Perfect Magazine Issue #5 F/W 2023.24

^I believe that Bryanboy said that the multi cover strategy was a means of securing endorsement from brands and talent (e.g. photographers and models). I mean I hate it too, but in the case of this magazine, which isn't even backed by a publishing house IIRC, it makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is the obscene price, especially if the format is going back to a more traditional magazine's dimensions.

Vittoria's cover is wonderful, but I can leave the rest. Sad to see even people like Sims and Templer pimping out their children with covers and runway slots in FW now. Makes Hailey and Kendall look like they've been hustling the past few years. Meh - I'll still stan though.

Is the paper super glossy and thick? perhaps that´s why the price... have you looked at US Vogue´s cheap paper?!

Never been all too impressed with Perfect but I am very pleasantly surprised by some of these covers. Always so wonderful to see Natasha Poly and that Vittoria Ceretti is rather gorgeous. However, the inclusion of Kylie Minogue is simply the icing on the cake for me here.

Vittoria, Poly and Kylie all look incredible. some of the other covers are good but blimey did they really needed this many?

bring the editorials!

Is the paper super glossy and thick? perhaps that´s why the price... have you looked at US Vogue´s cheap paper?!
I believe like the first 3 numbers were hard cover, I see some pictures of the following issues that are not hard cover.

Yep, the book is still heavy, paper stock is very glossy and thick -- it has not changed at all since our first issue. Has anyone actually bought the issues? :kissingcat:

The publication is fluid and a living organism. And we are so small that we have the freedom to play with dimensions and formats as we wish. On my Editor's letter, I actually brought up the idea of going traditional/vertical -- the price of paper, binding, printing, publishing AND shipping has gone up drastically especially with inflation in the past year.

Multi colver is so dépassé. Please stop it.

Have you actually bought and picked up an independent magazine lately? i-D, POP, Another, Odda, Dust, so on and so forth? Multiple covers have been the norm for YEARS. Again, independent titles do not have the luxury of being able to have just one cover like big, corporate titles.

ZRFDbd7J_o.jpeg

Yep, the book is still heavy, paper stock is very glossy and thick -- it has not changed at all since our first issue. Has anyone actually bought the issues? :kissingcat:

The publication is fluid and a living organism. And we are so small that we have the freedom to play with dimensions and formats as we wish. On my Editor's letter, I actually brought up the idea of going traditional/vertical -- the price of paper, binding, printing, publishing AND shipping has gone up drastically especially with inflation in the past year.
Bryan now the shop is shipping to Brazil i maybe get one! :smilingwhearts:

I still don't get these amounts of alternate covers magazines put out nowadays. They can work well, but in moderation, like Dazed excelled at it back in the 90s with sets of alternate covers which actually were coherent and kept one theme, like one with young actresses circa 1997-ish or 1999 cover set with All Saints.

They all look so lackluster outside first cover with Vittoria, which is gorgeous. I love colors and lighting on it.

Glad to see Oluchi, though not fan of her cover. They could make it better honestly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insearchofpastissues
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->