Pedro Garcia - promising new designer

I' ve seen them yesterday in store and was quite disappointed. They didn't draw my attention really, but somewhere in my brain I found the information that they were shown on net-a-porter and that they looked so nice on the pictures. But in person, they looked a bit sad. Especially the model with the rhinestone-clip looked extremely cheap. But I hope, Garcia will improve - some of his ideas look very promising.

here's one from his latest collection. i just love these!

pedrogarcia018hj.jpg

Oria said:
^ I hope those shoes aren't in the mid-priced market, because they just don't tickle my shoe fancy. :ninja: :innocent:

They are quite pricey for what they are - looks a bit like it might be a Spanish factory brand -I wonder if 'he' exists or if he is a made up name?

I actually bought a pair and had to return them because they're the most uncomfortable flats I've EVER bought......horrendous considering the price.

That's sad Susie. Other than my mushroom heels on the previous page I now also own some black satin shoe boots (from NAP.com) by him,and both fit beautifully. The only problem is that they are both satin,and I haven't worn them much this winter.

I don't like many of his designs though...I'd say he makes some nice things now and then,but I'm not an unconditional fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to agree. I own one pair of pumps and owned one pair of flats--they are not even comfortable!!

I too think the pumps are a thing of beauty. The only shoes I liked in Post #11 are those golden flats. Many of the shoes seem to favor dressy types and not so much of the casual type. My least favorite of the collection are those brown sandals in Post #11 with the little diamond-looking thing. Dude has a future. Let's see what he can do if he caters to some female celebrities at award shows or something. For example, imagine some of the ladies from the Teen Choice Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, and that sort of thing. Maybe even American Idol or something. Dude has a future, and a great one at that.

I like some of his stuff at NAP...he does have pretty designs every and then and I am very taken with his flats for this season.

I bought some t-strap resembling sandals from him this summer in black leather, and they actually didn't fit too well at first, but ended up being one of my most comfortable pairs. I can't really make up my mind about his things in general though, some i like and some i really don't

I was quite taken by a pair of his flats at On Pedder in Singapore. It's frayed silk I think, with chain link detail at the front. Pity it was so uncomfortable-

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->