Perfect, flawless, poreless skin: how?

you could try usuing natural ways, like :
1) peeling made of sugar and honey, gosh it works so well
2) honey mask( just put honey, but the natural one, not the one bought in supermarket) and leave for a few minutes , your skins becomes so soft and fresh
3) i heard that tap water is bad for ur skin, so you should try using the water in spray ( vichy , avene etc,or my guess a water that is bought in a supermarket but not the tap water.... ive started this to be precise yesterday:smile: so im not sure if it is true, but ill let u know)

^Luckily here we have the most clean tap water in Finland, they have researched that bottled water actually has much more bacteria. But I do notice the difference in the water on the different areas here, too. In some places the water is just not that good, but on my area we luckily have the cleanest ground water. We also have a ground water spring right near my apartment, sometimes we carry few bottles from there.

I've been using the Dr Dennis Gross AHA peel (extra strength) and it's doing wonders! My skin is more clearer, even and smooth. I've only been using it for a week and I've already been getting compliments! but its a bit pricey :neutral:

I've had trouble recently with some swollen and red pores on my forehead. Any recommendations on something good to use on them? I was considering this stuff:

s1375773-main-lhero.jpg

Source: Sephora

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?productId=P297524

Is that any good?

Did anyone tried Le Edge Skin Exfoliator? I've read a lot of positive reviews and considering ordering it.

tools_pink-blue.png

le-edge

Le Edge is finely sculptured ‘surgical grade’ stainless steel, it is precision designed to remove dead skin cells and debris from the skin’s surface with ease, revealing the newer younger cells and more radiant skin.
With no chemicals, just water, Le Edge is safe to use on dry skin or even sensitive skin. It does not disturb or irritate the skin’s natural ph balance.
Le Edge - the new no mess, no fuss approach to face and body exfoliation!

When do I use Le-edge?:
• Use regularly to maintain healthy skin texture.
• Pre-Shaving to lift ingrown hair away from the skin.
• Pre-Waxing to prep skin for a smoother finish.
• Remove old patchy fake tan.
• Exfoliate dry skin.
• Eliminate bumpy-arm syndrome.
• Effortlessly remove hard built up skin on feet.

How do I use Le Edge?:
• Le Edge is for use on wet skin; ideally, you should exfoliate when in the shower, under warm running water which will help to open up the skin’s pores, or, have a warm bowl of water to wet down the skin.
• Hold your Le Edge at a 45-degree angle to the area you are exfoliating. Place your fingers where indicated by the power grips to prevent slipping.
• The warm water will soften the skin surface allowing Le Edge to slide along the skin collecting the outer layer of dead skin cells, and debris such as soap, creams, oils, dirt, or instant tan remnants.
• Move to another area of the body always sliding along the skin in the direction that feels comfortable for you.

hqhair

Quick fixes:

* Rosewater (organic) can reduce redness instantly. My face actually needs the little redness that it has so the first time I used rosewater I thought I'd been poisoned cause my face went pale green/yellow :sick: :D The effect doesn't last that long though...

* Mask made from oat. Really gives a poreless look and is easy to make at home, just crush and mix with water.

I've been using lemon juice to reduce marks from breakouts and it does seem to make my skin smoother in general. This winter I got some fine lines from living in a house that has to be heated in a way that makes the air extremely dry. Put some lemon juice on the lines and the dry skin peeled off. Lemon juice has become my "strange addiction" (like the tv-series). I'm using it on my skin, I drink it and have it in my food... ^_^

Pore instant perfector by Clinique improves pores before applying makeup.

it's genetic, hormones, enviroment but still there are few things that can help your skin to look better.

- eating a healthy food, drinking enough water, regular excercise, at least 7 hours of sleep per day, reduce stress to minimum level and most important - be happy. :smile:

- find a perfect products for you. it's not easy, sometime it takes a long time but it's essential.

- do not overload your skin with 200 products and treatments ... keep it simple and don't touch your face if you don't need to.

- if you're 20 don't use face creams for 40 years old woman, and if you're 40 don't use teenage anti-acne products, even if you have acne.

- what works for me: diamond microdermabrasion, just 2 treatments during winter are enough for me (and only at doctor's office), fluids with cca 20% glycolic acid (avon has a great fluid) I use only one bottle per year because it can irritate skin.

