rive Gauche.

There was no secondary line/merging?! Dior Homme was something brand new after Monsieur was dropped.

What i dont understand is how Galliano's Dior clothing is made in France, whilst Dior Homme is made in Italy. The first 2 seasons of Dior Homme were made in France but they stopped... :ninja:

HI Doo888 :flower: Quote :-

" There was no secondary line/merging?! Dior Homme was something brand new after Monsieur was dropped. "

DIOR HOMME was absolutely new , as you say , and CHRISTIAN DIOR MONSIEUR died the death , along with Patrick Lavoix .
According , however , to Fashion Wire Daily Hedi DID design a more ' conservative ' collection when he first took over , in order to retain the more mature market , possibly .
Whether it actually went on sale , I am not sure , but I am certain that I remember the report on this in FWD . It was not a diffusion line , as I remember , but a more ' mature ' one , to go on sale in the Avenue Montaigne flagship .

If I am talking through my hat I apologise . :cry:

Quote:-
" What i dont understand is how Galliano's Dior clothing is made in France, whilst Dior Homme is made in Italy. The first 2 seasons of Dior Homme were made in France but they stopped... "

France is exceedingly expensive for manufacture and a lot of factories have closed eg Mendes Who used to make all the clothes for Yves Saint Laurent . Maybe with longer runs as the DIOR HOMME collection became more popular , LVMH had to look to Italian factories with more production capacity . There is another thread on this forum about Galliano's collection selling out and the fact that it could have been made in small runs . Could be the same situation as with Hedi's first collections .

Perhaps others here could put us right on these points . :(

Regards KIT :innocent:

I am really looking forward to the men's shows this year!! Thank you for posting the schedule!! :flower:

Originally posted by kit@Jan 12th, 2004 - 12:48 pm
HI Doo888 :flower: Quote :-

" There was no secondary line/merging?! Dior Homme was something brand new after Monsieur was dropped. "

DIOR HOMME was absolutely new , as you say , and CHRISTIAN DIOR MONSIEUR died the death , along with Patrick Lavoix .
According , however , to Fashion Wire Daily Hedi DID design a more ' conservative ' collection when he first took over , in order to retain the more mature market , possibly .
Whether it actually went on sale , I am not sure , but I am certain that I remember the report on this in FWD . It was not a diffusion line , as I remember , but a more ' mature ' one , to go on sale in the Avenue Montaigne flagship .

If I am talking through my hat I apologise . :cry:

Quote:-
" What i dont understand is how Galliano's Dior clothing is made in France, whilst Dior Homme is made in Italy. The first 2 seasons of Dior Homme were made in France but they stopped... "

France is exceedingly expensive for manufacture and a lot of factories have closed eg Mendes Who used to make all the clothes for Yves Saint Laurent . Maybe with longer runs as the DIOR HOMME collection became more popular , LVMH had to look to Italian factories with more production capacity . There is another thread on this forum about Galliano's collection selling out and the fact that it could have been made in small runs . Could be the same situation as with Hedi's first collections .

Perhaps others here could put us right on these points . :(

Regards KIT :innocent:
HI doo888 :flower:

I had further thoughts last night on this subject .

I am pretty sure that this ' mysterious ' hedi collection was an adjunct to the main collection , and as I say , they , LVMH , could have had second thoughts about its being put into production .

I imagine LVMH could have been envisaging the same situation , AT THE OUTSET of DIOR HOMME , as there is with GIORGIO ARMANI ( the signature line ) and the fact that there is also ARMANI CLASSICO ( the other top-end line for more mature men , equally expensive and luxurious , but less ' cutting -edge ') .

If you go into the Giorgio Armani flagship on Sloane Street , MOST of what is stocked is ironically ARMANI CLASSICO ( I assume for the rich arab market ) and you have to really search for the signature pieces from the runway shows .
I actually had to make a special order for this item as it had not been ordered for the a/w 02 stock , which I was surprised about .

http://www.firstview.com/MENFall2002/GIORG...RMANI/P101.html

As a point , in designer runway shows , what you see on the catwalk is ONLY the highly directional pieces - those which will get immediate press coverage .

You find that there is much more in the way of pieces that can be ordered by the buyers , in the designers' showrooms ! Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche is a case in point here . Look at what is available in FLANNELS and HARVEY NICHOLS , for instance , and there are pieces on sale there that were NOT in the runway show .

I have read on this forum , that the men's Dolce e Gabbana goes on sale in their showroom WEEKS before their runway show .
Galliano for Dior is another case in point . His shows are a riot of spectacle with utterly unwearable outfits paraded , but everything is toned down and reinterpreted for what appears in the showroom on offer for the buyers to order for the CHRISTIAN DIOR boutiques .

Again , other members here on TFS might have some input here . B)

Regards KIT :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->