Patricia Velasquez

Patricia and Kate Moss
27wzxwo.jpg

New Photoshoot (posted on May 21st 2009 at hectorjoaquin.com)
zvdc2d.jpg

qx2w7k.jpg

qs2zy8.jpg

Photo by Jeffrey Boan
PatriciaVelasquezENHphoto.jpg

May 21st 2009: La modelo y actriz venezolana Patricia Velásquez es una de las 10 personalidades galardonadas por la asociación española Women Together, que premia su contribución a la asistencia humanitaria, el desarrollo, la defensa de los derechos humanos y la promoción de las artes. La ceremonia de entrega tuvo lugar en la sede de Naciones Unidas, en Nueva York.
La asociación ensalzó su labor humanitaria a favor de la comunidad indígena venezolana Wayúu Tayá, de la que procede parte de su familia.
1242898147_0.jpg

credit: elmundo.es

- I've never heard of this event :rolleyes: someone could translate it?

1242898147_0.jpg

credit: elmundo.es

- I've never heard of this event :rolleyes: someone could translate it?

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day, when I stumbled upon this picture, whilst searching for more Patricia pics...you know, like you do :P and I was like, how have I not heard of this event?! and why are there no more pictures?!?! lol

Oh and here is the translated text for you ^__^

"Venezuelan actress and model Patricia Velásquez is one of the 10 individuals honored by the Spanish Association Women Together, which rewards their contribution to humanitarian assistance, development, human rights and promotion of the arts. The ceremony took place at the UN headquarters in New York.
The association extolled its humanitarian work for the indigenous community in Venezuela Wayúu Taya, from which part of your family."

thanks for translating :kiss: aww so she was honored at this event? congratulations Patricia :smile: I'm still wondering why we don't have more photos from it :rolleyes: I thought that someone will post pics of her at wireimage or filmmagic but I guess I was wrong... :unsure: :( Patricia looked gorgeous, I want to see the whole dress :( lol

No problem :smile:

I want to see the whole dress too, I always love her outfits, she always picks the most lovely but subtle clothes, which I think is great ^_^

Here is a nice oldie for everyone :D

bellazon

^ OH MY GODNESS! this photo is so beautiful :o lovin' it. ohh and Patricia had very thin eyebrows ^_^ lol

I want to see the whole dress too, I always love her outfits, she always picks the most lovely but subtle clothes, which I think is great
happy.gif
exactly :wub: maybe we should find more pics on some spanish websites? :D I'll try.

OH MY GOD! I think she looks p-e-r-f-e-c-t :wub: it reminds me of 1999-2001 era a little bit :D beautiful, just beautiful. I'm speechless. But...I'd prefer to see Patricia in shorter dress (show your legs, girl! ^_^) :lol: :crush: the top is gorgeous though.

more photos from wireimage.com
a2fz0p.jpg

14c5y10.jpg

rign84.jpg

2jczvb6.jpg

two beautiful stills from The Mummy Returns :smile: I love this movie!
2reqwhx.jpg

mhui3r.jpg

source: cinematic agency

I'd love to see them in high quality :crush:

I'd like to see them in HQ too. I have those images, slightly bigger but not in high quality....I need to stumble across some new images of her soon too lol.

The world top model and actress, the Venezuelan Patricia Velasquez has just arrived on the Montenegrin coast, and her problems have already started. We find out from unofficial sources that she faced a large blow from her aviation company. During the flight her luggage was lost. As the source says, all of Budva are on their feet because Patricia is trying to make up for her lost wardrobe, and headed shopping. The source also confirmed that the beauty, in the case that she does not find her luggage, will host the final night of the Ford Supermodel of the World contest, that is being held in the top Montenegrin summer destination, dressed in a creation made by a Croatian or Montenegrin designer.
The Venezuelan Patricia Velasquez is known for her roles in the film hits “The Mummy” and “The Mummy Returns”. Croatia will be represented by Kristina Situm from Vinkovci at the event on January 24 that will be broadcast by 30 world television stations. Just like the other 50 girls, finalists from all over the world, Kristina will try and convince the Ford Supermodel jury that she is the one that should win the 250,000 dollar contract during the five preparation days and final event.
y213192732230903444_2.jpg
]javno

...and the translated article for you ^_^

Patricia Velasquez, business without borders.