- and after all: learn how to apply a make-up. :smile:

- what works for me: diamond microdermabrasion, just 2 treatments during winter are enough for me (and only at doctor's office), fluids with cca 20% glycolic acid (avon has a great fluid) I use only one bottle per year because it can irritate skin.

i have a dermabrasion appt scheduled for october. can you tell us more about your appts? so they spread the diamond stuff on your face for 15 minutes right?

and afterwards your pores were less noticeable? did you have hyperpigmentation as well?

my problem was large pores, blackheads and some old acne scars.

treatment takes cca 30 minutes and it tickles, my friend said it was little bit unpleasant for her but I think it's surprisingly relaxing. after a treatment skin looks irritated but it last only for 2-3 hours. I wanted to cover redness with make-up but my doctor told me that is better not to, it's important to leave skin to breath.

what I've noticed right after a treatment was softness of the skin and, honestly, not much more, it's not like you've got a new face but after few treatments you really can see that pores looks smaller, they're not so clogged any more and skin is much fresher, healthier.

major result is number of compliments that I get for my skin. :smile: even when I think that results are not so visible - other people see the difference. :smile:

5 years ago I went on 4 treatments of diamond microdermabrasion (one treatment every 10 days). then I made a 3 years pause and now I have 2 treatments (in 10 days) every 12 or 18 months, and it's just enough. after that I don't even need a facial for months.

in my country one treatment costs around $90, I guess it's much more expensive in usa or uk.

why did you get an appt?

i booked my appt. because i have blackheads on my nose, forehead and parts of my cheeks. i also want to reduce hyperpigmentation. the appts cost $150 here because they are with a dermatologist. i have to wait an incredibly long time because they are really booked up. they said it would take 15 minutes.

i might see if i can find someplace that can take me earlier while keeping my other appointment.

my derm told me to keep applying my retin A because that would also lighten my face slightly and reduce the appearance of the hyperpigmentation.

if i dont feel the dermabrason is working i'll switch over to peels (they also cost 150 per appt) she said she would start off with a lower concentration of glycolic to see what my skin can tolerate)

my doctor wont do microdermabrasion or any high percentage acid treatment between 01.05. and 30.09. because after those treatments skin can react badly if it's expose to sun ... and you can't avoid sun in my country. :smile:

and about glycolic acid ... I'm so happy that my skin love it! I used avon rejuvenate glycolic facial treatment and it was absolutely perfect. after just 15 days my skin looked almost poreless, probably because produce of blackheads was much slower than usual. unfortunately, after I stoped using within 2 month I've had my old skin ... full of blackheads. :huh:

I was sceptic about quality of avon products but I bought this one after friend's recommendation. well, it's discontinued but there is something similar - avon anew clinical resurfacing expert smoothing fluid.

i had my first microdermabrasion treatment today. this was at a medi-spa type place. the cost was 100$ (normally its 150 but since i was a first time custumer it was disounted)

the medical esthetician took a special wand that had crystals on it and ran it along my face pressing hard. it hurt a little bit. later i got used to it. it also vacuumed at the same time.

it hurts much less than waxing or plucking, btw. my eyes did not water.

after she ran over my entire face she did a second go-around.

i did not have much redness at all. the esthetician said i was tolerating it very well. in fact two hours later you cant tell i had anything done.

on october 4th i have an appt. at a real doctors office for dermabrasion. i think they will use diamonds instead of crystals. looking forward to comparing the two treatments.

^I looked it up, I think I'm going to give it a go as well..

I'm just curious about what happens if you go out in the sun after doing one, is it extra damaging?

at the end of the appointment she put a serum on me and then sunscreen. the sunscreen had zinc in it which physically blocks the sun.

i'm not going to take any more precautions than i normally do in the sun. i usually put on spf 30 moisturizer before i leave the house in the AM. i'm not out in the sun for very long...

late last night before i went to bed i noticed a tiny bit of redness similar to a tiny mild sunburn but now its the morning and its gone.

the good thing about this is that there is absolutely no peeling or skin flaking. i dont have to worry about exfoliating (the vacuum thing already did that)

the only bad thing i wasnt sure how much i was supposed to tip. the medi-spa didnt have an envelope system for tips. :ninja: are we supposed to tip the same amount as you would at a normal hair salon?

I'm almost never in the sun during weekdays but I hit the beach on the weekends.. perhaps do it just before monday and by the weekend the sensitive part might have toned down a bit?

I guess I'll ask the spa about it..

How about make-up? Is it best not to?

Oh God, tipping.. There needs to be some set rules for it, I always get confused..

i was told by the medical esthetician just to wear sunscreen every day. but i normally do that anyway. she told me i could put makeup on it..i put on some basic bb cream this morning...

my skin does not feel sensitive now, when i washed by face last night there was no sensitivity either.

i dont think anyone can tell i had anything done. my family said they couldnt even tell. you'd have to be really looking closely to see any redness last night...

i'm glad i got it done. i understand that cumulative treatments will show improvement, not just one....

i think its a better value than a facial. facials have just been about piling products and serums on for me, not about getting anything constructive...

Here's what I use:

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant

sweetestsins.blogspot.com

La Roche Possay Effaclar Duo

allure.com

Nuxe Gentle Purifying and Clarifying Mask with 3 Roses
shopping.cherchons.com

I find these three products extremely effective. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members