Patricia Velásquez priorities are no longer the same girl from Venezuela 19 years ago decided to model the major gateways in the world, then its way as an actress in Hollywood.

Convinced that the project of bringing cinema to life of Ingrid Betancourt happened is the time, or at least lost its original meaning with the release of former Colombian congressman by the FARC, Velásquez not without new challenges .

"The idea (of the film that would lead the Brazilian Walter Salles) is there and not saying that will not take place, but now is not my priority. I wanted to do before she was released as a contribution to their cause, but now is different and there are too many people who want to make that movie, "he said shortly before boarding a plane to take the New York to Los Angeles, where he resides with his little daughter. Return home after the sixth annual gala Wayúu Taya Foundation, held last Wednesday at an exclusive Manhattan studio.

A gala with good news.

Velasquez showed no wrong in their priorities. From the hand of the designer Donna Karan (who, incidentally, never paraded, but who is very friendly), Padma Lakshmi (sybarite india and actress who leads the program Top Chef from Bravo TV) and the model Christie Brinkley, raised at the gala charity funds for his organization to continue its work towards improving the quality of life of children Wayúu.

In the evening, the multimillionaire Stewart Rahr (owner of the distributor's largest generic pharmaceutical world) announced that it would grant the necessary funds for the construction of a new school and a creative center that will host the National System of Children and Youth Orchestras Wayuu community in the Venezuelan Guajira.

The center will house, in addition, courses in painting, theater and dance that developed with the support of institutions like the University of Zulia.

Still surprised by the news, Velasquez says: "This will be possible to educate 480 children." And with the announcement that mischievousness of Rahr, music producer Russell Simmons, hip-hop figure in United States and allied Wayúu Taya, told the hearing: "You passed the big leagues."

In seven years of work, the foundation has managed to build resources for the primary school in the area, equipped with computers where children learn the dialect Wayúu well as sports and cultural facilities.

The event will be auctioned off pictures of New York Jenny Woodman series of Silence Guajiro artists and paintings Zulian Elvis Rosendo Enrique Colina, Galué Johan, Manuel Gómez Hernández and Luis Rincon made in collaboration with children from the foundation. One of them, Jose Enrique Gonzalez and Andy Cambas small, was sold at $ 10,000. To close the night Padma Lakshmi Amy Sacco and auction raise funds for grants to more than 30 children who were provided with food, medical care, education and school supplies for one year.

"We got up a full scholarship to study at the University of Miami, but I do not think it is time to get these kids to their environment," he said Velasquez.

"There are offers of Repton School Dubai and other institutions, but the idea is that they should be trained in their environment."

That night no one spoke of a crisis, but of dreams fulfilled with the proceeds of the gala in 2008 and attained over the next 12 months in a remote and unknown land for many Venezuelans as the Guajira.

Against slavery.

From The Wayúu Taya Foundation, Velasquez has now taken the banner of the struggle against slavery in the world today.

"There are 27 million slaves in the world," he adds, citing a figure released chilling Kevin Bales, president of the organization Free the Slaves and author of Disposable People: New Slavery in the Global Economy (1999).

"Guyana, a country so close to Venezuela, is one of the most active of slavery in the world," the alert model.

Many stories of modern slaves that have reached their ears chose transit tortuous argentina a mother whose daughter was abducted and subjected to slavery. "On the road to find this young, more than 100 people have gone to jail and a hundred other girls have been found and released."

She chose not to reveal names or even the person who chose to write the screenplay and directs. "Many of the slaves are sold and only known United States there are over 60,000 people in this condition.

The project will take more than a year because we have to shoot where there is dangerous and we must protect the identity of people, "he said.

The challenge, he says, is to show the positive side of the story. "People connect more with joy, but in this case is very difficult."

Yes, she does but I think Patricia is a lot prettier than Nicole :wink: :wub: and the last picture which you posted is truly perfect :heart: I love this shoot, one of my favs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimst10
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->